Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browser-based games

Go down

Browser-based games Empty Browser-based games

Post by Scrag Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Heya - does anyone play browser-based games?

I don't have FaceBook - but I know that Farmville is pretty huge.

I play Ikariam

But more to the point... I want to program a browser-based game and thought I'd run the idea by you guys. I want to make a strategy game similar to Ikariam but based underwater. So you would be playing animals instead of people. You would start off in a river - the Amazon for example - and build up enough to make it out to the ocean. Then you would end up in a tide pool to build up even more to explore the ocean and eventually expand your empire to islands. You would start off as a little fish but eventually command dolphins, sharks, crabs, octopi, etc - each with their own special abilities (dolphns = sonar).

That being said - first I have to learn PHP programming language which I'm trying to do between everything else, hehe. Just wondered what you guys thought of the idea - and I welcome any suggestions! And I can handle brutal honesty - the harsher the truth, the truer the friend that tells it.

Scrag
Scrag

Back to top Go down

Browser-based games Empty Re: Browser-based games

Post by Scrag Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:05 pm

OH! And please feel free to post anything about browser-based games here!
Scrag
Scrag

Back to top Go down