Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

+27
Dead Revolutionary
nicdeedoop
Claudia
Robert
Paddy
goodmockingbird
LS
Babsi
trudat
DoomFinch
Alaskan Girl
northerntomcat
Morgana
Muhajiir
Info.Dot
ZX12R
Limpan
fingulas
Godzilla85
Stealth521
cab123
Strawberry
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lime Flavoured
Lurker
Janey
31 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 12 Empty Re: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:The problem is that there is no mandate for actually sending foreign troops to Libya, not without a UN resolution anyway. It would be against international law, and legally, an act of war against Gaddafi.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just why I doubt it will.

He's already declared war on his own people, we just need to level the playing field in their favor

Again, I agree 100%, but without the UN I don't think any country (certainly not the US, the last thing they need is to be seen acting unilaterally in the Middle East) would be willing to do anything. Now, if there were an independent Scotland, it might be a different matter Wink

Last edited by Lime Flavoured on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 12 Empty Re: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

Post by trudat Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Info.Dot wrote:
northerntomcat wrote:Photos from inside the Hopitals WARNING VERY VERY GRAPHIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFNmlGYmaeA

I did not dare to post this, WARNING VERY VERY GRAPHIC

Broken People pale Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 12 795266

Cannot view because you tube has deemed it too graffic for viewers too see.

Must truly be horrific detailing of the crimes of Ghadaffi's sons.
I am sure it will show up again on Live Leak of elsewhere.

Prayers to God Almighty for the people of Libya. Revolution clearly pits the people who want their freedom most against the whole world.
I salute your courage and conviction. Stay strong.

trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:
Alaskan Girl wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:The problem is that there is no mandate for actually sending foreign troops to Libya, not without a UN resolution anyway. It would be against international law, and legally, an act of war against Gaddafi.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just why I doubt it will.

Lime is right. Short of declaring war on Libya, there is nothing we can do.

US did it to "liberate" Afghanistan from Taliban, and did it to "liberate" Iraq from Saddam...so why not now?

Neither of those were unilateral, and both had (in Iraq's case rather less) UN backing. Short of the UN meeting tonight and issuing a resolution (which isn't 100% impossible, just unlikely) there is no mandate.

Muha,UN not US went Iraq after they invaded Kuwait, and Afghanistan after Taliban crossed INTNL. borders.US just heads up operations.
Both scenarios took weeks to develop and deploy.
Maybe things will go Much faster this time. I hope so
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by northerntomcat Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 pm

trudat wrote:
Info.Dot wrote:

Broken People pale Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 12 795266

Prayers to God Almighty for the people of Libya. Revolution clearly pits the people who want their freedom most against the whole world.

new link

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=203209353028633&oid=197898230226131&comments&ref=mf
northerntomcat
northerntomcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:30 pm

I assumed Muha was talking about Iraq '03, which was also done with a UN mandate (although one who's definition was perhaps stretched rather thin by the US / UK).

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Qardawi a prominent muslim scholar gives fatwa live on aljazeera: to the army of libya its a must and permissable to kill gaddafi!!

So a fatwa is issued against Gaddafi!
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Muhajiir wrote:Qardawi a prominent muslim scholar gives fatwa live on aljazeera: to the army of libya its a must and permissable to kill gaddafi!!

I don't see that affecting Gaddafi much, unless of course they do actually kill him
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Muhajiir wrote:Qardawi a prominent muslim scholar gives fatwa live on aljazeera: to the army of libya its a must and permissable to kill gaddafi!!

Clap
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Good hunting! I hope they get him quick. And his sons too.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Well done on their part, but as was said, that doesn't really help matters unless one of his inner circle decides to follow it.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:

Well done on their part, but as was said, that doesn't really help matters unless one of his inner circle decides to follow it.

Qardawi is very influential in muslim and arab world! he is the head of islamic scholars of the world...Gaddafi will not care but alot of the army might heed the fatwa!
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by DoomFinch Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Muhajiir wrote:The images Aljazeera does not publish because of too graphic

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=203209353028633&oid=197898230226131&comments

Watch it all and you may never sleep again! pale

Wow...goodbye lunch.

That is just horrible. Needs to be seen though.
DoomFinch
DoomFinch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Muhajiir wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:

Qardawi is very influential in muslim and arab world! he is the head of islamic scholars of the world...Gaddafi will not care but alot of the army might heed the fatwa!

That of course assumes that Gaddafi is even still in Libya.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

AC wrote:Hey Guys,
It is President's Day here in the USA. Both Obama and Biden are on 3 day vavations! They will not say or do anything. Plus I read that the Pilots are italian. Just my 2 cents.
Keep up the excellent reporting, you are heads above the rest! Thanx!

This is where Obama is

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com/t743-obama-accused-of-double-standards-as-family-are-pictured-skiing-just-days-after-telling-americans-to-sacrifice-their-own-holidays
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Info.Dot Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm

BBC: "It's well into the hours of darkness now in Libya, and the situation is reported to be extemely tense. From Tripoli, one eyewitness told the BBC that people there are expecting a major event tonight - "a final battle" were the words used."
Info.Dot
Info.Dot

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm

oh god, we are getting calls from benghazi: Military jets will arrive very shortly to bomb the city
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:45 pm

BREAKING: eye witness just in, foreign mercenaries are now back in Derna, all local women inside men are outside defending
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Strawberry wrote:
AC wrote:Hey Guys,
It is President's Day here in the USA. Both Obama and Biden are on 3 day vavations! They will not say or do anything. Plus I read that the Pilots are italian. Just my 2 cents.
Keep up the excellent reporting, you are heads above the rest! Thanx!

This is where Obama is

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com/t743-obama-accused-of-double-standards-as-family-are-pictured-skiing-just-days-after-telling-americans-to-sacrifice-their-own-holidays

Obama would get accused of "double standards" or not doing the right thing whatever he did.

Even if he were to order US forces to help the protesters they'd be people saying it's none of America's business and that he's just like Bush. If he does nothing then he's accused by much the same people of being a pussy.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by LS Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Per AJE --- New air strikes in town west of Tripoli.
LS
LS

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

northerntomcat wrote:
trudat wrote:
Info.Dot wrote:

SAw it. Takes me back to 1968 working at BAMC Fort Sam Houston, too many young men filling every bed in hospital compliments
of the war in Vietnam.

Video's a heart breaker. Power to the people of Libya. May they string up their oppressors by their heels and let them rot in the sun.

new link

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=203209353028633&oid=197898230226131&comments&ref=mf
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

BREAKING FROM BENGHAZI: Bomb threat may be a rumour but Benghazi is armed and ready.
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm

URGENT! Two military planes sent to Benghazi have landed in military airport refusing to bomb!
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:55 pm

once upon a time, there were useful organizations which had funny and short acronyms like UNO, NATO and so on... I wonder.... do these still exist nowadays? confused

Sad

Last edited by Lurker on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Muhajiir wrote:URGENT! Two military planes sent to Benghazi have landed in military airport refusing to bomb!

Aha! The problem is of course that unless they actually agree to defend the city in the event of them sending more loyal pilots and / or mercenaries they aren't much use.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next