Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material!

+5
goodmockingbird
Mother Mary
LewNi
LLL
miabelieves
9 posters

Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material!

Post by just me Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Just ran accross an interesting article about yet another restriction in the free flow of information and thought I would share.
scratch

just me

Back to top Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty What did I do wrong?

Post by just me Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:33 pm

I left a link to the article, but it did not show up in my post; so I'll try again.
If it still does not show here, am I free to say where I found it?

just me

Back to top Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty Re: DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material!

Post by miabelieves Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:35 pm

just copy and paste the link....ummmm I don't know if you are free to...that would be a LLL question...or PM me and I will link it.
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty Thanks Mia

Post by just me Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 pm

I don't seem to be able to PM you either. Maybe it's because I'm a guest. But something really wierd just happened. I clicked on the username box and Trinity was there right under "just me". pale I have never used that handle. I'm going to work now. Will check on this later.

But I really think this linking news is important to forums like this.

just me

Back to top Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty Re: DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material!

Post by LLL Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 pm

just me wrote:I don't seem to be able to PM you either. Maybe it's because I'm a guest. But something really wierd just happened. I clicked on the username box and Trinity was there right under "just me". pale I have never used that handle. I'm going to work now. Will check on this later.

But I really think this linking news is important to forums like this.

Yea sorry just seen this, you have to be a member to link.
LLL
LLL
Admin

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:49 pm

maybe it's because you are a guest....the whole TRINITY thing...made me lol....I don't think he is stalking you Very Happy
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:59 pm

I actually stumbled on just such a seized website the other day. It was from a previously used live feed link that I was adding to my list. I opened it and the heading said "This page seized by ICE- Homeland Security Investigations", Talk about freaking me out. So I checked it later and it had all the fancy badges and saying that the site was illegal airing footage and the like. I am pretty sure it was due to the whole super bowl thing.
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm

LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:11 pm

LewNi wrote:Got it! http://atdhe.net/

That's kind of scary looking. Lots of badges.
Mother Mary
Mother Mary

http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Mother Mary wrote:
LewNi wrote:Got it! http://atdhe.net/

That's kind of scary looking. Lots of badges.

Some notice about illegal reproduction of copyrighted materials

confused

Whatever place that is or was, it's probably getting ten times as many clicks as it ever did before, because we are all curious.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty Actually, that is not the article I found.

Post by just me Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Since I can't post, am I able to say where I got the article? The article I found had, in my opinion, a little more creedence.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to join anything until I have my computer under control. I have a lot of spyware and don't want to do any damage.

just me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm

just me wrote:Since I can't post, am I able to say where I got the article? The article I found had, in my opinion, a little more creedence.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to join anything until I have my computer under control. I have a lot of spyware and don't want to do any damage.

Sure you can say where you found the article. Hope you can get your computer under control soon!
Mother Mary
Mother Mary

http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm

just me wrote:... I have a lot of spyware and don't want to do any damage.

Have you tried malwarebytes? There is a free download available, and I have found it beneficial.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 pm

LewNi wrote:I actually stumbled on just such a seized website the other day. It was from a previously used live feed link that I was adding to my list. I opened it and the heading said "This page seized by ICE- Homeland Security Investigations", Talk about freaking me out. So I checked it later and it had all the fancy badges and saying that the site was illegal airing footage and the like. I am pretty sure it was due to the whole super bowl thing.

And now your on THE LIST BWAWAWAWAWA

Beast

Back to top Go down

DHS seizing websites for linking to copyrighted material! Empty Activist Post

Post by just me Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:31 pm

I found the article on the front page of Activist Post dot com. Apparently, even sites as big as Drudge are having problems for linking. It's worth a look.

just me

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:53 pm

just me wrote:I found the article on the front page of Activist Post dot com. Apparently, even sites as big as Drudge are having problems for linking. It's worth a look.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/02/dhs-seizes-websites-for-merely-linking.html#more study
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Boy Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:05 am

goodmockingbird wrote:

Have you tried malwarebytes? There is a free download available, and I have found it beneficial.

SpyBot is free and good, too... These should clean you up in no time... Well, allow for scanning...
Tom Boy
Tom Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:10 am

Tom Boy wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:

SpyBot is free and good, too... These should clean you up in no time... Well, allow for scanning...

100% agree ,Spy bot has never let me down. update and run it often,be sure to imunize. any ? just ask.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:20 am

Thanks guys, I'll give both spy bot and malware bites a look. I do have them quarantined and things seem to be working fine, they gotta go, ya know?
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum