Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf !

5 posters

Go down

Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf ! Empty Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf !

Post by sea Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 am

Now i hope that people still remember the fire at the moerdijk, dordrecht, in the netherlands. A chemical fire that raged through out the night pumping some very heavy toxins in the air. The day after officials told these people not to eat vegies grown in their garden for TWO YEARS as they where infected with these toxins. Gues what .......

ma 07 feb 2011, 18:24
Cattle near Moerdijk outside again

DORDRECHT - Livestock in the area til 10 km north of Moerdijk is allowed to go outside again. The advice to keep the cattle in the barn has been withdrawn. The advice was given after the fire at Chemie-Pack in Moerdijk.

The roads and embankments around the premises of Chemie-Pack are declared clean and released. "There is no longer an uncontrollable emergency, only a contaminated industrial site remains," the city of Breda.

source: http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/8951016/__Vee_rond_Moerdijk_buiten__.html?sn=binnenland,buitenland

Last edited by sea on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
sea
sea

Back to top Go down

Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf ! Empty Re: Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf !

Post by miabelieves Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:16 am

holey moley....I was saw caught up in Egypt...I did not know this....hmmmm letting cattle graze...I will read the source you linked...
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf ! Empty Re: Area around the fire in moerdijk declared clean wtf !

Post by miabelieves Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 am

alrighty then...is there an english version... affraid
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 am

Wow, I do remember that. Can you share a little more about why they determined it to be safe?
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Sounds like what they keep telling us down here in the Gulf Coast. Go ahead, eat the seafood, it's fine!! I wouldn't eat anything that comes out of that water.
Another cover up so people will think everything's ok, when in fact, it's not!
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Info.Dot Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Good time to go vegetarian clown

Hope they are right that a lot just got burned and diluted but i'll keep waching the newspapers to see if there are birth problems in Dordrecht in say 8 months.

Info.Dot
Info.Dot

Back to top Go down

Post by sea Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 am

I shall try to find some more info but bear with me as the translation tools tends to make weird english out of it.

Indeed a good time info.dot, it's just that there is allot of farm land there too.
And mia euhm i do not think there is an english version of the moerdijk fire, exept the day that it burned.

sea
sea

Back to top Go down

Post by sea Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 am

January 26
The whole area around the fire in Moerdijk is released. This means that the full ground vegetables from the area is safe to be eaten unless they are visibly contaminated with soot or other combustion residues. The recommendation is to be sure the visibly contaminated vegetables to throw away

January 19
Vegetable of the land in the zone of 10 km and further from Moerdijk, may simply be eaten. The farm animals can go out.
It is unlikely that health effects apear to humans or animals. Evidenced by measurements of the Policy Support Team on environmental accidents (BOT mi, Beleids Ondersteunend Team milieu-incidenten).

January 13

All products that may have been in contact with soot or toxic fumes to be stopped as a precaution until 100% certain that they are safe. This applies to milk and vegetables from the area of Moerdijk.
For consumers is still the opinion of January 6: do not eat vegetables from the garden. This applies to all residents of Moerdijk and an area of tens of kilometers from Moerdijk and Gouda with potential in the sprawl areas Haaglanden and Rijnmond.

January 12
Residents from the region Moerdijk are still advised not to eat vegetables from the garden and avoid contact with soot. This is advice from the RIVM and the Policy Support Team on environmental accidents (BOT-mi), which were announced yesterday.

January 6

Residents from the region Moerdijk are still advised not to eat vegetables from the garden and avoid contact with soot.
Visible soot is also advised not to eat. That is probably limited to an area of tens of kilometers from Moerdijk and Gouda with potential in the sprawl areas Haaglanden and Rijnmond.
So says the Medical Assistance Organization in the Region (GHOR). Due to the large fire in Chemie pack potentially hazardous substances may have descended on the fruit. All house doctors has also been informed of developments by GHOR.

Source:http://www.voedingscentrum.nl/nl/voedingscentrum/nieuws/brand-moerdijk2.aspx
Aye no english, sorry

Here is some1 that also thinks the fire was not so toxic as some other think.
Simon Rozendaal : Rozendaal studied organic chemistry at the TU Delft and is a science writer since 1975.

The concentrations of the chemicals that are released in the fire, according to all toxicologists who spoke on the radio, even according to the first report by the RIVM, where really low. And take it from me, RIVM and the toxicologists are standing upfront to make their work importend. If they say it's not bad, then it is not bad.

source: http://www.elsevier.nl/web/Opinie/Simon-Rozendaal/286299/Kom-op-Opstelten-Moerdijk-was-geen-ramp.htm

When i went to chemistry school i was learned that i could not judge my own work, rivm and these toxicologists make their work importend and that is wrong. If i do some work and then asked if it is good then YES ofcourse i did a good job lol. So the above stinks if you ask me.

I'm gona look for some article about the two year warning now.
sea
sea

Back to top Go down

Post by sea Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 am

I'm starting to believe the peeps that complain about disapearing articles, i can't find that freaken article and yet i got a clear picture in my head that i posted it on glp at the time the fire was burning.

Alright some other things that might hint about hidden dangers concerning the fire.
ROTTERDAM - In the Mariapolder nearby Moerdijk on the day of the fire at Chemie-Pack was much more lead measured than permitted in the soot descended. A day later, much less lead was found in the grass. It is probably a single peak, said a spokesman for the National Institute for Health and Environment (RIVM).

I think it rained and that diluted the lead and made it go into the ground.

Dioxin
In the soot particles that were found in an area of 10 km of the fire, dioxin was found. According to Mayor Arno Brok Dordrecht such levels are not uncommon during the winter season.

This made me think oke that can be true as i do not know much about that but a few lines further in the article states something else : In the Hoeksche Waard they found dioxin levels higher than normal in a grass sample for cattle. "We do not know exactly what that means''said Brok

So first it is not uncommon and then they don't know exactly what it means It means things are worse, if you ask me, but money must be made.

Source: http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/3502/Brand-bij-Chemie-Pack-Moerdijk/article/detail/562670/2011/01/12/Dioxine-in-roetdeeltjes-rond-Chemie-Pack.dhtml
Again no english.
sea
sea

Back to top Go down

Post by ui Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 am

test

ui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down