Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief

4 posters

Go down

Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief  Empty Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 am

TEHRAN, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Chief of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said Wednesday that IRGC will unveil a project soon to "surprise the world," the force's website Sepahnews reported.

In the near future, the miracle-like project will be unveiled and inaugurated which will surprise the world,Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, the chief commander of IRGC was quoted as saying.

Jafari made the remarks at a celebration held by IRGC here to mark the victory of Islamic revolution 32 years ago.

He said IRGC has made considerable progress in scientific researches as well as military and defense projects, but he did not elaborate on the nature of the project to be unveiled.

"The projects which are currently underway in the country will surprise the world if they are concluded," he was quoted as saying.

IRGC, a branch of Iran's military founded after the Iranian revolution in 1979 to safeguard the Islamic revolution, has conducted several economic, military and scientific projects in the recent years.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-02/16/c_13735230.htm

Shocked
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief  Empty Re: Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 am

Related:

Iran says it gains access to nuclear fusion technology: atomic organization

TEHRAN, Feb. 10 (Xinhua) -- Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) announced Thursday the Islamic Republic has manufactured a machine to produce nuclear fusion laser.

In an announcement posted on its website, AEOI said that researchers have conducted researches in nuclear fusion using inertial electrostatic confinement method, said the announcement.

Full story
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-02/10/c_13726488.htm

Special Report: Iran Nuclear Crisis
http://english.news.cn/special/iran/
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief  Empty Re: Iran to unveil project soon to "surprise world": IRGC chief

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 am

I guess what they are trying to say is:

TEHRAN (ISNA)-Iran built nuclear fusion device joining 5 countries holding the technology.

The US, Japan, South Korea, Australia and France have got access to the know-how.

The locally-built IR-IECF device has wide uses including scientific purposes. This is the only device which can carry out nuclear fusion in radiation-free way.

It is also used to sterilize medical equipment, foodstuffs as well as identification and annihilation of chemical wastes not possible through other methods.

Iran also built laser fusion system of ND: Glass with 100 joule output.
http://www.isna.ir/ISNA/NewsView.aspx?ID=News-1713304&Lang=E
-------------

If true, that would kind of place them above Isreal

Last edited by Lurker on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am

from August 2010:

Iran says it has set a 2020 target date to build its first experimental nuclear fusion reactor, a feat that has yet to be achieved by any nation.

Iran said in July that its nuclear agency began research on the experimental reactor.

Nuclear fusion, the process powering the sun and stars, has so far only been mastered as a weapon, producing the thermonuclear explosions of hydrogen bombs. It has never been harnessed for power generation.

Asghar Sediqzadeh, the head of the new fusion research center, is quoted by the semi-official ISNA news agency as saying the center will hire 100 experts to join the national project.

Tehran is not known to have carried out anything but basic fusion research.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Iran-Nuclear/2010/08/30/id/368749
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by miamikat Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 pm

lol if they have an operational stable reactor by 2020 props to them... but japan, north america and Europe are not even close to having a stable reactor the earliest is germany by 2015.... and i havent heard news on the project in about 1.5 years..besides it being constructed right now and wont run unitl 2015.

miamikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 am

I think Iran really would surprise the world if they did anything of the sort.

My first thought was a project they were working on years ago, finding a way to use djinn for military purposes. If they succeed at that, I think the world would be even more surprised.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:38 am

Joe Bese wrote:I think Iran really would surprise the world if they did anything of the sort.

My first thought was a project they were working on years ago, finding a way to use djinn for military purposes. If they succeed at that, I think the world would be even more surprised.

OMG Joe SERIOUSLY?

Have you got a link

The Iranians have said it is 'a miracle'.

Im interested in what you have said about the djinn because I've come across 'Persian djinn' before.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 am

Strawberry wrote:
Joe Bese wrote:I think Iran really would surprise the world if they did anything of the sort.

OMG Joe SERIOUSLY?

Have you got a link

Im interested in what you have said about the djinn because I've come across 'Persian djinn' before.

I'll see if I can find it again, it was some time ago. It seemed laughable, partly because they seemed so serious about it.

My memory may be failing, it may have been Pakistan, not Iran.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 am

Joe Bese wrote:
Strawberry wrote:

OMG Joe SERIOUSLY?

Have you got a link

I'll see if I can find it again, it was some time ago. It seemed laughable, partly because they seemed so serious about it.

My memory may be failing, it may have been Pakistan, not Iran.

The Iranians take their djinn very seriously but not to worry if you cant. flower
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Reminds me of the Nazis and their Vril energy research.

Probably something to it, but nothing we can make empirical sense out of.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down