Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spread the word please

4 posters

Go down

spread the word please Empty spread the word please

Post by Janey Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:06 am

Hey All,

Please do whatever you can go pass on the word that we are now up and running here to everyone you know from GLP. I am hoping to be up and running with live news in the hour once we have sorted out all the admin here

thank you!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

spread the word please Empty Re: spread the word please

Post by ICU Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:15 am

You must be careful posting this site on GLP if you don't want to be banned.
ICU
ICU

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:32 am

absolutely true. It is also important for people at GLP to realise we are not in any form of competition, this is a totally different type of site
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Droid Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:05 am

Janey wrote:absolutely true. It is also important for people at GLP to realise we are not in any form of competition, this is a totally different type of site

Generally forums frown upon users posting links to other forums. They view it as advertising on their site. I have to admit I understand that completely. I would definitely not make posts on GLP inviting their users to come here. That is just going to create hostility and be a problem.
Droid
Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 am

Droid wrote:
Janey wrote:absolutely true. It is also important for people at GLP to realise we are not in any form of competition, this is a totally different type of site

Generally forums frown upon users posting links to other forums. They view it as advertising on their site. I have to admit I understand that completely. I would definitely not make posts on GLP inviting their users to come here. That is just going to create hostility and be a problem.

Yea to be fair to TrInItY, he has a massive member list that he must have worked very hard to get and good job he did too and I can understand them not wanting links to other forums and we never planed it to be against GLP (and its not) but it seems people love to make out it is! We just a small little site trying to post the news as best we can.
LLL
LLL
Admin

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Droid Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 am

LLL wrote:
Droid wrote:

Yea to be fair to TrInItY, he has a massive member list that he must have worked very hard to get and good job he did too and I can understand them not wanting links to other forums and we never planed it to be against GLP (and its not) but it seems people love to make out it is! We just a small little site trying to post the news as best we can.

No need to be defensive. I have been onboard with Janey all along. It is simply bad etiquette to advertise on another forum. If someone did post links to this forum on other forums, I would expect a negative response. I don't think people "love to make it out" that it's advertising, I just think it IS advertising. The issue of whether or not this forum is direct competition to GLP or not should be addressed, and honestly, breaking news/current events are a big part of what GLP does. IMO this IS competition. Advertising there is the same as going to Burger King and telling people coming in to give McDonald's a try.

It's insanity!

Having said that, I will be here, and not there. I will shill for littlesocknews all I can in acceptable places like Twitter, but not on other forums where news is discussed.

Don't hate me bro! I'm just trying to give my 2 cents.

cheers
Droid
Droid

Back to top Go down

Post by LLL Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 am

Droid wrote:
LLL wrote:
Droid wrote:

No need to be defensive. I have been onboard with Janey all along. It is simply bad etiquette to advertise on another forum. If someone did post links to this forum on other forums, I would expect a negative response. I don't think people "love to make it out" that it's advertising, I just think it IS advertising. The issue of whether or not this forum is direct competition to GLP or not should be addressed, and honestly, breaking news/current events are a big part of what GLP does. IMO this IS competition. Advertising there is the same as going to Burger King and telling people coming in to give McDonald's a try.

It's insanity!

Having said that, I will be here, and not there. I will shill for littlesocknews all I can in acceptable places like Twitter, but not on other forums where news is discussed.

Don't hate me bro! I'm just trying to give my 2 cents.

cheers

No I was not directing that at you in anyway, I was agreeing with you about post links on other forums. I was just saying genuinely that a lot people want to make it out like we going against GLP which is far from the truth.

peace bro!
LLL
LLL
Admin

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 am

I can say categorically that I am not interested in any of us posting on GLP. I respect what they do and my own integrity also.

I genuinely dont see us as any sort of competition. We are a news site, so by the same token CNN would be competition to them Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down