Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt

3 posters

Go down

CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt Empty CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt

Post by Joe Bese Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:15 pm

(CNN) -- A CBS correspondent was brutally attacked Friday in Cairo's Tahrir Square after the resignation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, the network said in a statement released Tuesday.

Lara Logan, 39, was covering celebrations for a "60 Minutes" story, the network said, when a frenzied mob of about 200 people surrounded her, her crew and their security team. Separated from the others in the chaos, Logan was surrounded, beaten and sexually assaulted, the statement said.

A group of women and about 20 Egyptian soldiers intervened to rescue the correspondent, the network said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/02/15/egypt.logan.assault/index.html?hpt=T2
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt Empty Re: CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Joe Bese wrote:(CNN) -- A CBS correspondent was brutally attacked Friday in Cairo's Tahrir Square after the resignation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, the network said in a statement released Tuesday.

Lara Logan, 39, was covering celebrations for a "60 Minutes" story, the network said, when a frenzied mob of about 200 people surrounded her, her crew and their security team. Separated from the others in the chaos, Logan was surrounded, beaten and sexually assaulted, the statement said.

A group of women and about 20 Egyptian soldiers intervened to rescue the correspondent, the network said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/02/15/egypt.logan.assault/index.html?hpt=T2

That is AWFUL! I wish the article would be more clear though - they said she spoke briefly to a magazine Thursday night as she boarded the plane to return to the US!!! Thursday night was the night Mubarak made the announcement that he didn't step down, yet the report says it was the night Mubarak stepped down, that would have been Friday!!

I am confused why a blonde woman was still covering a story amidst these crowds during the dangerous situation at the time - I mean even the male reporters of other news stations were not there. I as a foreigner did for that very reason also not go to Tahrir, because of the instilled xenophobia by the Regime. My bet is still those were Mubarak thugs or criminals trying to cause trouble.....whoever they were tho, this is terrible and I hope they arrested the men who did this.

Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt Empty Re: CBS correspondent assaulted in Egypt

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Here in the article is says she was there on the 11th to film the celebrations. I guess the other article just had a typo or wrong information.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110215/tv_nm/us_egypt_journalists

This is horrible and it makes me angry to hear about something likes this - I really hope the soldiers arrested these jerks...Sexual Harrassment is a problem in Egypt, but for them to do it in public like this and beating her...that just sounds to me like those thugs who were told that all foreigners and journo's are israeli spies and such. The tv here must start a vigorous campaign now to reverse this xenophobia that was incited by the old Regime, otherwise I'll have a real problem here moving around freely and safely. Sad
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Babsi wrote:Here in the article is says she was there on the 11th to film the celebrations. I guess the other article just had a typo or wrong information.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110215/tv_nm/us_egypt_journalists

This is horrible and it makes me angry to hear about something likes this - I really hope the soldiers arrested these jerks...Sexual Harrassment is a problem in Egypt, but for them to do it in public like this and beating her...that just sounds to me like those thugs who were told that all foreigners and journo's are israeli spies and such. The tv here must start a vigorous campaign now to reverse this xenophobia that was incited by the old Regime, otherwise I'll have a real problem here moving around freely and safely. Sad

I agree it's confusing, but Feb 11th makes more sense.

You stay safe, Babsi.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 pm

How terrifying for her Sad
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down