Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight

5 posters

Go down

Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight Empty Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight

Post by Earth Cries Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 am

Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight

Military chiefs in America say a new, unmanned stealth bomber has carried out its first test flight.

The X-47B jet is being designed by weapons manufacturer Northrop Grumman for the US Navy.

It was in the air for 29 minutes during its maiden flight and reached an altitude of 5,000 feet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12381538
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight Empty Re: Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight

Post by pilot72 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

The technology that is coming out is simply amazing. I think we are seeing a huge push towards unmanned everything in the skies. Just think, the next skilled pilot could be the kid that is best on an Xbox or Playstation!
pilot72
pilot72

Back to top Go down

Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight Empty Re: Robot X-47B stealth bomber test flight

Post by northerntomcat Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 pm

I wonder if the Global Hawks can download strike packages en route to these bad boys. You could theoretically launch an entire attack from the comfort of the pentagon.
northerntomcat
northerntomcat

Back to top Go down

Post by flyerbob Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 am

Robot X-47B Stealth Bomber Test Flight !!!
WATCH VIDEO

flyerbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 am

Tomcat, some of the UAVs can indeed be given complex strike packages in flight.

Hey, never mind the Pentagon, have you seen the new British UAV. The Watchkeeper, it is very impressive and enters service this month.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am

The one problem with UCAVs that I can see is that they could in theory be hacked. Now I know the security systems will be state of the art, but people have demonstrated before that that doesn't necessarily mean 100% security.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down