Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

+34
huntermj
northerntomcat
Stealth521
Babsi
Claudia
Canary
Limpan
LewNi
boobu
Aetius Romulous
Godzilla85
Morgana
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Mother Mary
FoolOnTheHill
Mimi
Earth Cries
snark
Stargazer
Myhaloisgone
miabelieves
Luna
Strawberry
Janey
Muhajiir
cab123
Tangy
Lurker
MissHidalgo
Ubetcha
Logical Paradox
BelgianBoy
LLL
38 posters

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 6 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:57 am

Azzam Tamini on Press TV is saying if the army are ordered to turn on the people it will be a big mistake and the end of the regime and army.

Protesters outside the Presidential Palace and State TV say they will not be leaving.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 6 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 am

AJ say some people are getting angry at the military. Palace one protester had a verbal exchange with an officer
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:05 am

"If they threat you with the whole world will fight you, don't fear them, If they threatens you with all the weapons in the world don't fear them, because God will give victory to the people of justice and not people of tyrrani!/Friday prayer speech in alexandria!
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:06 am

Janey any information about the numbers. Looks like a huge group
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:06 am

Dang, just as the events in Egypt...I awake every morning to a new look of LSN...morning all
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 am

Morning
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:08 am

Ubetcha wrote:Janey any information about the numbers. Looks like a huge group

some wire reports saying up to a million already in the square, a huge number at the tv station and a moderate number at the palace
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:08 am

AJ reporter can see no pavement so many people and that she uses that to try to determine how many people. Sounding like alot more today
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 am

Janey wrote:
Ubetcha wrote:Janey any information about the numbers. Looks like a huge group

some wire reports saying up to a million already in the square, a huge number at the tv station and a moderate number at the palace

The crowds are really loud today. AJ showing a massive crowd of people for sure
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 am

Muhajiir wrote:"If they threat you with the whole world will fight you, don't fear them, If they threatens you with all the weapons in the world don't fear them, because God will give victory to the people of justice and not people of tyrrani!/Friday prayer speech in alexandria!

Very powerful speech!
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 am

Muhajiir wrote:"If they threat you with the whole world will fight you, don't fear them, If they threatens you with all the weapons in the world don't fear them, because God will give victory to the people of justice and not people of tyrrani!/Friday prayer speech in alexandria!

Are there still thugs out and about? Do you guys see this going into a civil war. Last, when/if this occurs does anyone have a clue what side military will sway.
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:17 am

Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession
The rate of private gun ownership in Egypt is 3.52 firearms per 100 people

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/egypt

that's not lots...
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 am

miabelieves wrote:

Are there still thugs out and about? Do you guys see this going into a civil war. Last, when/if this occurs does anyone have a clue what side military will sway.

morning Mia, there is no sign of any pro-mubarak people. Things might get nasty when they march on the palace later. The whole of Egypt is like a tinderbox right now. No-one is quite sure about military intentions
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Myhaloisgone Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 am

Good morning everyone. Heart Flowers

Hoping my prayers are heard today. First cup of joe and off to catch up.

LOVE the site, it is looking amazing! cheers
Myhaloisgone
Myhaloisgone

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 am

miabelieves wrote:Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession
The rate of private gun ownership in Egypt is 3.52 firearms per 100 people

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/egypt

that's not lots...

still massively more than the UK of course Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by miabelieves Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 am

like the name MyHaloisGone...morning
miabelieves
miabelieves

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:24 am

Janey, any news on the protests in Iran? Does it turn from anniversary of revolution to another revolution?

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Blah Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:26 am

Babsi /Muh ... you need to call your people in Tahrir Sq and get them to storm the TV station, they have the numbers today, the regime will win unless the activists get control of the TV Station, the military have said they will not fire on the people, therefore they have nothing to fear!

Blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:26 am

lolita wrote:Janey, any news on the protests in Iran? Does it turn from anniversary of revolution to another revolution?

all the regime are letting out right now is that these are "protests of joy" at the anniversary and "support for the Islamic revolution in Egypt". I am sure there will be anti Iran regime protests but the regime there are doing their best to sugar coat it all.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 am

Myhaloisgone wrote:Good morning everyone. Heart Flowers

good morning! there is still more to come. LLL and Mother Mary are working really hard on updating us! The work is ongoing but I think they are doing great
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:30 am

Blah wrote:Babsi /Muh ... you need to call your people in Tahrir Sq and get them to storm the TV station, they have the numbers today, the regime will win unless the activists get control of the TV Station, the military have said they will not fire on the people, therefore they have nothing to fear!

I have no people in Egypt...but you are right people must storm the Tv station
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 am

Janey wrote:
Myhaloisgone wrote:Good morning everyone. Heart Flowers

good morning! there is still more to come. LLL and Mother Mary are working really hard on updating us! The work is ongoing but I think they are doing great

Yes they are Heart Flowers
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 am

calls from the square for people to go to palace
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Myhaloisgone Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 am

Janey anything on the wires about US involvement yet? I fear for this.
Myhaloisgone
Myhaloisgone

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 am

Hundreds approaching State TV from backroad parallel to Corniche.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next