Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon)

3 posters

Go down

UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon) Empty UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon)

Post by Janey Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:41 am

The price of fuel in the UK hit its all time high today with the average price of a litre of petrol reaching £1.29. At todays exchange rate, that puts fuel in the UK at $10.50 USD per gallon.

Is it any wonder that Brits do a lot of walking!

Americans often ask me do we have a higher average income in the UK than the US to cope with high prices. Ironically, the average family income in the UK is half of that in the US despite much higher prices (with both incomes being compared in dollar equivalent). So, in real terms, we pay 4x more for items than the average US family!

There is a reason why the UK is the 4th most expensive place to live this year!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon) Empty Re: UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon)

Post by LewNi Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 am

Wow! I knew that it was a lot more expensive but jeez. As an American I can tell you that most people over here have no idea what is like outside our borders. Even those that take a trip to the Caribbean or S. American countries only see what is laid out for them by their travel agents.
I grew up in Key West, Fl and while we have no rail there are a lot of people who do not even have cars. we rode our bikes and walked. The American culture, though, is tightly wrapped around our cars and many people feel trapped without one. I think we are severely lacking in public transit, unless you live in a big city there is rarely a train and only a small bus service.
In fact, Obama is trying to get states to build high speed rails and many Governors are saying that it will not happen.
Maybe one day we wake up and see what is actually going on.
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon) Empty Re: UK Fuel Hits All Time High Price - 1.29 per litre (10 USD per gallon)

Post by cab123 Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 am

we all hate high fuel prices, and according to Lurkers last post(11:15) on Libia it may get worse.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down