Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

+10
Lurker
goodmockingbird
Janey
Babsi
Joe Bese
Limpan
Myhaloisgone
BelgianBoy
snark
Strawberry
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people - Page 2 Empty Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Amazing selfless apologies to the women of Egypt from Egyption men. In the spirit of the revolution, end sexual harassment. (read the comments, too)

When, as a nation, we called to "bring down the system", this is the exact sort of thing we were calling for. Not just the dismantling of an ailing, opressive political system, but also the vile, rotten systems of thought...

Lara Logan, I apologize sincerely with all my heart

To every girl, woman, mother harassed, I apologize sincerely with all my heart

To my mother nation Egypt, I apologize sincerely with all my heart

& promise you all that I will try the very best that I can to bring an end to this, in the quest to have our sisters "Walk Free"

http://www.change.org/petitions/walk-free-stop-sexual-harassment-in-egypt-apology-to-lara-logan#comments

Back to top Go down

Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people - Page 2 Empty Re: Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

Ben Wedemann CNN:
Al-Ahram reporting Alex port found diplomatic container with 3.5 tons of pills-tranquilizers, perhaps? Guess its been rough month for some.
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 am

Lurker wrote:Ben Wedemann CNN:
Al-Ahram reporting Alex port found diplomatic container with 3.5 tons of pills-tranquilizers, perhaps? Guess its been rough month for some.

Somebody's smuggling ecstasy. Whose container I wonder?
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Ben Wedemann CNN:
6 days after Mubarak stepped down, some still driving thru Cairo streets waving flags and cheering as if it happend 5 minutes ago.

-----------
@Joe... perhaps Ghaddafis? Very Happy
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Egypt military junta launches Facebook page

(AFP) – 2 hours ago

CAIRO — Egypt's new military rulers have launched their own Facebook page to better communicate with the youth who used the social networking site to organise protests that drove Hosni Mubarak from power.

The Supreme Council of the Armed Forces dedicated the page "to the sons and youth of Egypt who ignited the January 25 revolution and to its martyrs."

It said the page was established by the head of the council, Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi, who felt that "fruitful cooperation in the coming period with the honourable sons of Egypt would lead to stability and security."

Full:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g53WBowex3gI0I9WCBHRQx6Z4Fdg?docId=CNG.68e525354daffd868eac000986513f10.931
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:54 pm

The elite and generals have been studying class analysis and are more versed in it than most. It is time we did the same so we are able to understand the forces at work....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 pm

If people fill the square tomorrow, even at 1/10th of a week ago, it will irrevocably cement and solidify the revolution. Fingers crossed....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 am

I'm just about fed up with this forum. No one is interested in Egypt anymore??,,,,,, a country of 80 million? The rest of the disturbances are irrevalent compared to this country, yet where are the people of last week? Egypt leads the way, I hope we will meet again here to witness the profound changes that will sweep the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:07 am

Wow! Aljezeera showing HUNDREDS of thousands! Wow! The military generals are quacking in their boots. Hoorah! Sorry Babsi, your appeal to calm isnt quite there yet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 am

Many 10s of thousands more in Alexandria. This is very positive news! The revolution is consolidating. Are we to have a new thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 am

Mexico wrote:I'm just about fed up with this forum. No one is interested in Egypt anymore??,,,,,, a country of 80 million? The rest of the disturbances are irrevalent compared to this country, yet where are the people of last week? Egypt leads the way, I hope we will meet again here to witness the profound changes that will sweep the world.

the intrest is still here, If you were with this group a few weeks ago, this started in Korea,then Lebanon,EGYPT and will continue cover all areas.IMHO this is the only place to get confirmed Info fast.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 am

cab123 wrote:
Mexico wrote:I'm just about fed up with this forum. No one is interested in Egypt anymore??,,,,,, a country of 80 million? The rest of the disturbances are irrevalent compared to this country, yet where are the people of last week? Egypt leads the way, I hope we will meet again here to witness the profound changes that will sweep the world.

the intrest is still here, If you were with this group a few weeks ago, this started in Korea,then Lebanon,EGYPT and will continue cover all areas.IMHO this is the only place to get confirmed Info fast.

Thank you cab,,, I've started a new thread. Still I must say Egypt dominates IMO, every where else pales or is following these events....

Back to top Go down

Post by miamikat Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 am

lol mexico.. many people dont post but come here for info.. like myself.. i still have not made an account but have been following this and others news on this site which i have been following since GLP

but yeah alot dont post but just lurk or view the forum.

miamikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:54 am

http://uruknet.info/?p=m75082&hd=&size=1&l=e

Egyptian workers step up strike offensive
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/world/middleeast/18egypt.html

Suez Canal Workers Join Broad Strikes in Egypt
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Daios Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 am

Egypt to lift emergency law in 6 months

What did i tell you?

Egypt achieved NOTHING!

Daios

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:50 am

Daios wrote:

What did i tell you?

Egypt achieved NOTHING!

How do you support this statement?

So far Egypt has achieved quite a lot - Mubarak gone, VP gone, 2 houses of Parliament dissolved, ex Ministers under arrest and or house arrest for corruption and abuse of power, new Amendments for Constitution being drafted by independent committee as we speak, first votes on Constitution by people expected within 2 months, Cabinet being reshuffled and opposition groups invited, regular talks with opposition groups incl. youth with the high council of Armed Forces.

Emergency law remains the last demand, and personally from what I see now with so many criminals still on the loose, black market of weapons, it would be downright stupid to end the emergency law now. The emergency law will be lifted once stability and security is fully restored. Still lacking a lot of security police in Cairo. I so far agree with everything the interim government has done. If the emergency law is being ended in 6 months after more than 30 years...along with having free and fair elections, Egypt has indeed achieved a lot.
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLM3CswkfQw&feature=player_embedded

Don't know if this will embed....but calling for Babsi or anyone else that knows the language..what are they shouting...on youtube..says they are saying something about heading for Israel and will be martyrs????

Please advise...
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:41 am

Babsi wrote:
Daios wrote:

What did i tell you?

Egypt achieved NOTHING!

So far Egypt has achieved quite a lot - Mubarak gone, VP gone, 2 houses of Parliament dissolved, ex Ministers under arrest and or house arrest for corruption and abuse of power, new Amendments for Constitution being drafted by independent committee as we speak, first votes on Constitution by people expected within 2 months, Cabinet being reshuffled and opposition groups invited, regular talks with opposition groups incl. youth with the high council of Armed Forces.

Emergency law remains the last demand, and personally from what I see now with so many criminals still on the loose, black market of weapons, it would be downright stupid to end the emergency law now. The emergency law will be lifted once stability and security is fully restored. Still lacking a lot of security police in Cairo. I so far agree with everything the interim government has done. If the emergency law is being ended in 6 months after more than 30 years...along with having free and fair elections, Egypt has indeed achieved a lot.

those are huge achievements. We have to remember they may seem modest in some ways to western eyes, but for an arab nation to come that far already is huge! A whole cultural shift is taking place to bring democracy.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 am

Strawberry wrote:
Myhaloisgone wrote:Good morning. Just a thought, and not a good one really...but what IF this was a purposeful military coup due to Mubarak's imminent death? It seems to me that things are a bit too surreal. The transfer of power was clouded with lies, false information and just the fact that we never did actually SEE the man state he was relinquishing his position makes me doubt...or think deeper....whichever . Seems to be an awful lot of nations that have much at stake here...

For me personally the jury is still out having seen strong evidence for both sides.

I posted an article yesterday linking Soros, that El Baradi bloke (sorry cant remember how to spell these names) and the google executive Wael Gohim (sp) before the protests started.

I came back and deleted it as it didnt feel right and strangely enough I havent seen anyone else talk about it so it wasnt common knowledge.

Strawberry, I would really like to see this article!
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:45 am

Janey wrote:
Babsi wrote:
Daios wrote:

What did i tell you?

Egypt achieved NOTHING!

those are huge achievements. We have to remember they may seem modest in some ways to western eyes, but for an arab nation to come that far already is huge! A whole cultural shift is taking place to bring democracy.

Hi Janey Wave ,
yes exactly, considering Egypt's people really didn't get to decide on anything in regards to their country for 60 years. So this is huge, they are so happy they get to vote on the constitution soon.
Lets hope everything turns out well...so far I haven't heard of any official presidential candidates who started to campaign, only that Ayman Nour and Amr Moussa have said they would run, El Baradei said again he would if people wanted him to. I guess they're still working on their political agenda and plans...only Ayman Nour was in the South a week ago doing some kind of "tour" to talk to people. I think he will be the first who starts as he already ran in 2005 against Mubarak, where he "lost" (in rigged elections) and then was imprisoned for several years.
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 am

Alaskan Girl wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
Myhaloisgone wrote:Good morning. Just a thought, and not a good one really...but what IF this was a purposeful military coup due to Mubarak's imminent death? It seems to me that things are a bit too surreal. The transfer of power was clouded with lies, false information and just the fact that we never did actually SEE the man state he was relinquishing his position makes me doubt...or think deeper....whichever . Seems to be an awful lot of nations that have much at stake here...

For me personally the jury is still out having seen strong evidence for both sides.

I posted an article yesterday linking Soros, that El Baradi bloke (sorry cant remember how to spell these names) and the google executive Wael Gohim (sp) before the protests started.

I came back and deleted it as it didnt feel right and strangely enough I havent seen anyone else talk about it so it wasnt common knowledge.

Strawberry, I would really like to see this article!

Ahhhh! I think I know where to look because I didnt save it and I still havent seen it anywhere else on the net. You know its probably propaganda stuff from the anti democrats or something but I will look AG

flower
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:36 am

Egypt's military seeks to restore stability/and a new dawn for the Egyptian people - Page 2 8876
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:33 pm

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/protest-in-egypt-after-army-vehicle-kills-woman-4036150

Protest in Egypt after army vehicle kills woman

Around 1,000 Egyptians protested in a city east of Cairo after a woman was killed by an army vehicle during a demonstration, eyewitnesses said.

The incident marked the latest eruption of public anger in the wake of countrywide protests that began on Jan. 25 and led to the toppling of President Hosni Mubarak.

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum