Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt The Aftermath - Monday 14th

+11
Babsi
Aetius Romulous
Earth Cries
Ubetcha
Dragonin
Lurker
BelgianBoy
Limpan
Strawberry
cab123
Janey
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Egypt The Aftermath - Monday 14th - Page 3 Empty Re: Egypt The Aftermath - Monday 14th

Post by FoolOnTheHill Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 pm

I was still on the Sunday thread apparently. Anyway, while I am catching up here I will repost a response to something there:

fingulas wrote:Ok, I've held off since I was roundly shouted down in
the chat area but now it's time for some sober reflection:

The
military is seizing control, suspending the constitution, dissolving the
parliament and refusing to move swiftly to hold elections. In other
words, it's a classic military coup.

ALL that the protesters
have accomplished is to throw out two old men (one dying of cancer) and
replace them with the establishment military elite.

Keep in
mind Mubarak came from the military and took power in a coup. The
military was the root source of his power and the power structure that
runs Egypt's military is firmly in control.

The civilian power structures have been purged. Has the secret police (aka thugs) been purged as well? No?

The cynic in me says we're just seeing a new military junta forming and consolidating power just a Mubarak did 30 years ago.

Sources:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/13/egypt-military-rejects-swift-power-handover

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/is-the-army-tightening-its-grip-on-egypt-2213849.html
When
it comes to cynicism, I am definitely with you. And this is why I did
not get as exuberant as many of my friends here. (BTW, I just posted
both of your articles on the permanent article page). Here are the
things that have been worrying me:

The Global Elite
[NWO/PTB/Bankster Cartel/whatever you want to call them] thrives on
conflict/warfare and on suppressing populations. It's what they do.
They have their people is almost every "terrorist" organization,often in
leadership roles, often provocateuring terrorist events. A bit
off-topic, and possibly of interest to our friends in the UK, check out
this article:
http://www.infowars.com/terrorist-who-trained-london-bombers-was-working-for-us-government/

The
American government (totally under the control of NWO) had a heads up
on this revolution and was able to meet with top Egyptian military
before things started to role. Mubarak had already disappointed the NWO
in several respects and was not going to stay quiet this time if they
went after Iran.

The revolution itself went much longer than it
should have. The military could have done their thing at any point.
Why didn't they? Was it to take their time so that they could identify
potential "trouble makers?"

For me, these are all significant but under-reported aspects to this whole revolution.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Egypt The Aftermath - Monday 14th - Page 3 Empty Re: Egypt The Aftermath - Monday 14th

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Will Egypt's Revolutionaries Divide?
From "The Atlantic"

There have been two groups of protesters in the square: the radicals, and the tourists. The radicals shed blood and risked everything to get rid of Mubarak, and the tourists supported them but didn't show up until the danger had passed. During the heady early days of the protests, none of the radicals indicated that they would be satisfied with anything less than democracy and the most severe justice for Mubarak and his people. Already, we've witnessed the gratifying spectacle of ex-Mubarak ministers' being denied permission to leave the country and, presumably, flee to luxurious exile. Early in the protests, Amr Bargisi warned in The Wall Street Journal that the protesters would commence a reign of terror if they won. "The next step," he said the protesters promised, "will be to knock on the doors of suburban villas and ask the owners: Where did you get the money to afford these?"

Where, then, are the Arab Jacobins, and should we fear them? The presence of elites out there, shoveling garbage with the common man, must be met with some ambivalence, I suppose: some among them are, for the moment, supporters of the revolution, and others could potentially be its victims. So far, the protesters have shown little appetite for gore and have cleared no space for a guillotine in Tahrir Square. Perhaps it is the military's role to stifle and suppress the most eager of these protesters and to allow the villa owners, many of whom have military connections, to prepare themselves for justice. The radical wing of protesters has shown little flexibility about anything so far, and eventually it will demand, in a word, satisfaction.

Read the entire article here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/02/with-mubarak-gone-will-egypts-revolutionaries-divide/71226/
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

According to Xinhua English, Sec-General of Arab Leage will run for president of Egypt.
Can you confirm this through another source Janey?
Apologies if it has already been brought up.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-02/15/c_13731967.htm
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Ghonim and other 7 activists were invited to a meeting with the Higher Military Council, where they were told that they hope to finalize drafting constitutional amendments within ten days.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/14/us-egypt-constitution-idUSTRE71D4A720110214
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Egypt domino effect: Hosni Mubarak's Red Sea bolt-hole

It costs $160 per night to live next door to defeated Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. In the Red Sea resort of Sharm el Sheikh, the beautiful Maritim Jolie Ville Golf and Resort comes with sniffer dogs, and dozens of armed security officers.

Near the hotel entrance, along the trimmed driveway framed by gently swaying palm trees, a road is barricaded, guarded by five uniformed police officers, and six burly plain clothes security.

Why so much security? I ask a passing staff member. "Mubarak," he replies nodding towards the blocked road, and moving away quickly before I can ask questions.

Full:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8323962/Egypt-domino-effect-Hosni-Mubaraks-Red-Sea-bolt-hole.html
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3