Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

+34
huntermj
northerntomcat
Stealth521
Babsi
Claudia
Canary
Limpan
LewNi
boobu
Aetius Romulous
Godzilla85
Morgana
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Mother Mary
FoolOnTheHill
Mimi
Earth Cries
snark
Stargazer
Myhaloisgone
miabelieves
Luna
Strawberry
Janey
Muhajiir
cab123
Tangy
Lurker
MissHidalgo
Ubetcha
Logical Paradox
BelgianBoy
LLL
38 posters

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 9 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

Post by Muhajiir Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 am

Mimi wrote:Good Morning All!

I have a foggy thought as I wait for my coffee to kick in: Do you suppose the army is giving any thought to SA's financial aid replacing the US's? In other words, those higher ups who don't want to lose their fat checks by completely siding with the people, now need not worry as SA will keep the money flowing....therefor freeing them to 100% backing of the people?

the thing is SA is with mubarak and not the people
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 9 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 am

I have a foggy thought as I wait for my coffee to kick in: Do you suppose the army is giving any thought to SA's financial aid replacing the US's? In other words, those higher ups who don't want to lose their fat checks by completely siding with the people, now need not worry as SA will keep the money flowing....therefor freeing them to 100% backing of the people?

Possibly. Saudis have their own problems and if their people find out they may not take kindly to Saudi supporting a regieme vs the Egyptian people. Blow back is a bitch and the US sure knows that
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:22 am

Military blocking the road to the Presidential Palace but numbers there are still increasing - up to 1000 people at the moment.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 am

Danish PM is the first EU leader to actually call for Mubarak to step down.... at last someone speaking in plain terms.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 am

Janey alarabiya and BBC arabic is saying mubarak have left the country...anything in the wires?
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:24 am

Protesters surprised they can get so close to palace.......hmmmm could this be a trap
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:24 am

Luna wrote:oooh.... calls to speak to Mubarak in Hebrew because he doesn't understand Arabic!
Luna I thought i misunderstood that on AJE, U would think he would have a computer to do that if not a real person.WTH??
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 am

Danish Premier first EU leader to call for Mubarak to step down. AJE
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:26 am

An analyst was speculating on CNN last night about this very thing, and like Muh said, SA is with Mubarak. Very interesting idea, IMO

Last edited by snark on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:26 am

Morning all, appears that today we will soon find out which side the military is really there to protect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:26 am

Muhajiir wrote:Janey alarabiya and BBC arabic is saying mubarak have left the country...anything in the wires?

all over the wires, with many saying he left yesterday before a recorded message. No confirmation though from anywhere, so its part of the list of rumours
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:26 am

A fine good morning to all. Finally caught up. Let's see if I followed everything. Mubarak's plans and whereabouts still unknown (as per instructions from DC). Top military on board with US desired new puppet Sillyman. Lower level military still with the people. Protests and strikes continue to grow along with anger at being lied to and ignored. Any thoughts? Did I miss anything.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:27 am

Muhajiir wrote:Janey alarabiya and BBC arabic is saying mubarak have left the country...anything in the wires?

Just said the same on AJE but we've heard it so many times before that I just don't believe it... more like wishful thinking IMO.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Mary Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:27 am

BelgianBoy wrote:BTW: much better layout!

cheers

Egypt Rolling Updates Fri 11 Feb   - Page 9 464982 Everyone!

Thanks for the feedback about the theme. I am seeing quite a few positive comments about this one being better. And now back to the daily Egyptian news!
Mother Mary
Mother Mary

http://tbsforum.thebroadspectrum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 am

AJ Talk Reporter : 100s of thousands heading towards El Tin Palace in #Alexandria
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 am

Muhajiir wrote:

One other thing, it's not just the money that the armed forces get, it's the hardware. I'm sure the army and airforce like getting those Abrams tanks and F-16s. They won't get that from SA or any other arab country. I'm betting the armed forces will, when they are forced to, will side against King Hosni the self appointed pharaoh. At least, that's what I'm hoping, and Egypt can then get on with the free and fair democratically elected new age of the people.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 am

Janey wrote:

all over the wires, with many saying he left yesterday before a recorded message. No confirmation though from anywhere, so its part of the list of rumours

To me, this doesn't make any sense. If he left the country, it would have been in the Army communique, unless they are purposely trying to instigate civil war.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 am

Muhajiir wrote:

Ahhh...of course! I guess 'foggy' was right. I'm so glad to be among all you who are patient with people like me!
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 am

FoolOnTheHill wrote:A fine good morning to all. Finally caught up. Let's see if I followed everything. Mubarak's plans and whereabouts still unknown (as per instructions from DC). Top military on board with US desired new puppet Sillyman. Lower level military still with the people. Protests and strikes continue to grow along with anger at being lied to and ignored. Any thoughts? Did I miss anything.

Excellent summary.

3rd Armed forces announcement being made now. Promising free and fair elections but no date.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 am

Oh, and good morning to everyone. farao
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:30 am

The military (joke):

we are not against the regime but we will protect the people.
This should not be considered as an abstention.

Sounds like UK diplomacy.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by snark Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:30 am

ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:

One other thing, it's not just the money that the armed forces get, it's the hardware. I'm sure the army and airforce like getting those Abrams tanks and F-16s. They won't get that from SA or any other arab country. I'm betting the armed forces will, when they are forced to, will side against King Hosni the self appointed pharaoh. At least, that's what I'm hoping, and Egypt can then get on with the free and fair democratically elected new age of the people.

Yes this was the conclusion of the analyst on CNN (didn't catch his name) that the hardware and technical support was worth much to the army and that SA couldn't compete with us on this
snark
snark

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 am

Luna wrote:
FoolOnTheHill wrote:A fine good morning to all. Finally caught up. Let's see if I followed everything. Mubarak's plans and whereabouts still unknown (as per instructions from DC). Top military on board with US desired new puppet Sillyman. Lower level military still with the people. Protests and strikes continue to grow along with anger at being lied to and ignored. Any thoughts? Did I miss anything.

Excellent summary.

3rd Armed forces announcement being made now. Promising free and fair elections but no date.

Hmmm... I may have jumped the gun and that was from their statement earlier. I'm not sure because news is jumping all over the place right now and a lot of confusion but I think that's intentional. If no-one knows what's going on they can't really take action.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 am

Egyptians calling for International Criminal Court to prosecute Mubarak.
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:33 am

ZX12R wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:

If the US does not provide weapons aid, there will always be someone there to pickup the tab. Aka, Russia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next