Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold

Go down

Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold Empty Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:52 am

And here we go..

From our friends over at ZH (Zerohedge):

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/here-comes-executive-order-6102-qe-generation-dutch-central-bank-orders-pension-fund-sell-it

This is VERY significant folks. Those who simply think they can hedge against inflation by owning Gold/Silver have to be weary of Big Sis. You were warned when the DHS comes knocking on your door, with papers stating you acquired physical.

Back to top Go down

Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold Empty Re: Dutch Central Bank Orders Pension Fund To Sell Its Gold

Post by DoomFinch Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Praetorian wrote:And here we go..

From our friends over at ZH (Zerohedge):

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/here-comes-executive-order-6102-qe-generation-dutch-central-bank-orders-pension-fund-sell-it

This is VERY significant folks. Those who simply think they can hedge against inflation by owning Gold/Silver have to be weary of Big Sis. You were warned when the DHS comes knocking on your door, with papers stating you acquired physical.

Well...in the States a lot of the same people who own gold also own lead. I suspect that tiny retail investors would be low on the priority list for that reason (and more), and it's such a relatively small market compared to just about anything else Americans invest in. I have a feeling pension funds and 401Ks would be absorbed first, though I would worry about gold storage vaults at some point...it would not surprise me at all if a PM confiscation happened on that level.

I DO think that safe deposit boxes may be a nice juicy target for them...probably a bad place to store physical PMs. But I doubt that TPTB would have either the manpower or funds to dig up coffee cans and tupperware containers in people's backyards by the time the financial situation became dire enough to be moved to do so.
DoomFinch
DoomFinch

Back to top Go down