Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the Muslim Brothers Want

2 posters

Go down

What the Muslim Brothers Want Empty What the Muslim Brothers Want

Post by Joe Bese Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 am

THE Egyptian people have spoken, and we have spoken emphatically. In two weeks of peaceful demonstrations we have persistently demanded liberation and democracy. It was groups of brave, sincere Egyptians who initiated this moment of historical opportunity on Jan. 25, and the Muslim Brotherhood is committed to joining the national effort toward reform and progress.

In more than eight decades of activism, the Muslim Brotherhood has consistently promoted an agenda of gradual reform. Our principles, clearly stated since the inception of the movement in 1928, affirm an unequivocal position against violence. For the past 30 years we have posed, peacefully, the greatest challenge to the ruling National Democratic Party of Hosni Mubarak, while advocating for the disenfranchised classes in resistance to an oppressive regime.

More here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/opinion/10erian.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha212
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

What the Muslim Brothers Want Empty Re: What the Muslim Brothers Want

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:52 am

I think to clearly understand who the MB are we need to look at their history pre 1928.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 am

Strawberry wrote:I think to clearly understand who the MB are we need to look at their history pre 1928.

I don't know, I bet their 1928 members are all dead.

Egypt is a very secular society, I don't think the MB will get much traction if people have a choice of secular parties to join.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down