Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq

2 posters

Go down

Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq Empty Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq

Post by Babsi Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi guys,

Strawberry asked me to open a thread on this topic. I have gotten confirmation from some locals that protests will be held to call for PM Ahmed Shafiq to step down. The people were unhappy with the Cabinet in place as they were all appointed by Mubarak and obviously loyalists of the old Regime.
Shafiq did another reshuffle of the cabinet which I posted in the other thread - I repeat the post here so you can read up on what changes he made:

"Announcement of Cabinet reshuffle - good article - to summarize quickly what changed:

PM Ahmed Shafiq stays (there's word ppl will go to Tahrir Tuesday to oust him - why is in the article), 2 Christian Ministers - 3 Ministers of official opposition parties - 1 Minister (who's rumored to have connection with a Muslim Brotherhood, but not confirmed). Ministry of Information was scrapped - WOOT - this should allow free press finally. Plus to my huge surprise, a NEW Ministry was formed for "Egyptian Expats" cheers which is headed by a Dr. Georgette which leads me to believe that this is the 2nd christian Minister in the new cabinet beside the newly appointed Minister of Tourism. I'm very satisfied with these 2 positions.

I recommend reading the article, gives good insight to the background for some of the newly appointed Ministers.

http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-interim-cabinet.html#more

A friend told me that people are still unhappy about Shafiq remaining as he is considered a loyalist to Mubarak, he has also before these changes suggested a Minister of the old Regime, which was then vetoed by the High Council of Armed Forces which told him that he still not doing what the people are asking of.

Lets see how many will turn out, many have taken back to work, so it is hard to predict. Schools have been postponed to open until the end of this month, so the youth should be there for sure. I expect that more people would join late afternoon after work.

I too have work tomorrow but I will be checking in when I return home and update you guys on anything I heard. But usually you all are very well informed and I actually get more news here Very Happy.

Good luck Egypt!
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq Empty Re: Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 am

I guess none of you have heard anything either, just came home and having some coffee. The news is filled with Libya and NZ earthquake. So I called my friend and he's still at work and said he will head to Tahrir in a couple hours. He told me that today they have Demonstration to remove all of the guys from the old Regime, not only Shafiq.
Will update when I know more.
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq Empty Re: Tuesday February 22nd protests to bring down PM Ahmed Shafiq

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:09 am

I will try and keep it updated here Babsi as well. Im not able to sort the ticker out to make Egypt more prominent.

I was up late with the earthquake so this is just me getting myself sorted

Smile
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 am

Babsi wrote:I guess none of you have heard anything either, just came home and having some coffee. The news is filled with Libya and NZ earthquake. So I called my friend and he's still at work and said he will head to Tahrir in a couple hours. He told me that today they have Demonstration to remove all of the guys from the old Regime, not only Shafiq.
Will update when I know more.

I have had a good look around and there is no live coverage on this Babsi so we will have to rely on tweets and you for information on how this is going today.
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down