Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The complete Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty including....

+2
Paddy
4EVAFREEisME
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The complete Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty including.... - Page 2 Empty Re: The complete Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty including....

Post by 4EVAFREEisME Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:26 pm

OK, been at this interwebby box for too long. Gonna head out and get a life.

I leave you all with my best wishes and support for the people of Egypt in their endeavours for a better, peaceful existence.

My personal thoughts are that as the Egyptian people continue to negotiate for their demands, the peace treaty will come to the fore as an immovable parameter. Concerns will need to be addressed that the demands of the people do not result in a breeding ground for those factions who wish conflict in the region.
Those factions include-in my opinion-the following;
Hamas Hezbollah and all like minded organisations.
Factions within Israel.
Factions within the US (yeah it is a stretch)
Factions within the Egypt itself that see the only way to prevent a breeding ground is to implement oppression, kidnapping, torture and murder as the only viable means to ensure the peace treaty is not compromised.
God willing, I will be back to read your contributions.

4EVAFREEisME
4EVAFREEisME

Back to top Go down

The complete Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty including.... - Page 2 Empty Re: The complete Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty including....

Post by snark Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Thank you, Free, for your very detailed and well-thought out contributions...I have learned several things tonight! I also agree that in any time of political change there are factions and bad actors who would love to take advantage and press undesirable agendas. (The far right trying to co-opt the Tea Party is arguably an example here in the US. Not that this is anywhere near as critical or complicated as the situation in Egypt, but it is, unfortunately, the way politics is played.)

I think the best hope is in the Egyptian people to continue to be active...those who would subvert the realization of true democracy will certainly be active. It will be up to the people to put up the numbers to squelch them, and to the military to truly clean up the corrupt house, and to safeguard the process of free and fair elections.

Babsi, thank you for always showing us the heart of the Egyptian people and for your very valuable insights from the center of Egypt.
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 am

4EVAFREEisME wrote:OK, been at this interwebby box for too long. Gonna head out and get a life.

I leave you all with my best wishes and support for the people of Egypt in their endeavours for a better, peaceful existence.

My personal thoughts are that as the Egyptian people continue to negotiate for their demands, the peace treaty will come to the fore as an immovable parameter. Concerns will need to be addressed that the demands of the people do not result in a breeding ground for those factions who wish conflict in the region.
Those factions include-in my opinion-the following;
Hamas Hezbollah and all like minded organisations.
Factions within Israel.
Factions within the US (yeah it is a stretch)
Factions within the Egypt itself that see the only way to prevent a breeding ground is to implement oppression, kidnapping, torture and murder as the only viable means to ensure the peace treaty is not compromised.
God willing, I will be back to read your contributions

I think you pointed out where I was coming from. Ive highlighted the major points in why Egypt was so oppressed in the first place.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Ex-minister suspected behind Alex church bombing
Snippet: "According the UK diplomatic sources quoted in the reports, the former interior minister had built up in over six years a special security system that was managed by 22 officers and that employed a number of former radical Islamists, drug dealers and some security firms to carry out acts of sabotage around the country in case the regime was under threat to collapse.

The proclamation also pointed, sourcing reports on UK intelligence services, that interior ministry officer Maj. Fathi Abdelwahid began in Dec. 11, 2011[sic] preparing Ahmed Mohamed Khaled, who had spent 11 years in Egyptian prisons, to contact an extremist group named Jundullah and coordinate with it the attack on the Alexandria church.
"Discipline the Copts"
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/02/07/136723.html

Thanks to Babsi for posting this on another forum. It would appear to re-inforce my initial opinion.

4EVAFREEisME
4EVAFREEisME

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

4EVAFREEisME wrote:I now present a list of key members of the Supreme Council for all to examine.

-Omar Suleiman, 74,

[/i]

4Eva thankyou for posting this

Is Omar Suleiman still there in Egypt on this council?
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?col=§ion=middleeast&xfile=data/middleeast/2011/February/middleeast_February648.xml

CAIRO - The Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt’s best-organised political force, said on Friday any decision on the country’s peace treaty with Israel was up to the Egyptian people and it would not impose its view on them.

“The decision on the treaty does not belong to the Brotherhood, it belongs to the entire Egyptian people,” said Essam al-Erian, a spokesman for the Islamist group, in an interview with Al Arabiya television.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum