Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant soldier on front line

4 posters

Go down

Pregnant soldier on front line Empty Pregnant soldier on front line

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:29 am

A British soldier served on the front line in Afghanistan while she was seven months' pregnant, it has been revealed.

Sources said Private Kayla Donnelly, 21, did not know she was carrying her baby while fighting in Helmand province from March to September last year.

The machine gunner from 12 Logistic Support only discovered she was pregnant with her son Josh when her contractions began while on holiday in Tenerife.

Pte Donnelly, of Penrith, Cumbria, gave birth just two weeks after leaving Afghanistan.

For more of this story visit this link:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110216/tuk-pregnant-soldier-on-front-line-6323e80.html
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Pregnant soldier on front line Empty Re: Pregnant soldier on front line

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 am

Is it really possible for a woman to be that pregnant and not know it? To me it seems absurd, but as a man, I can't be sure.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonin Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 am

In the beginning of heavy excersising, sometimes the periods stop.
A big belly like that, would have started some alarm bells to go off in my head...
I dunno : Pregnant soldier on front line 525709
Dragonin
Dragonin

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 am

Yes, female athletes often discontinue menstruation whenever the body fat percentile drops below a certain level.

That said, it is extremely hard to believe that she was so disconnected with her body's condition to not suspect either pregnancy or a tumor.

The mind can play tricks on itself and it may have been a situation of the brain blocking out internal cues about her health status.

Or she may have both conciously and subconciously together chosen to ignore her condition.

Overall, the story does not bode well for her overall health and adjustment to her reconcile her chosen career with maternity.

Guys -- in short -- it is hard to believe that she did not suspect at least at some level that she was pregnant. Most women of fertile age keep extremely careful watch on menstrual cycle out of either fear or hope of pregnancy.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum