Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

+34
huntermj
northerntomcat
Stealth521
Babsi
Claudia
Canary
Limpan
LewNi
boobu
Aetius Romulous
Godzilla85
Morgana
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Mother Mary
FoolOnTheHill
Mimi
Earth Cries
snark
Stargazer
Myhaloisgone
miabelieves
Luna
Strawberry
Janey
Muhajiir
cab123
Tangy
Lurker
MissHidalgo
Ubetcha
Logical Paradox
BelgianBoy
LLL
38 posters

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 10 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:34 am

those stationed in front of TV building r not Presidential Guards, they r Paratroopers.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 10 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:34 am

Colonel to protesters outside palace 'I SWEAR he will leave
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 am

AJA: Protesters surrounding Channel 5 Building in Alexandria
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Colonel to protesters outside palace 'I SWEAR he will leave

Oh, he will leave alright, in a bodybag!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 am

"We're watching a significant splinter demo building at State TV building #tahrir #egypt"

Al Arabyia aren't reporting Mubarak has left the country they are claiming him and his family have left Cairo for an unknown destination. (So would I if I saw those crowds heading towards my home!) No confirmation if he's gone somewhere in Egypt or if he's left the country.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:37 am

Praetorian wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:
Mimi wrote:Good Morning All!

I have a foggy thought as I wait for my coffee to kick in: Do you suppose the army is giving any thought to SA's financial aid replacing the US's? In other words, those higher ups who don't want to lose their fat checks by completely siding with the people, now need not worry as SA will keep the money flowing....therefor freeing them to 100% backing of the people?

the thing is SA is with mubarak and not the people

One other thing, it's not just the money that the armed forces get, it's the hardware. I'm sure the army and airforce like getting those Abrams tanks and F-16s. They won't get that from SA or any other arab country. I'm betting the armed forces will, when they are forced to, will side against King Hosni the self appointed pharaoh. At least, that's what I'm hoping, and Egypt can then get on with the free and fair democratically elected new age of the people.

If the US does not provide weapons aid, there will always be someone there to pickup the tab. Aka, Russia.

Yeah, if you don't mind having crap.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:37 am

BelgianBoy wrote:those stationed in front of TV building r not Presidential Guards, they r Paratroopers.

yes the PG's are all around the palace and Mubarak himself
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:39 am

Field hospital already established on grass near presidential palace managed by sweet Santa-like volunteer doctor
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:39 am

Danish PM becomes the first EU leader to call for Mubarak to step down. via Al Jazeera English
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:39 am

snark wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:

I have a foggy thought as I wait for my coffee to kick in: Do you suppose the army is giving any thought to SA's financial aid replacing the US's? In other words, those higher ups who don't want to lose their fat checks by completely siding with the people, now need not worry as SA will keep the money flowing....therefor freeing them to 100% backing of the people?

One other thing, it's not just the money that the armed forces get, it's the hardware. I'm sure the army and airforce like getting those Abrams tanks and F-16s. They won't get that from SA or any other arab country. I'm betting the armed forces will, when they are forced to, will side against King Hosni the self appointed pharaoh. At least, that's what I'm hoping, and Egypt can then get on with the free and fair democratically elected new age of the people.

Yes this was the conclusion of the analyst on CNN (didn't catch his name) that the hardware and technical support was worth much to the army and that SA couldn't compete with us on this

Unbelievable dilemma. So am I getting this right?...what is needed is a strong leader for the people, someone who is not seen as anti-Israel by the US in order for the US to take a stand thus enabling the military to get off the fence...unless there's a surge of lower level military leaving?
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:39 am

Janey,Anyone,
Isn't removing your uniform on duty treason?

cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 am

ZX12R wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:

If the US does not provide weapons aid, there will always be someone there to pickup the tab. Aka, Russia.

Just because their weapons may not look as pretty and polished, they still do the same job.

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 am

ShoroukNews reporting that police in Cairo airport are striking, demanding better conditions.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 am

Barricades between Tahrir and Maspero broken. Ppl now entering area en masse
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 am

BelgianBoy wrote:those stationed in front of TV building r not Presidential Guards, they r Paratroopers.

what does that tell us?
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 am

Luna wrote:"We're watching a significant splinter demo building at State TV building #tahrir #egypt"

Al Arabyia aren't reporting Mubarak has left the country they are claiming him and his family have left Cairo for an unknown destination. (So would I if I saw those crowds heading towards my home!) No confirmation if he's gone somewhere in Egypt or if he's left the country.

Arabic BBC: Senior official says Muabrak and family left country via alamza airport to unknown place #Egypt

So he may have left Cairo, he may have left the country or he could still be there! No-one knows because so many different things are being reported to keep the confusion going.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:43 am

ZX12R wrote:
Praetorian wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:

And they are not getting crap from the US? And why all of this fixation on where they are going to get weapons from? What a seriously messed up world; too much fear, not enough love, IMO.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 am

Deafening silence from washington.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 am

Mimi wrote:
snark wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:

Yes this was the conclusion of the analyst on CNN (didn't catch his name) that the hardware and technical support was worth much to the army and that SA couldn't compete with us on this

Unbelievable dilemma. So am I getting this right?...what is needed is a strong leader for the people, someone who is not seen as anti-Israel by the US in order for the US to take a stand thus enabling the military to get off the fence...unless there's a surge of lower level military leaving?

This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't really think it's the U.S. that is keeping the Egyptian military on the fence. I think it's just such an enormous move for armed forces to take control of a country and remove its leaders. They know that it will lead to conflict and killing among some factions, and they'd really prefer to avoid that, if at all possible. There will need to be further incentive of some kind, for them to take that sort of action.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:47 am

FoolOnTheHill wrote:

And they are not getting crap from the US? And why all of this fixation on where they are going to get weapons from? What a seriously messed up world; too much fear, not enough love, IMO.[/quote]

He was referring to the quality of the weapons. While I understand your point of view, superior technology wins wars. I agree our world is messed up, but the minute you lower your guard, your dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:47 am

2mio marching in alexandria to presidential palace Ras El Teen affraid
http://yfrog.com/h7uxvzaj

Last edited by Lurker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Deafening silence from washington.

Yes, CNN reported last night that the WH doesn't want Obama to appear in public right now. Said he was "furious" after Mubarak's speech last night.
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 am

Praetorian wrote:
FoolOnTheHill wrote:

And they are not getting crap from the US? And why all of this fixation on where they are going to get weapons from? What a seriously messed up world; too much fear, not enough love, IMO.

He was referring to the quality of the weapons. While I understand your point of view, superior technology wins wars. I agree our world is messed up, but the minute you lower your guard, your dead.[/quote]

Indeed. Ultimately, you have to live in the real world, not the one you wish it were.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Deafening silence from washington.

not a Obama fan,but sure he is pissed over HM making him look like a fool. He CAN pull allot of strings.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next