Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security

4 posters

Go down

Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security Empty Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security

Post by Anonymous Coward Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:39 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/8306970/Einstein-was-right-honey-bee-collapse-threatens-global-food-security.html

---snip---

The agri-business lender Rabobank said the numbers of US bee colonies failing to survive each winter has risen to 30pc to 35pc from an historical norm of 10pc. The rate is 20pc or higher in much of Europe, and the same pattern is emerging in Latin America and Asia.

Anonymous Coward

Back to top Go down

Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security Empty Re: Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security

Post by Jenna Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:49 pm

This so hurts my heart and grieves me.

But.........

those that would destroy the earth are in for a very punishing time ahead for them....not just here in the physical world but in the life hereafter.

We are literally swimming in a sea of frequency/signal. It is no wonder the simplest and smallest cannot survive........and neither will we in the end.

As goes the honey bee.........so goes the humans in a matter of time.

Jenna

Back to top Go down

Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security Empty Re: Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security

Post by sea Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 am

There have been many theories about the cause of CCD, but the researchers who are leading the effort to find out why are now focused on these factors:

* increased losses due to the invasive varroa mite (a pest of honeybees);
* new or emerging diseases such as Israeli Acute Paralysis virus and the gut parasite Nosema;
* pesticide poisoning through exposure to pesticides applied to crops or for in-hive insect or mite control;
* bee management stress;
* foraging habitat modification
* inadequate forage/poor nutrition and
* potential immune-suppressing stress on bees caused by one or a combination of factors identified above.

Additional factors may include poor nutrition, drought, and migratory stress brought about by the increased need to move bee colonies long distances to provide pollination services.

My money is on the pesticide chemicals as it lowers their resistance to pathogens.

http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/20100323/nf_Colony-collapse-disorder-Scientists-blame-pesticides-for-honeybee-decline
sea
sea

Back to top Go down

Einstein Was Right: Honeybee Collapse Threatens Global Food Security Empty CCD above the 55th parallel

Post by just me Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 am

I have heard unconfirmed rumors that bees above lattitude 55 are not experiencing any die off what so ever. I don't know if this is true. If it is, could it be linked to lack of franken foods grown (pesticides considered) at these latitudes or perhaps other environmental factors. Has anyone else heard of this?

just me

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:18 pm

just me wrote:I have heard unconfirmed rumors that bees above lattitude 55 are not experiencing any die off what so ever. I don't know if this is true. If it is, could it be linked to lack of franken foods grown (pesticides considered) at these latitudes or perhaps other environmental factors. Has anyone else heard of this?

just me - have you heard any more on this?
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down