Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis'

2 posters

Go down

Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis' Empty Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis'

Post by Kennedy Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22 am

Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis'

Asia must prepare for millions of people to flee their homes to safer havens within countries and across borders as weather patterns become more extreme, the Asian Development Bank warns.

A draft of an ADB report obtained by AFP over the weekend and confirmed by bank officials cautioned that failure to make preparations now for vast movements of people could lead to "humanitarian crises" in the coming decades.

Governments are currently focused on mitigating climate change blamed for the weather changes, but the report said they should start laying down policies and mechanisms to deal with the projected population shifts.

"What is clear is that Asia and the Pacific will be amongst the global regions most affected by the impacts of climate change," said the report entitled "Climate Change and Migration in Asia and the Pacific".

"Such impacts include significant temperature increases, changing rainfall patterns, greater monsoon variability, sea-level rise, floods and more intense tropical cyclones," it said.

Continued ...
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-02-asia-climate-induced-migration-crisis.html
Kennedy
Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis' Empty Re: Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis'

Post by Exogenisis Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:32 am

This sort of News is Why I started a Prep/BoB thread By the watercooler
Exogenisis
Exogenisis

Back to top Go down

Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis' Empty Re: Asia faces climate-induced migration 'crisis'

Post by Kennedy Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 am

With so many humanitarian crisis currently around the world, it makes one wonder about the resources needed, how to get them and the impact on society. What is sad is that it seems that in the poorer area's.... they may not know what to do or how to prep when disasters like these strike:(

Lol .. let me grab my tin foil hat and head over there:)
Kennedy
Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Exogenisis Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Kennedy wrote:With so many humanitarian crisis currently around the world, it makes one wonder about the resources needed, how to get them and the impact on society. What is sad is that it seems that in the poorer area's.... they may not know what to do or how to prep when disasters like these strike:(

Lol .. let me grab my tin foil hat and head over there:)

Agreed, It is the Poorest sectors that suffer the worst, But they have the strength of Heart to Rebuild with less than they had Before.

A lot of Prepping is Mental rather than Material..

I didn't mean to Derail your Thread
Exogenisis
Exogenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down