Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North And South Korea Hold Talks

5 posters

Go down

North And South Korea Hold Talks Empty Re: North And South Korea Hold Talks

Post by Godzilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:59 am

Morning Janey,
I read a flash stating that talks have "collapsed" is there any truth to this and if so what are the potential implications?

Godzilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:58 am

Godzilla wrote:Morning Janey,
I read a flash stating that talks have "collapsed" is there any truth to this and if so what are the potential implications?

I'm curious too, a quick note on NPR this morning said the North Korean delegation walked out. Sounds like their usual negotiating tactics.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 am

Joe Bese wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Morning Janey,

I'm curious too, a quick note on NPR this morning said the North Korean delegation walked out. Sounds like their usual negotiating tactics.

South has to get tough on them otherwise there won't be any stopping the North rom lord knows what else they may do
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 am

Here's a little more detail, very little:

North Korea walks out of talks. Is it setting the stage for more nuclear tests?

Seoul, South Korea
South and North Korea’s first attempt at a breakthrough in reconciliation in more than four months resulted instead Wednesday in a breakdown in talks, casting serious doubts about attempts at reviving talks on North Korea's burgeoning nuclear program.

The chief South Korean negotiator said the three-member North Korean team got up abruptly and walked out of the room without shaking hands and without comment. The meeting in the "truce village" of Panmunjom was meant to prepare for talks ahead of negotiations between defense ministers.

“Their attitude changed this afternoon,” said Colonel Moon Sang-kyun after returning to Seoul with the two other members of the South Korean team. “They changed their minds.”

more here:
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2011/0209/North-Korea-walks-out-of-talks.-Is-it-setting-the-stage-for-more-nuclear-tests
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 am

Joe Bese wrote:Here's a little more detail, very little:

Seoul, South Korea
South and North Korea’s first attempt at a breakthrough in reconciliation in more than four months resulted instead Wednesday in a breakdown in talks, casting serious doubts about attempts at reviving talks on North Korea's burgeoning nuclear program.

The chief South Korean negotiator said the three-member North Korean team got up abruptly and walked out of the room without shaking hands and without comment. The meeting in the "truce village" of Panmunjom was meant to prepare for talks ahead of negotiations between defense ministers.

“Their attitude changed this afternoon,” said Colonel Moon Sang-kyun after returning to Seoul with the two other members of the South Korean team. “They changed their minds.”

more here:
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2011/0209/North-Korea-walks-out-of-talks.-Is-it-setting-the-stage-for-more-nuclear-tests

Best case scenario they fire off a few missiles into the surronding sea areas, worse case they test a nuke underground
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:54 am

Godzilla85 wrote:

Seoul, South Korea

more here:

Best case scenario they fire off a few missiles into the surronding sea areas, worse case they test a nuke underground

I agree, though a better case would be to make some outlandish statements and then come back to the table.

Every time they test a nuke they improve the design. I don't think I can laugh at their duds anymore.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Joe Bese wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:

Seoul, South Korea

more here:

I agree, though a better case would be to make some outlandish statements and then come back to the table.

Every time they test a nuke they improve the design. I don't think I can laugh at their duds anymore.
even their worsed design one in a populated area would kill alot of people, I always feel that military action is a last resort, having said that...there are some regimes were that rule can't be applied, this may be one of those regimes where we need to use the stick instead of the carrot first.
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Yay Zilla!! bounce
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 pm

What I heard earlier this was a meeting to have a meeting with more senior officials......geesh reminds me of an ex employer......meetings to have meetings. However with the security issues I can understand that I guess
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down