Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

get to know your Mods

+9
Paddy
Tangy
LLL
automatica
Mother Mary
Exogenisis
miabelieves
Droid
Janey
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

get to know your Mods Empty get to know your Mods

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I just wanted to share with you all who the mods are. They are all good people who you can turn to for help. We will be updating with further mods, however the senior mods are:

LLL (he is the webmaster too!), SNARK, MOTHER MARY (the watercooler is her domain! Smile ), MUH and myself.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

get to know your Mods Empty Re: get to know your Mods

Post by Droid Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for the introduction.
Droid
Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:02 pm

I should point out that we are still accepting mod applications and will be making further announcements shortly!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 pm

What is a mod expected to do?
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:04 pm

I should also point out, whilst I am trying to point, that our mods also have a very diverse background from all walks of life and beliefs. That is a deliberate policy as we are very keen not to let this site descend into I hate the XXX people or I love the YYYY religion.

It is multicultural, democratic and as fair as we can make it for you all!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Exogenisis Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:04 pm

I've worn a Mod hat somewhere Back in My past
Exogenisis
Exogenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:06 pm

miabelieves wrote:What is a mod expected to do?

hey Mia, first and foremost to be on hand to help people with their problems. Secondly, to watch over the threads and use a big boot on any trolls and to moderate any discussions that get out of hand.

We are not going to be ban happy or throw out people who are not part of a particular clique, but part of the mods work is to protect us from spammers and those who are out to cause trouble. You will be able to step into arguments and delete offensive posts.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:07 pm

any applicants PM my account pls and also let me know your timezone (that just helps me build up 24 hour cover here)
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Well if you need my help just holler. I will do what I can. I am not very savvy as for programming or such. I know I have posted lots here today but not normally. I am just so excited I found you. Let me know.

as for time zone...it's where my work has me...currently in Eastern TN..so EST...in a couple months I will be in Southern Indiana

Last edited by miabelieves on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Just saying hello. I am pretty sure after being at GLP for 2 years everyone knows who I am. Especially since October of last year. Mia - Mods pretty much just go around and make sure that no one is being a shill. Any attacks on Janey will not be tolerated!!
Mother Mary
Mother Mary

http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

thanks Mia, no programming required Smile really kind of you, thank you!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Droid Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Janey wrote:I should point out that we are still accepting mod applications and will be making further announcements shortly!

What information do you need as the "application"?

I doubt my resume would be of any use. Smile

Last edited by Droid on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Droid
Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Droid wrote:
Janey wrote:I should point out that we are still accepting mod applications and will be making further announcements shortly!

What information do you need as the "application"

we just ask that everyone give a little bit of info about themselves (without revealing state secrets! ) and their timezone
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Droid Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Janey wrote:
Droid wrote:

What information do you need as the "application"

we just ask that everyone give a little bit of info about themselves (without revealing state secrets! ) and their timezone

OK, what would you like to know? Im in NY, USA. GMT-5
Droid
Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Mother Mary wrote:Just saying hello. I am pretty sure after being at GLP for 2 years everyone knows who I am. Especially since October of last year. Mia - Mods pretty much just go around and make sure that no one is being a shill. Any attacks on Janey will not be tolerated!!

Yeah, I think I lurked for almost 4 years on GLP and yes Mother, I remember you from GLP, I lurked on many of your threads... :-) it really made me mad when peps said mean things to you...but I kept silent..sorry...
but when Janey came along...I was engrossed...I just could not help myself....and all the peps that were following her and supporting her was just awesome.
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:16 pm

The mod team will also be made aware fully of who I am, where I work and what I do, so they can back up that I am a full time journalist.

This also helps prevent the constant trolling I get on the subject. I cannot share with you all for obvious reasons, but I hope you trust the mods telling you that I am a genuine journo when they see the info.

It is the fairest way we can do it without putting myself at risk. So, yes, we will be carefully vetting mod applicants also, to ensure they are not out to cause trouble!

We believe this is the best way to protect me from the Internet hooligans. I hope people agree with that.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by automatica Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:17 pm

hey can I suggest an Introductions thread? I have met some really beautiful people through Janey's threads...but haven't really met them Smile peace to you all!
automatica
automatica

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 pm

automatica wrote:hey can I suggest an Introductions thread? I have met some really beautiful people through Janey's threads...but haven't really met them Smile peace to you all!

Great idea, Give me 2mins and it will be up under the "welcome" thread
LLL
LLL
Admin

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Janey wrote:The mod team will also be made aware fully of who I am, where I work and what I do, so they can back up that I am a full time journalist.

This also helps prevent the constant trolling I get on the subject. I cannot share with you all for obvious reasons, but I hope you trust the mods telling you that I am a genuine journo when they see the info.

It is the fairest way we can do it without putting myself at risk. So, yes, we will be carefully vetting mod applicants also, to ensure they are not out to cause trouble!

We believe this is the best way to protect me from the Internet hooligans. I hope people agree with that.

I agree totally...you must trust who you give your info to...you have my Face Book page, my email...if you need anything else all you need to do is yell. I will do my humanly best to support you, this thread and it's participants.
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Droid Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Janey I PM'd you with my application, but it seems to just be sitting in the "outbox" maybe that's normal until you read it? Lemme know..
Droid
Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 pm

miabelieves wrote:
Janey wrote:The mod team will also be made aware fully of who I am, where I work and what I do, so they can back up that I am a full time journalist.

I agree totally...you must trust who you give your info to...you have my Face Book page, my email...if you need anything else all you need to do is yell. I will do my humanly best to support you, this thread and it's participants.

Mia, I trust you completely as you came forward with all of your personal information to me without even asking. I have no doubts as to your integrity!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 pm

miabelieves wrote:
Mother Mary wrote:Just saying hello. I am pretty sure after being at GLP for 2 years everyone knows who I am. Especially since October of last year. Mia - Mods pretty much just go around and make sure that no one is being a shill. Any attacks on Janey will not be tolerated!!

Yeah, I think I lurked for almost 4 years on GLP and yes Mother, I remember you from GLP, I lurked on many of your threads... :-) it really made me mad when peps said mean things to you...but I kept silent..sorry...
but when Janey came along...I was engrossed...I just could not help myself....and all the peps that were following her and supporting her was just awesome.

No problem at all. I knew I had a group of silent people that "followed" me. After awhile I just grew a skin and stopped hating them. Yes, that wonderful love thing. The shills and trolls over there could be quite crude. Now I kind of feel like I have come to Cheers, where everyone knows my name and the trolls will be so much less cause now karma has come back and they can't quite knock me around anymore. As so many people used to try to say over there about my weight in my avatar....I can now throw that weight around. (well, just a little bit.) LOL

And yes to Janey. Every time I think about what she does and what she has been through, I just get chocked up and I can't quite find the words to express what she means to all of us. <3
Mother Mary
Mother Mary

http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangy Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey Mods Smile

long time GLPer.. I hadn't logged in for ages though.

Home schooling mother.

Prepper, doom addict, and a big softy for humans in peril.

...and apparently I have a hole in my lip, as I just spilled a wee bit of my 4th Superbowl day beer. lol..

Laughing cheers
Tangy
Tangy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I would do Mod if you need.

Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 pm