Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi

2 posters

Go down

Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi Empty Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi

Post by LewNi Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:28 am

Egyptian revolution is not over. An Egyptian police officer today had an argument with a poor driver (microbus owner), the policemen simply shot the driver dead in the street in Maadi, Cairo at noon today. Video of policeman's car after people set it on fire. Egyptians will never be silent again & will never let Police brutality to continue. The dignity revolution started because of Police torture & humiliation.

LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi Empty Re: Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi Lew and all

I got a PM from Babsi earlier to say she was away from home and visiting friends in NE Egypt. She wanted to let us know so no one worries about her.

All is well where she is but she said there had been the trouble back at home which is what your news report is saying. Her friends back at home said there was trouble in her district. This is what she said: -

"I arrived and things are ok here. Just heard from friends there are unrests in my district, lmao. So actually I escaped some BS. It's still a ways away from my house. Apparently a police man got into an argument with a microbus driver. I hate those microbus drivers, they're like criminals and very low class. However, I guess the police shot him, which he shouldn't have done and then they burnt the car of the police. Now in another area in the same place more unrests. My friend is currently on the phone with somebody there to find out what's going on.
Don't have time to post it, but maybe you can So funny, I leave town and something happens."

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi Empty Re: Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi

Post by LewNi Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Oh, jeez. I had hoped that she would be not be close to all that. I guess I should have said that and and wished that it not happen at all.

I hope her friends are alright!
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Revolution is not over & news from Babsi Empty Egypt revolution is not over

Post by US Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 am

Egyptians still very much protesting Mubarak/Military policies:

"Two weeks since the ouster of dictator Hosni Mubarak, Egypt remains grappled in a tug of war between protestor demands for immediate democratic reform and a potent military refusing to cede power.

The use of force by the Army on thousands of peaceful protestors yesterday is a stark contrast from several weeks ago, when the Army appeared to be sympathetic towards public calls for Mubarak's resignation."

Link: Global Voices

US

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down