Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Faces The Future - Sunday 13th Feb

+10
FoolOnTheHill
Claudia
cab123
Lurker
all4free
Babsi
Ubetcha
Strawberry
BelgianBoy
Janey
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Egypt Faces The Future - Sunday 13th Feb - Page 5 Empty Re: Egypt Faces The Future - Sunday 13th Feb

Post by FoolOnTheHill Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:32 am

fingulas wrote:Ok, I've held off since I was roundly shouted down in the chat area but now it's time for some sober reflection:

The military is seizing control, suspending the constitution, dissolving the parliament and refusing to move swiftly to hold elections. In other words, it's a classic military coup.

ALL that the protesters have accomplished is to throw out two old men (one dying of cancer) and replace them with the establishment military elite.

Keep in mind Mubarak came from the military and took power in a coup. The military was the root source of his power and the power structure that runs Egypt's military is firmly in control.

The civilian power structures have been purged. Has the secret police (aka thugs) been purged as well? No?

The cynic in me says we're just seeing a new military junta forming and consolidating power just a Mubarak did 30 years ago.

Sources:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/13/egypt-military-rejects-swift-power-handover

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/is-the-army-tightening-its-grip-on-egypt-2213849.html
When it comes to cynicism, I am definitely with you. And this is why I did not get as exuberant as many of my friends here. (BTW, I just posted both of your articles on the permanent article page). Here are the things that have been worrying me:

The Global Elite [NWO/PTB/Bankster Cartel/whatever you want to call them] thrives on conflict/warfare and on suppressing populations. It's what they do. They have their people is almost every "terrorist" organization,often in leadership roles, often provocateuring terrorist events. A bit off-topic, and possibly of interest to our friends in the UK, check out this article: http://www.infowars.com/terrorist-who-trained-london-bombers-was-working-for-us-government/

The American government (totally under the control of NWO) had a heads up on this revolution and was able to meet with top Egyptian military before things started to role. Mubarak had already disappointed the NWO in several respects and was not going to stay quiet this time if they went after Iran.

The revolution itself went much longer than it should have. The military could have done their thing at any point. Why didn't they? Was it to take their time so that they could identify potential "trouble makers?"

For me, these are all significant but under-reported aspects to this whole revolution.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Egypt Faces The Future - Sunday 13th Feb - Page 5 Empty Re: Egypt Faces The Future - Sunday 13th Feb

Post by FoolOnTheHill Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 am

Mexico wrote:Pro-democracy protesters now claim they have 2 major demands not met by army: release of all political prisoners + lift emergency law #jan25
And those seem to me to be very huge demands. The situation with the unions and strikes/demonstrations is also problematic.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4