Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

+27
Dead Revolutionary
nicdeedoop
Claudia
Robert
Paddy
goodmockingbird
LS
Babsi
trudat
DoomFinch
Alaskan Girl
northerntomcat
Morgana
Muhajiir
Info.Dot
ZX12R
Limpan
fingulas
Godzilla85
Stealth521
cab123
Strawberry
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lime Flavoured
Lurker
Janey
31 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 11 Empty Re: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:The Libyan deputy foreign minister denies Gaddafi has fled the country, says Reuters

Well he would, wouldn't he lol.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 11 Empty Re: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

Post by Info.Dot Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:48 pm

BBC: "Eyewitnesseses are reporting what they call a "massacre" in the Fashloum and Tajoura districts of the Libyan capital Tripoli, AFP reports."
Info.Dot
Info.Dot

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Renewed bombardment from fighter jets on Jamhorie street in Tripoli/AJA
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
Alaskan Girl wrote:The Libyan deputy foreign minister denies Gaddafi has fled the country, says Reuters

Well he would, wouldn't he lol.

I think he's just crazy enough to think he's immortal enough to stay and rule some more.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Earth Cries wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:Alot of reports the pilots is Italian
Even eyewitnesses say they have seen star of david on some planes (israeli planes)/Caller to AJA from Tripoli

Israeli planes?? Uh Oh...that's not good.

Don't put any faith in that report. No way the Israelis would do such a thing. It would be tantamount to starting WWIII.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:55 pm

ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:
Even eyewitnesses say they have seen star of david on some planes (israeli planes)/Caller to AJA from Tripoli

Don't put any faith in that report. No way the Israelis would do such a thing. It would be tantamount to starting WWIII.

I agree, but I also wouldn't put very much past Israel.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 pm

SultanAlQassemi‎ It is almost Ten PM in Benghazi. Al Arabiya sources say Libyan Aircraft will begin bombing the city before midnight tonight.
Twitter - 1 minute ago
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:58 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:

Indeed. The Israelis are capable of doing some dastardly things, but doing bombing runs for Gadaffi is not one of them.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 pm

ZX12R wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:

Indeed. The Israelis are capable of doing some dastardly things, but doing bombing runs for Gadaffi is not one of them.

Not the Israeli government. There have been reports that some of the pilots are foreign mercenaries.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Janey,

It's 1:56 my time in the middle of the USA. I have just hung up the phone from calling the White House and completed an email to President Obama. I was given the phone number to call the State Department by the operator at the White House. State Department 202 647 4000.

I want to encourage everyone here watching, reading and lurking to call and ask President Obama to send in the Marines to stop the bloodbath happening in Tripoli.

God be with the people of Tripoli and all of Libya.

trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm

The problem is that there is no mandate for actually sending foreign troops to Libya, not without a UN resolution anyway. It would be against international law, and legally, an act of war against Gaddafi.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just why I doubt it will.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:

Not the Israeli government. There have been reports that some of the pilots are foreign mercenaries.

If you are suggesting Israeli pilots, it's still a ludicrous idea. Italians maybe, who are afraid of losing their oil supply, but it's most likely just rogues who are friends of the regime.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Thanks everybody for the updates...I've caught up, and I'm shocked about these events...it's absolutely cruel.

Report about the Israel planes I doubt it, it wouldn't serve them or make any sense. But I could see some evil scheme to paint the David Star on them to make it look as if those are planes from Israel to incite an attack on them. Somebody scheming WWIII ???

Very scary stuff - just called my friend, she just went to a wedding 2 months ago of her friend in Tripoli. I asked her if she is ok and she told me yes.

Gaddafi is crazy and he will not stop until everybody is dead - this I think will call for an international intervention if the bombing of civilians will continue. I just hope sooner than later, because this will escalate. Also worried in what level Egypt will be involved, I wouldn't put it past him to send jets over here and retaliate should Egypt take the side of the people. -.-
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm

I was wondering if Obama has made any comments today about the massacres that are taking place. Anyone heard anything from him? Any direct condemnation of Gadaffi?
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:The problem is that there is no mandate for actually sending foreign troops to Libya, not without a UN resolution anyway. It would be against international law, and legally, an act of war against Gaddafi.

Lime is right. Short of declaring war on Libya, there is nothing we can do.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by LS Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 pm

AJE just reported that the Italian Silvio Berlusconi has finally condemned Libya for the use of force.
LS
LS

Back to top Go down

Post by LS Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:09 pm

ZX12R wrote:I was wondering if Obama has made any comments today about the massacres that are taking place. Anyone heard anything from him? Any direct condemnation of Gadaffi?

Not a damn thing from the President! He needs to speak... NOW!
LS
LS

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Al Jazeera is allowing any networks to broadcast its material due to the deliberate scrambling of its signals by #Libya
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:The problem is that there is no mandate for actually sending foreign troops to Libya, not without a UN resolution anyway. It would be against international law, and legally, an act of war against Gaddafi.

US did it to "liberate" Afghanistan from taliban, and did it to "liberate" Iraq from Saddam...so why not now?
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Muhajiir wrote:
Alaskan Girl wrote:

US did it to "liberate" Afghanistan from taliban, and did it to "liberate" Iraq from Saddam...so why not now?

Neither of those were unilateral, and both had (in Iraq's case rather less) UN backing. Short of the UN meeting tonight and issuing a resolution (which isn't 100% impossible, just unlikely) there is no mandate.

Last edited by Lime Flavoured on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing h in the word short)

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Just catching up -- thanks to all for posting the shocking and tragic updates.

So much human loss and agony is a matter beyond words.

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 11 795266

Group Hug
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:14 pm

ZX12R wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:

Agreed, there is no gain for the Israelis to be involved in this in that way. Plus they got their hands full on all sides of their borders right nwo
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

He's already declared war on his own people, we just need to level the playing field in their favor
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by AC Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Hey Guys,
It is President's Day here in the USA. Both Obama and Biden are on 3 day vavations! They will not say or do anything. Plus I read that the Pilots are italian. Just my 2 cents.
Keep up the excellent reporting, you are heads above the rest! Thanx!

AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:17 pm

The images Aljazeera does not publish because of too graphic

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=203209353028633&oid=197898230226131&comments

Watch it all and you may never sleep again! pale
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next