Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory!

4 posters

Go down

Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory! Empty Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:19 am

We are seeing very important mass demonstrations in Tahrir and Alexandria continuing the revolution and consolidating the advances from the previous week. The strikes of workers, the demands of that political prisoners be released, ALL demands continue until the transitory govt submits. I am sooooo heartened that the "chaos" continues. God bless you Egypt...

Back to top Go down

Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory! Empty Re: Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:41 am

Counter pro Mubarak demos being reported. Janey?

Back to top Go down

Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory! Empty Re: Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 am

What are the chances of transition could go wrong? being discussed... hahaha Sad

Let me tell you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 am

Al Jazeera showing, what appears to be, a hundred thousand at least in Tahrir and 10s of thousands in Alexandria. What are they demanding? Wait for the voices from the street, not what is being told to you....

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:02 am

Mexico wrote:What are the chances of transition could go wrong? being discussed... hahaha Sad

Let me tell you...

Mex. ,I believe the chances of a smooth transition are @ 70% for Egypt,they just need to get organized for the up coming elections.
Billions of $$ at stake daily in a country with growing pains (population must adjust quickly to there hard fought freedom).
I think 1-2 years before a new system takes form and is stable.

IMO Egypt is the key to future democracy and stability in the ME.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:01 am

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/news/200000-alexandrians-celebrate-day-victory

Amid a festive atmosphere, around 200,000 citizens celebrated the "Day of Victory" in front of Leader Ibrahim Mosque in Alexandria after Friday prayers a week after President Hosni Mubarak resigned.

People launched fireworks and danced to the tunes of bands that came to celebrate with them. Children wore new clothes and carried the Egyptian flag in their hands. Participants made a monument for the martyrs of Alexandria. Each of the 33 martyrs' families delivered a few words to the crowd.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Egypt Friday the 18th, Celebration of Victory! Empty Fly for Freedom

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 am

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:20 pm

So.... what's up with GLP pinning a thread about the Tahrir protesters chanting "To Jerusalem we are heading, Martyrs in the millions."...

Are they really chanting that or it's more GLP BS?

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:32 pm

lolita wrote:So.... what's up with GLP pinning a thread about the Tahrir protesters chanting "To Jerusalem we are heading, Martyrs in the millions."...

Are they really chanting that or it's more GLP BS?

GLP is an Israeli backed board. They are swarming by the droves there. Gaia is a prime example of Israeli foreign policy. They will stop at nothing to litter the web with their pro-israel propaganda.

I'm not against Israel as a nation (though that topic would be up for debate), and I have enough humanity to understand anyone who resides on this globe deserves equal treatment, no matter their creed.

GLP's board is a disgusting cesspool of rotting minds. The anti-muslim rhetoric that goes on there is enough to make anyone vomit. Trinity will quickly PIN anything pro-Israel, and will also use the word "dirty muzzie" frequently.

I'm so glad that Janey et al decided to start this forum (thanks a bunch for all your hardwork!! Smile ), as it gives us a place to debate/chat in a civil manor without the nazi-esque hatred that is rampid on GLP.

UPDATE: Just to clarify I'm not debating what the person is posting, as I cannot speak arabic, they may or may not be stating that. I just get slightly on the defensive when it comes to GLP, due to their history.

Last edited by Praetorian on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLM3CswkfQw&feature=player_embedded

عالقدس رايحين, شهداء بالملايين

well does anyone know what they are chanting?
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:09 pm

I am currently doing my research and will give an update tomorrow as it is too late now.

I doubt those are the "actual" words of the chants. Youtube has also fallen victim to a lot of disinformation propaganda lately - if this one also turn out to be another example of how disinfo is being spread, I will surely speak up and not be silent.
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum