Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

+48
trudat
Mother Mary
Luna
Beast
ICU
Anka
Lime Flavoured
IsisAurelia
Info.Dot
tacodog
Scrag
Joe Bese
huntermj
caliigirl
Newsbie
Dragonin
Godzilla85
Jeremiah
Paddy
automatica
goodmockingbird
cbfunk
northerntomcat
Babsi
Myhaloisgone
Morgana
cab123
Kennedy
butterfly girl
LewNi
louiswinthorpeIII
Aetius Romulous
ZX12R
Earth Cries
Muhajiir
LLL
Lurker
FoolOnTheHill
snark
miabelieves
BelgianBoy
voom99
MissHidalgo
Limpan
Ubetcha
Strawberry
Canuck36
Janey
52 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb Empty Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 am

Morning Everyone,

The offer of asylum for Mubarak in Germany is real, using his health as an excuse to save face. it was originally brokered by the EU, but the US have climbed aboard. The only problem is that Mubarak is still resisting!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Canuck36 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:36 am

YES ! finally beat you to some news! lol!
Morning Janey!
He may not go, maybe he really wants to die a martyr.
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Tuesday 08 Feb

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:47 am

hey Canuck, I hate to point out that it was posted yesterday Wink

I think he is determined not to leave Egypt right now
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 am

Janey wrote:hey Canuck, I hate to point out that it was posted yesterday Wink

I think he is determined not to leave Egypt right now
Let me have my victory lol
Any news come your way on the Egyptian military? If he refuses to go will they back him?
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 am

Janey wrote:Morning Everyone,

The offer of asylum for Mubarak in Germany is real, using his health as an excuse to save face. it was originally brokered by the EU, but the US have climbed aboard. The only problem is that Mubarak is still resisting!

More importantly so is the "regime". Sad

Good morning Janey. An important repost from the last thread....

I have a concern. People keep on posting the names or pseudo names of tweeter posts. Some are clearly from Egypt and we have been advised that secret police are monitoring nationals and have the technical ability to id them. Let me explain the process since I data mine myself (innocently) from data bases and I can guess how they might do it. First they are given a list of suspects, then they process these names for the "number of posts" and retweets in the internet, this way everytime someone posts a tweet name it adds to the possibility that these tweeters can be identified. Therefore, I (and the true resistance) again advise that people refrain from pasting the entire tweet post with an individual tweet's name (simply post the content). Please understand that #egypt and #tahrir are not individuals, but #InTheStreetsBob probably is.... and when posting delete that individual's user name. Thank you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 am

Good morning JediJaney and all

Very Happy
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:58 am

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 am

Interview with MB:my boss want me to ask them if Iran is behind this revolution...don't want to feed the islamist fear in Europe Sad #Egypt
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:01 am

Live pictures of the square on top of the hour news on Alj
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:03 am

thanks Mexico,

That is a really important post!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 am

on the military, there are still deep cracks below the surface, with polarisation to both sides. Right now, the US is talking directly to the military in Egypt and is working hard to keep them on side. They want the military to play a role in the new transition government to free and fair elections.

The fact that the Egyptian military really look up to the US military counterparts has been one factor that has stopped the split from turning into a chasm of violence in the streets
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:06 am

To every one who didn't believe that online is an essential part of our media .... whats your standpoint now? #jan25 #egypt
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:08 am

Good morning everyone
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:09 am

Janey wrote:on the military, there are still deep cracks below the surface, with polarisation to both sides. Right now, the US is talking directly to the military in Egypt and is working hard to keep them on side. They want the military to play a role in the new transition government to free and fair elections.

The fact that the Egyptian military really look up to the US military counterparts has been one factor that has stopped the split from turning into a chasm of violence in the streets

Do the US see the military in Egypt important to keep stability with their neighbours?
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 am

Ubetcha wrote:Good morning everyone

bounce Good morning Ubetcha bounce
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:13 am

Lots of foreign journalists checking out of Ramsis Hilton. The story, however, is far from over. #Jan25 #Egypt #Tahrir
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:14 am

morning Ubetcha,

Straws yes, that is seen as a very important part of the dynamic. The Egyptian military have been US trained and almost see the world through US eyes. That means that the Egyptian military have not created havoc with Israel for example.

In fact, both sides have put troops in the Sinai since this unrest for the first time since 1967. I am told that there is no friction at all. In fact, there is a huge amount of soldier to solder camaraderie and they are working very much as a team.

A strong Egyptian military is also as you quite rightly allude to, a bulwark against outside influences, including the likes of Hezbollah and Hamas and other Iranian expansionist plans.

If we saw a new military with stronger islamic pro-iranian leanings come out of this, all bets would be off as Israel would feel threatened.

It is one reason why the US are desperately trying to keep the military structure intact
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:15 am

PLS RT Tarek Abdel Latif http://tinyurl.com/6jawroz Missing Since Jan 28. Father of 2, inc few months old baby girl #Egypt #Jan25
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:15 am

#jan25 #egypt interactive missing list http://tinyurl.com/6deppzb
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:16 am

Strawberry wrote:Lots of foreign journalists checking out of Ramsis Hilton. The story, however, is far from over. #Jan25 #Egypt #Tahrir

yes this is very sad. Most of the senior news editors have basically taken the line that if people are not shooting each other right now they should bring the teams home and save the expense of being out there. Editors are already looking for the next drama for the bulletins.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:18 am

qasr elnil entrance calm and easy to get thru #egypt #jan25
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:23 am

Shocked
Janey wrote:morning Ubetcha,

Straws yes, that is seen as a very important part of the dynamic. The Egyptian military have been US trained and almost see the world through US eyes. That means that the Egyptian military have not created havoc with Israel for example.

In fact, both sides have put troops in the Sinai since this unrest for the first time since 1967. I am told that there is no friction at all. In fact, there is a huge amount of soldier to solder camaraderie and they are working very much as a team.

A strong Egyptian military is also as you quite rightly allude to, a bulwark against outside influences, including the likes of Hezbollah and Hamas and other Iranian expansionist plans.

If we saw a new military with stronger islamic pro-iranian leanings come out of this, all bets would be off as Israel would feel threatened.

It is one reason why the US are desperately trying to keep the military structure intact

TY for your explanation.

It is complicated and extremely delicate
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 am

Tweeter seems to be lacking in personal tweets today and most seem like the more formal ones. I spotted a particular one and I didnt catch it in time and it hasnt come round again and Im wondering if its been 'deleted' by those that are monitoring it.

Perhaps you could check something out JediJaney

Is the internet still up in Egypt?
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Canuck36 Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:29 am

Janey wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Lots of foreign journalists checking out of Ramsis Hilton. The story, however, is far from over. #Jan25 #Egypt #Tahrir

yes this is very sad. Most of the senior news editors have basically taken the line that if people are not shooting each other right now they should bring the teams home and save the expense of being out there. Editors are already looking for the next drama for the bulletins.
Ironically the most important news, the future of Egypt, has yet to be determined. There is actual shooting on the Cambodia-Thailand border and there was no mention of it on the news where I live, even after four days of fighting.
Canuck36
Canuck36

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:29 am

yes it is, I have had emails from there this morning
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next