Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns

3 posters

Go down

Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns Empty Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns

Post by Strawberry Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:39 am

Analysis of work computer turns up new leads as investigation focuses on father's behaviour before he disappeared

The father of the missing Swiss twins trawled the internet for information on firearms, poisons and suicide days before he apparently killed himself in Italy, according to police.

An international search for the six-year-olds, Alessia and Livia, has been under way since 30 January, when their Swiss mother reported them missing. And in an ominous sign, Italian authorities now say the father took the girls to Corsica but left the French island alone.

Police spokesman Jean-Christophe Sauterel told reporters that analysis of the father's work computer had turned up the new leads and the investigation was now focusing on his behaviour before he disappeared.

"Before leaving Switzerland he researched sites on the internet for information on firearms and various methods of suicide, different poisoning techniques and ferry timetables," Sauterel said. "Investigations continue in Switzerland and in Italy but are now revolving around Corsica."

Matthias Kaspar Schepp, 43, was found dead on 3 February in the Italian city of Cerignola. Police believe he threw himself under a train. His Audi A6 was found parked near the station, with no child car seats or children's clothing inside.

Schepp picked up his daughters at about 1pm on January 30, but did not return them to their mother, Irina Lucidi, that night, or take them to school the next morning, as planned. The parents, who were separated, lived in St Sulpice, an affluent lakefront community in Lausanne

Further reading: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/11/missing-swiss-twins-father-researched-guns
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns Empty Re: Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:41 am

I do hope those children are found safe!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns Empty Re: Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns

Post by Exogenisis Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:47 am

I pray those girls are found Safe and Sound

Offtopic Though

It makes me More Paranoid with where I search across the Internet, If My laptop was Searched (For whatever Reason) I would "Disappear" into A Gitmo type Place....
Exogenisis
Exogenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes this is just so sad and there doesnt look like there is much hope on this since the Mother got the suicide note from him saying that he had killed the girls Sad
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Swiss Police Say Missing Twins' Father Researched Guns Empty UPDATE

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Swiss, French and Italian police are working together in the search for Alessia and Livia Shepp, six-year-old twins who disappeared almost two weeks ago.

In a letter to their mother, the twins' father claimed he killed the girls before committing suicide, but police say they will continue to search for the girls until there is certainty about their fate.

Al Jazeera's Christina Marker reports.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2011/02/201121219946512982.html

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down