Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Thurs 10 Feb

+42
Rickster58
boobu
Jeremiah
Betsy Ross
Poof
Dead Revolutionary
Alaskan Girl
Luna
caliigirl
Swinburnian
butterfly girl
Mimi
IsisAurelia
all4free
Joe Bese
northerntomcat
FoolOnTheHill
Mother Mary
LewNi
huntermj
Paddy
Canary
Tangy
Logical Paradox
Babsi
ZX12R
Limpan
Myhaloisgone
Aetius Romulous
4EVAFREEisME
Lurker
Muhajiir
Earth Cries
tacodog
LLL
cab123
BelgianBoy
Ubetcha
Strawberry
MissHidalgo
Canuck36
Janey
46 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Thurs 10 Feb - Page 3 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Thurs 10 Feb

Post by Ubetcha Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:43 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Cairo airport confiscates all broacast equipment of yet another BBC journalist. Clearly regime has no intention to change.

Amazing, they really need some advisor to inform them these tactics are making things worse. They sure are botching any steps forward with their interactions with the Egyptian people and the worlds view of this regieme Egypt Rolling Updates Thurs 10 Feb - Page 3 634543
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Thurs 10 Feb - Page 3 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Thurs 10 Feb

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 am

LLL wrote:
cab123 wrote:Morning LLL,
Question,what's the yellow star on my cusior mean?

You've lost me cab?

I get a yellow star trimed in red w/! mark in the middle. only happens here??? stays or follows the cusior
a few sec.'s then gone
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 am

cab123 wrote:
LLL wrote:

You've lost me cab?

I get a yellow star trimed in red w/! mark in the middle. only happens here??? stays or follows the cusior
a few sec.'s then gone

No idea cab, Sorry.
LLL
LLL
Admin

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:48 am

WikiLeaks: Suleiman told Israel he would 'cleanse' Sinai of arms runners to Gaza

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news is more evidence of the close ties between Israel, the United States and Mr Suleiman, who is tipped to replace Hosni Mubarak as Egypt’s president.

The close relationship has emerged from American diplomatic cables leaked to the WikiLeaks website and passed to The Daily Telegraph. Mr Suleiman is Israel’s preferred candidate to replace 82-year-old Mr Mubarak. A secret hotline between Mr Suleiman and the Israelis was said to be “in daily use”, according to US diplomatic cables.

I don't think the Egyptian people will accept him as a replacement for Mubarak.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8314459/WikiLeaks-Suleiman-told-Israel-he-would-cleanse-Sinai-of-arms-runners-to-Gaza.html
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 am

LLL wrote:
cab123 wrote:
LLL wrote:

You've lost me cab?

a few sec.'s then gone

No idea cab, Sorry.

LLL if I figure it out i'll ost in wsh list TY
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 am

cab123 wrote:
LLL wrote:

You've lost me cab?

a few sec.'s then gone

That is your browser doing something, not this site or LLL. I forgot exactly what though.

Last edited by Canuck36 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 am

Morning to all the new comers

Smile
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:52 am

11:34am In a recent interview with ABC television, Omar Suleiman, the vice president, said he wanted to see democracy, but added quickly:

But when will we do that? When the people here have the culture of democracy.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:53 am

Strawberry wrote:11:34am In a recent interview with ABC television, Omar Suleiman, the vice president, said he wanted to see democracy, but added quickly:

a perfect time to point out that the info on Omar Suleiman that people requested, I have now written and put in the Suleiman thread here in the Egypt section
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 am

Janey wrote:
Strawberry wrote:11:34am In a recent interview with ABC television, Omar Suleiman, the vice president, said he wanted to see democracy, but added quickly:

a perfect time to point out that the info on Omar Suleiman that people requested, I have now written and put in the Suleiman thread here in the Egypt section

ooo ooo you didnt waste anytime flower
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 am

Janey wrote:

If they keep trying to push Omar Suleiman as the new leader of Egypt what do you think the protesters will do Janey?
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:58 am

Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:

If they keep trying to push Omar Suleiman as the new leader of Egypt what do you think the protesters will do Janey?

I dont think the protesters will stand for it as his friendship and loyalty to Mubarak are too well known. What concerns me is that they might not have a choice. The new setup might be imposed up them.

If that happens, then I would wager that Suleiman would be voted out of office with alacrity once the general elections arrive
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 am

Janey wrote:
Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:

I dont think the protesters will stand for it as his friendship and loyalty to Mubarak are too well known. What concerns me is that they might not have a choice. The new setup might be imposed up them.

If that happens, then I would wager that Suleiman would be voted out of office with alacrity once the general elections arrive
Under that scenario he might declare an emergency before the elections and suspend them. At that point he would also be ready for protesters and that protest wouldn't be nearly as peaceful as this one is. Crying or Very sad
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am

The people have gone so far, is it possible that putting the VP in will really stop their protests. This man's past sounds so murky and dark. Would fear for those who protested if he is in charge.
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am

Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:
Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:

Under that scenario he might declare an emergency before the elections and suspend them. At that point he would also be ready for protesters and that protest wouldn't be nearly as peaceful as this one is. Crying or Very sad

and there you hit the nail right on the head. This is precisely why the protesters are refusing to allow the transition of power in September as they fear some concocted emergency that defers the elections.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:04 am

Janey wrote:
Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:
Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:

and there you hit the nail right on the head. This is precisely why the protesters are refusing to allow the transition of power in September as they fear some concocted emergency that defers the elections.

AJ interview with foreign minister says how can you expect me to lift the emergency laws with 17,000 prisoners set free and prisons/jails dystroyed........so same ol rhetoric
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:06 am

Ubetcha, you are quite right with your analysis of their game plan.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:06 am

Head of Security and the officer that ordered the attack on protesters sacked/charges to be filed per AJ
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:07 am

Ubetcha wrote:Head of Security and the officer that ordered the attack on protesters sacked/charges to be filed per AJ

which is interesting considering they denied any security service involvement to their last breath last week!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:08 am

It's not the people who are not ready for Democracy. It's the current regime that isn't ready.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:09 am

Janey wrote:
Ubetcha wrote:Head of Security and the officer that ordered the attack on protesters sacked/charges to be filed per AJ

which is interesting considering they denied any security service involvement to their last breath last week!
lmao right Janey their credibility is so lost
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 am

BelgianBoy wrote:It's not the people who are not ready for Democracy. It's the current regime that isn't ready.

Yep BB.
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am

Freedom Square is really building. Also hearing now of people taking to the streets again across Egypt.

So far in any event this morning the army have not intervened and have been good natured with protesters
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 am

AymanM: two of my colleagues from aljazeera arabic have gone missing in #cairo we don't know who took them
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 am

Nearly half of tweets are in arabic now.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next