Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

+24
Joe Bese
trudat
rbarreira
Claudia
Aetius Romulous
miamikat
Canuck36
Paddy
LewNi
Limpan
Godzilla85
Lurker
Muhajiir
Lime Flavoured
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Strawberry
Dragonin
lolita
Earth Cries
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
BelgianBoy
Janey
28 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 2 Empty Re: Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 am

Janey wrote:
BelgianBoy wrote:Are you bored or in a crappy mood? Cheer up. There's a third speech by Qaddafi coming soon, according to #Libya state TV

Aww Yeah

it is being billed as a "major announcement".

should read "manure announcement" Very Happy
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 2 Empty Re: Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 am

BreakingNews Breaking News
Ahmed Gadhaf al-Dam, cousin and close aide of Moammar Gadhafi, defects to Egypt; he cites 'violations to human rights' during crackdown - AP

Big deal: it's the paymaster of all those mercs.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:32 am

Janey wrote:NATO assessment, even if Gadaffi stands down now, Libya likely to fall further into civil war.

Reasoning? Discord between tribes? Foreign mercs?
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 am

BelgianBoy wrote:BreakingNews Breaking News
Ahmed Gadhaf al-Dam, cousin and close aide of Moammar Gadhafi, defects to Egypt; he cites 'violations to human rights' during crackdown - AP

Big deal: it's the paymaster of all those mercs.

we got it here first, see the top of the page Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 am

BelgianBoy wrote:
Janey wrote:NATO assessment, even if Gadaffi stands down now, Libya likely to fall further into civil war.

Reasoning? Discord between tribes? Foreign mercs?

the feedback is that even towns now falling to protesters are becoming anarchic. There has been no civil arrangements as we saw in Egypt. Basically, once the rebels have taken over, a couple of days later they have all started to fight amongst themselves. Not just tribes, but dissent within tribes. They are creating militias within militias and starting to turn on each other now.

These towns are not falling Egypt style with people organising things. It is increasing the violence.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:36 am

BREAKING: 8 members of the Yemeni parliament quit, calling for democracy
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 am

Gadaffi believed to have left Tripoli and moved west 40kms to Zawhia
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 am

Yea I just read an article stating the same thing.
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:39 am

Janey wrote:BREAKING: 8 members of the Yemeni parliament quit, calling for democracy

Now that is interesting!

Can't find any figures on the parliament. How large is it? Party affiliations or anything?

Apparently it is old news:

Severn Parliament Members Resign from the Ruling Party in Protest of Current Crisis in Yemen

http://yemenpost.net/Detail123456789.aspx?ID=3&SubID=3176

1 other today and that makes 8.

Last edited by Dead Revolutionary on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:41 am

Dead Revolutionary wrote:
Janey wrote:BREAKING: 8 members of the Yemeni parliament quit, calling for democracy

Now that is interesting!

Can't find any figures on the parliament. How large is it? Party affiliations or anything?

I will try and find out for you. I am not a political journalist, so have no clue Smile Just call me Mrs Military Wink I will try and get info
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:44 am

Janey wrote:

Now that is interesting!

I will try and find out for you. I am not a political journalist, so have no clue Smile Just call me Mrs Military Wink I will try and get info

Will do!

And I shouldn't have been so quick to ask, I do that a lot here, and should have tried to dig. The 7 from yesterday were part of the ruling party!

You know what sorry. The 8th resignation was actually the first. The article I read was updated 19 minutes ago, not first posted. So they all resigned on Wednesday. The first resignation was from this guy: Faud Dhaba, the MP is a member of the Islamic party, Islah, and is considered the first Yemeni parliament member to resign from the House of Representatives.

http://yemenpost.net/Detail123456789.aspx?ID=3&SubID=3181
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:48 am

1:31pm Saudi Arabia says it is "ready and willing" to make up for any shortfall in oil production caused by the uprising in Libya, says Reuters.

1:23pm Several reported dead in the latest attack on Misurata, Reuters reports.

1:15pm A cousin of Gaddafi, and one of his closest aides, has arrived in Cairo. Gadhaf al-Dam says the crackdown has seen "grave violations to human right and human and international laws", AP reports.

1:11pm Gaddafi forces attack crowds near Misurata, which was earlier reported to have been taken over by protesters, eyewitnesses tell Reuters.

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/africa/2011/02/23/live-blog-libya-feb-24
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 am

Good morning, all. Looks to be another busy, nerve wracking day.

RT @bencnn: Libyan Air Force pilot tells me that a colleague in base near #Tripoli says pilots executed for refusing regime orders. #cnn #Libya #feb17

RT @bencnn: Libyan Air Force pilot tells me that a colleague in base near #Tripoli says pilots executed for refusing regime orders. #cnn #Libya #feb17

Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 am

Janey wrote:

Now that is interesting!

Will do!

And I shouldn't have been so quick to ask, I do that a lot here, and should have tried to dig. The 7 from yesterday were part of the ruling party!

You know what sorry. The 8th resignation was actually the first. The article I read was updated 19 minutes ago, not first posted. So they all resigned on Wednesday. The first resignation was from this guy: Faud Dhaba, the MP is a member of the Islamic party, Islah, and is considered the first Yemeni parliament member to resign from the House of Representatives.

http://yemenpost.net/Detail123456789.aspx?ID=3&SubID=3181

just you go right ahead and ask, that is a large part of what we are about here. I will always try and help and so will the great members here. That is one of the things I love, how we all research together.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 am

BREAKING

HMS Cumberland about to arrive at Benghazi for evacuations, despite official port closure!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:57 am

Cumberland docking in the next 20 mins
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by lolita Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 am

Janey, Russia is renovating the tunnel linking Georgia and Russia...

Little Saakasvilli is pissing his pants... Any ``military`` move from Russia in that area?

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 am

Private source: Action militaire envisagée en cas de besoin pour rapatriement des étrangers

EU could go to military action.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Private source: Action militaire envisagée en cas de besoin pour rapatriement des étrangers

watch your screens today as there will be huge amounts happening. Dont forget to watch here too. I am not going to say further as you know my policy on loose lips!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 am

lolita wrote:Janey, Russia is renovating the tunnel linking Georgia and Russia...

Little Saakasvilli is pissing his pants... Any ``military`` move from Russia in that area?

nothing obvious from Russia although the Georgians have raised their state of alert over fears of unrest since the Middle East flared up
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:13 am

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 2 464982 Busy day ahead...

All kinds of things happening today, glad you don't have loose lips, Janey!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships (circa: WWII)

Popcorn
Dragonin
Dragonin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Are you bored or in a crappy mood? Cheer up. There's a third speech by Qaddafi coming soon, according to #Libya state TV

Aww Yeah

Morning/afternoon JediJaney and all sunny

You are funny Belgian Boy.

Watching Gadaffi speaches makes me feel so sane and Im not lol
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 am

I agree Strawberry...I felt like I was on the insane side, not anymore!!!
Dragonin
Dragonin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 am

Janey wrote:Cumberland docking in the next 20 mins

Cumberland makes me feel so hungry for sausage Wink
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 am

Janey wrote:
BelgianBoy wrote:Private source: Action militaire envisagée en cas de besoin pour rapatriement des étrangers

watch your screens today as there will be huge amounts happening. Dont forget to watch here too. I am not going to say further as you know my policy on loose lips!

MURA'S opinion may play out from last night.

cab123 wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:
cab123 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
The rumours of Serbian mercenaries don't sound good. I'd be more scared of them than the African guys that's for sure.

Nothing the 101st Airborne or the Desert Rats couldn't handle of course, but it remains to be seen if it'll come to that.

Lime,I find it hard to believe no US or UK boots are on the ground at this time.advanced recon at min.Way to many Int.civiians in close proximity of trouble not to be.
Muha's a good analyst,hope he sees this.

I heard about Serbian merceneris the first day, and if thats the case, its going to be a loong hard fight for Tripoli...as it seems now a war between people/army against Revolution guards/merceneries...thats IF army and people from the east moves to tripoli, else we will have two states in full blown war in a couple of month!

Thats if US keeps its soldiers out, if US soldiers moves in then the revolution will have failed and a forgein country have made a coup, and it will stop ALL revolutions in Middle east and turn the goverments of middle east against US

Muha, I love your views,But what about forign citizens?not a good situation.

Forgein citizens will be in the crossfire, gaddafi will hunt them and people protect them, the brave of the forgeiners will try to evac thru Egypt broder with help of the tribal people, the less brave will be protected by tribal people and those in tripoli will get arrested by gaddafi...thats my view
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next