Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviation news?

3 posters

Go down

Aviation news? Empty Aviation news?

Post by pilot72 Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 am

As you can see from my screen name, aviation is a huge interest of mine. Not sure why this has its own section on here but I'm pretty happy to see it. I would love to see what type of aviation news is posted here.

Really happy that this site exists. Thanks again, Janey ( and everyone else too)
pilot72
pilot72

Back to top Go down

Aviation news? Empty Re: Aviation news?

Post by Janey Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 am

Hey Pilot, I guessed as much with your user name. Whatever information you want me or others to post on aviation I am glad to put here.

The reason why it is here is that I used to hold my ATPL licence and was typerated on a number of Boeings (It was to do with my time in the services).

To this day, I still write for a large number of aviation magazines. I also feed aviation news into the agencies and a couple of TV news companies.

So, if you want to talk about LNAV or VNAV PTH on a Boeing 747, I am your girl Smile Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by pilot72 Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:11 am

Wow! I knew I liked you. You have quite a resume!

I actually own a flight school. I'm certainly not on the level of ratings that you have but I'm sure the same passion. We do mostly sport pilot and ppl training. Along with fixed wing, we have fun with gyro planes, powered parachutes, seaplanes and trikes. I would love to know the publications you write for. Anything in the U.S.?

I will try and post any aviation news I come across.
pilot72
pilot72

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 am

lots of stuff that comes out in the USA. I will send you a PM on that as I will be in trouble for discussing work in a forum Smile

Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Beast Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 pm

I love aviation but can only claim 1st hand knowledge about it in the form of piloting RC helicopters.

On that front, there is a small fear that the FAA HLS or any other alphabet might put a clamp down on the hobby.

You never know when some one might put a fire cracker on a RC vehicle and send it in to a crowd.

Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by pilot72 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Beast wrote:I love aviation but can only claim 1st hand knowledge about it in the form of piloting RC helicopters.

On that front, there is a small fear that the FAA HLS or any other alphabet might put a clamp down on the hobby.

You never know when some one might put a fire cracker on a RC vehicle and send it in to a crowd.

You're right. I work with some government agencies in the aviation field. The topic of RC use in airspace is a big deal. They sometimes consider it a real aircraft and subject it to the same regulations. Be careful, especially in restricted airspace.
pilot72
pilot72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down