Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls'

4 posters

Go down

Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls' Empty Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls'

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Ancient Britons were not averse to using human skulls as drinking cups, skeletal remains unearthed in southwest England suggest.

The braincases from three individuals were fashioned in such a meticulous way that their use as bowls to hold liquid seems the only reasonable explanation.

The 14,700-year-old objects were discovered in Gough's Cave, Somerset.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12478115
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls' Empty Re: Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls'

Post by Joe Bese Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Strawberry wrote:Ancient Britons were not averse to using human skulls as drinking cups, skeletal remains unearthed in southwest England suggest.

The braincases from three individuals were fashioned in such a meticulous way that their use as bowls to hold liquid seems the only reasonable explanation.

The 14,700-year-old objects were discovered in Gough's Cave, Somerset.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12478115

Well, 14,700 years ago you couldn't just run to the store for bowls. You used what nature gave you.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls' Empty Re: Ancient Britons 'drank from skulls'

Post by Janey Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:32 am

doesn't everybody drink that way? Wink I wonder why people stopped attending my coffee mornings
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:26 am

I thought it was just cause I made my coffee too strong maybe was the sculls and finger bone stirrers that did it! What a Face
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum