Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire!

5 posters

Go down

Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire! Empty Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire!

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:50 am

Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tunisia and Yemen, a dozen countries in all, seem to have their hands full with 1,000's of protesters demanding change. While we all know about the domino effect, but the Middle East looks more like a popcorn effect these days.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/418/148/Protesters_in_a_dozen_countries_from_Algeria_to_Yemen_the_Middle_East_battle_government.html

Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire! Empty Re: Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire!

Post by Joe Bese Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tunisia and Yemen, a dozen countries in all, seem to have their hands full with 1,000's of protesters demanding change. While we all know about the domino effect, but the Middle East looks more like a popcorn effect these days.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/418/148/Protesters_in_a_dozen_countries_from_Algeria_to_Yemen_the_Middle_East_battle_government.html

This story makes it sound better organized than any of us suggested last week.

A Tunisian-Egyptian Link That Shook Arab History

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/14/world/middleeast/14egypt-tunisia-protests.html?hp

Sounds like a very well organized conspiracy to overthrow a bunch of governments.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire! Empty Re: Protests are spreading across the Arab world like a wild fire!

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Hmm. If it is well organised in that way then I know who will get blamed. I personally reserve judgement on that, but I'm sure many wont..

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm really not sure if this is organized or spontaneous. Part of me thinks that it is part of the never ending chess game. (French Revolution style) But part of me hopes it is a reflection of the psyche of the masses (American Revolution style). Only history will tell.

Oops! I forgot, history is written by the winners.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 pm

It could also be a mixture of the two (i.e outside elements helping magnify the "reflection of the psyche of the masses").

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:It could also be a mixture of the two (i.e outside elements helping magnify the "reflection of the psyche of the masses").

Good point!
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Joe Bese wrote:
Alaskan Girl wrote:Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tunisia and Yemen, a dozen countries in all, seem to have their hands full with 1,000's of protesters demanding change. While we all know about the domino effect, but the Middle East looks more like a popcorn effect these days.

This story makes it sound better organized than any of us suggested last week.

A Tunisian-Egyptian Link That Shook Arab History

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/14/world/middleeast/14egypt-tunisia-protests.html?hp

Sounds like a very well organized conspiracy to overthrow a bunch of governments.

That's a great article Joe. TY!
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 am

Arab stock markets fall on news of mounting unrest in #Yemen, #Bahrain, #Libya, #Algeria. #Egypt's market closed til further notice
Ben Wedemann

just now
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum