Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

3 posters

Go down

Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters Empty Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

Post by Earth Cries Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:15 am

Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/indiana-official-jeff-cox-live-ammunition-against-wisconsin-protesters
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters Empty Re: Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

Post by LewNi Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:22 am

Wow! Is that verifiable? That is enough right there to incite people not involved in the protests to start. Yikes, I am cautiously optimistic and keep telling myself to put the tinfoil hat down. I fear that people who wish to incite violence would do things like this, as the news is already using heated rhetoric about the protests already.
I hope that our politicians and public workers and private citizens can keep a cool enough head in order to deal with situation rationally.
to be clear, it is not the people protesting nor the government that I fear it is the people that wish to use these situations to their advantage that I fear.
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters Empty Re: Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Indiana official loses job after 'live ammo' tweet

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/23/6117387-indiana-official-loses-job-after-live-ammo-tweet?GT1=43001

Following a tweet suggesting riot police "use live ammunition" against demonstrators outside Wisconsin's capitol building on Saturday night, Jeff Cox is no longer employed as a deputy attorney general with Indiana Attorney General’s Office.

The official statement released today from the agency follows a report from "Mother Jones" detailing Cox's response to a tweet from the political magazine regarding riot police possibly being brought in to deal with demonstrators on Saturday (they weren't).

Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down