Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb

+35
automatica
Info.Dot
Paddy
Jeremiah
goodmockingbird
Joe Bese
cbfunk
huntermj
Babsi
fingulas
LewNi
Tangy
AwakeAndAware
Claudia
Sabine
Newsbie
Aetius Romulous
Limpan
FoolOnTheHill
Muhajiir
Lurker
Earth Cries
MissHidalgo
sea
Logical Paradox
Ubetcha
snark
Mother Mary
Canuck36
butterfly girl
cab123
miabelieves
Luna
LLL
Janey
39 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb - Page 2 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb

Post by Canuck36 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:33 am

Janey wrote:that is exactly it, they are there until a decision is made on how to proceed. that was the latest info as of late last night my time. I will check again today
Thanks. FYI, people keep posting topics asking where you're at at GLP but mods delete them right away Sad
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb - Page 2 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Monday 07 Feb

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 am

Canuck36 wrote:
Janey wrote:that is exactly it, they are there until a decision is made on how to proceed. that was the latest info as of late last night my time. I will check again today
Thanks. FYI, people keep posting topics asking where you're at at GLP but mods delete them right away Sad

UGH! Why?!?! That is just juvenile. Seriously juvenile.
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:38 am

Does anyone know who the 2nd symbolic funeral is for?

(Sorry I'm nipping in and out here but I'm trying to arrange flights for us to be back in England when my daughter gets home from her year in India - she's working as avolunteer in a blind school and not on a long holiday!).
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 am

Luna wrote:Does anyone know who the 2nd symbolic funeral is for?

(Sorry I'm nipping in and out here but I'm trying to arrange flights for us to be back in England when my daughter gets home from her year in India - she's working as avolunteer in a blind school and not on a long holiday!).

I think it is for a journalist, Luna- but others on this thread may know different...I just got up a few minutes ago Smile
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 am

Any word on other protests in other countries
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Logical Paradox Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:46 am

Morning everyone!

Canuck36 wrote:

I can confirm that... I would suggest when you see a thread to PM the poster and let them know...assuming you can PM them that is. farao
Logical Paradox
Logical Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:48 am

Militants attack police base in Egypt's Rafah

--------------------------------------------------------

Four rocket-propelled grenades were fired at a barracks belonging to Egyptian state security forces in the town of Rafah in the Sinai Peninsula on Monday, wounding one officer, security sources said.

The attack by unknown assailants also damaged the building.

http://ht.ly/1bdprp
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by sea Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:50 am

Logical Paradox wrote:Morning everyone!

Canuck36 wrote:

I can confirm that... I would suggest when you see a thread to PM the poster and let them know...assuming you can PM them that is. farao

Gosh one would almost think that they are scared to lose allot of subscribers hehehehe the stunt of trinity has backfired lol!
sea
sea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:54 am

sea wrote:
Logical Paradox wrote:Morning everyone!

Canuck36 wrote:

Gosh one would almost think that they are scared to lose allot of subscribers hehehehe the stunt of trinity has backfired lol!

Someone posted Mr. Postman no longer a mod. That is a shame as he seemed like one of the better and more moderate mods Rolling Eyes
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 am

yes the funeral is for a journalist

protests right now in Yemen and even some minor clashes in Syria starting to be reported
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHidalgo Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 am

yep this morning before i got the ban at GLP ,M Postman started a thread and the shield next his name was gone ....
MissHidalgo
MissHidalgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 am

I know there were calls for protests in Syria over the weekend but I didn't think many people showed up.
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 am

This is such a tinderbox. What do the numbers of protesters look like right now? I don't have AJE on at the moment
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:00 am

MissHidalgo wrote:yep this morning before i got the ban at GLP ,M Postman started a thread and the shield next his name was gone ....

You got banned?! For what??? I don't even know if I'm banned or not because I haven't tried to post anything, but after all of my posts on the FB page about Janey's new site I very well may be.
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHidalgo Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:02 am

For posting the link of this site I think .... even the unbandocument on GLP won't work for me lol
MissHidalgo
MissHidalgo

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 am

MissHidalgo wrote:For posting the link of this site I think .... even the unbandocument on GLP won't work for me lol

Well then I'm sure I'm banned too!!
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Logical Paradox Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 am

Ubetcha wrote:

Haha no doubt. To tell you the truth Janey, I don't think any of them realized how popular you would become. Old egos and new popularity don't mix well. pirat

"The army soldier on the ground stated that he has orders to confiscate any supplies going into Tahrir." #Egypt #Jan25
Logical Paradox
Logical Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:16 am

snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 am

justimage‎; Journalists now have to register with #Egypt's Ministry of Information if they wish to enter Tahrir -> not good
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 am

just checked with this on MSN with a guy on the ground.

You are right, the army is confiscating all supplies and even removing the portable toilets. The latest ploy seems to be to starve them out. If they leave to get food, they are not allowed back into the square
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 am

Good morning, everyone! Hope you all rested well.

Here's a new tweet:
Heavy army, police presence outside Israeli embassy. Flag removed. #Egypt #Jan25 #Tahrir
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 am

Janey wrote:just checked with this on MSN with a guy on the ground.

You are right, the army is confiscating all supplies and even removing the portable toilets. The latest ploy seems to be to starve them out. If they leave to get food, they are not allowed back into the square
It seems like his ploy to simply wait out the protests will work. A few days ago I would have said that was impossible.
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:21 am

More good pics of the protests including another I'd not seen of Christian and Muslim solidarity and one of the peeps lying in the tanks tracks!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12376970
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:22 am

RT @bencnn: Crowd banging on closed doors of bank in Agouza. Not yet back to normal. #Egypt #Tahrir #Jan25
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:24 am

RT @Indoncensorship: reports that Index free expression award winner Kareem Amir has been picked up by authorities in #egypt
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next