Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

+24
Joe Bese
trudat
rbarreira
Claudia
Aetius Romulous
miamikat
Canuck36
Paddy
LewNi
Limpan
Godzilla85
Lurker
Muhajiir
Lime Flavoured
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Strawberry
Dragonin
lolita
Earth Cries
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
BelgianBoy
Janey
28 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 3 Empty Re: Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

Post by ZX12R Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Are you bored or in a crappy mood? Cheer up. There's a third speech by Qaddafi coming soon, according to #Libya state TV

Aww Yeah

That is entertainment at it's best. Can't wait to hear the mad dog's latest ramblings.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 3 Empty Re: Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

Post by lolita Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:21 am

Janey wrote:
lolita wrote:Janey, Russia is renovating the tunnel linking Georgia and Russia...

Little Saakasvilli is pissing his pants... Any ``military`` move from Russia in that area?

nothing obvious from Russia although the Georgians have raised their state of alert over fears of unrest since the Middle East flared up
Thanks.

lolita

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonin Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 am

Did I break it? Uh Oh
Dragonin
Dragonin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:28 am

2:11pm Another caller from Misurata tells Al Jazeera that up to 1,000 members of Gaddafi forces - the "Hamza Brigade" - mounted an attack on protesters near the city's airport and were repelled, but later launched an attack on the centre of the city, and fighting continues. He says anti-Gaddafi protesters are holding their ground.

2:07pm Chinese citizens fleeing across the border into Tunisia confirm to Al Jazeera's Nazanine Moshiri in Ras Ajdir that there was fighting in the nearby Libyan cities of Az Zawiyah and Zuwarah.

2:01pm Miftah Mohamed, a caller from Misurata, tells Al Jazeera "the revolutionary forces have driven Gaddafi's forces from Misurata".

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/africa/2011/02/23/live-blog-libya-feb-24
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 am

cab123 wrote:
Janey wrote:
BelgianBoy wrote:Private source: Action militaire envisagée en cas de besoin pour rapatriement des étrangers

EU could go to military action.

watch your screens today as there will be huge amounts happening. Dont forget to watch here too. I am not going to say further as you know my policy on loose lips!

MURA'S opinion may play out from last night.

cab123 wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:
cab123 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
The rumours of Serbian mercenaries don't sound good. I'd be more scared of them than the African guys that's for sure.

Nothing the 101st Airborne or the Desert Rats couldn't handle of course, but it remains to be seen if it'll come to that.

Lime,I find it hard to believe no US or UK boots are on the ground at this time.advanced recon at min.Way to many Int.civiians in close proximity of trouble not to be.
Muha's a good analyst,hope he sees this.

I heard about Serbian merceneris the first day, and if thats the case, its going to be a loong hard fight for Tripoli...as it seems now a war between people/army against Revolution guards/merceneries...thats IF army and people from the east moves to tripoli, else we will have two states in full blown war in a couple of month!

Thats if US keeps its soldiers out, if US soldiers moves in then the revolution will have failed and a forgein country have made a coup, and it will stop ALL revolutions in Middle east and turn the goverments of middle east against US

Muha, I love your views,But what about forign citizens?not a good situation.

Forgein citizens will be in the crossfire, gaddafi will hunt them and people protect them, the brave of the forgeiners will try to evac thru Egypt broder with help of the tribal people, the less brave will be protected by tribal people and those in tripoli will get arrested by gaddafi...thats my view

no US boots on the ground, yet!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 am

As much as I would like to say "good" -morning/ -afternoon to all, it is shaping up to be a day of anguish for the innocent people of western Libya.

So here is a 'best wishes to all', as I come on board to catch up on the harrowing events.

*gulp*

Shocked
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 am

goodmockingbird wrote:As much as I would like to say "good" -morning/ -afternoon to all, it is shaping up to be a day of anguish for the innocent people of western Libya.

So here is a 'best wishes to all', as I come on board to catch up on the harrowing events.

*gulp*

Shocked

Yeah, things could get nasty today. I'll try to keep online as much as I can, but I have a university lecture from 3-4 (knowing me, that'll be when the shit kicks off lol)

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 am

Has the Cumberland docked yet?

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 am

no US boots on the ground, yet![/quote]

Thank You, Hugs
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:Has the Cumberland docked yet?

minutes away I am told
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 am

cab123 wrote:no US boots on the ground, yet!

Thank You, Hugs [/quote]

emphasis on the term US Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:37 am

Janey wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:Has the Cumberland docked yet?

minutes away I am told

It'll be interesting to see if there is any resistance to that (I can't see it, but you never know).

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:38 am

Morning Straw Lime Z everybody,

Lime busy day ahead in Libya. affraid
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:40 am

latest: US military now preparing "options" for coordinated military effort in Libya
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:40 am

cab123 wrote:Morning Straw Lime Z everybody,

Yeah, it could get interesting (In the Chinese sense).

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:41 am

latest: Gadaffi has now labelled western journalists in Libya as Al Qaeda agents and will treat them accordingly
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 am

Janey wrote:

Thank You, Hugs

emphasis on the term US Smile[/quote]

we had our hunchs lastnite. Side note Janey any word on US evac. Tripoli docks, AP stopped thier updates 2hr.'s ago?
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 am

Janey wrote:latest: Gadaffi has now labelled western journalists in Libya as Al Qaeda agents and will treat them accordingly

Killing journalists isn't going to do him much good I don't think.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 am

cab123 wrote:
Janey wrote:

Thank You, Hugs

emphasis on the term US Smile

we had our hunchs lastnite. Side note Janey any word on US evac. Tripoli docks, AP stopped thier updates 2hr.'s ago?[/quote]

there is a US sponsored ferry in Tripoli docks but they are saying it will not leave until Friday due to heavy seas.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:45 am

Never mind Janey,
I see it now,just gona follow ur posts.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:46 am

Janey wrote:latest: US military now preparing "options" for coordinated military effort in Libya

I wonder if that refers to a NATO backed operation, or a U.S. unilateral operation? I'd be really surprised if it were the latter.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 am

ZX12R wrote:
Janey wrote:latest: US military now preparing "options" for coordinated military effort in Libya

I wonder if that refers to a NATO backed operation, or a U.S. unilateral operation? I'd be really surprised if it were the latter.

I'm guessing it would be NATO. I can't see the US doing it alone, that wouldn't be wise.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 am

Z alot being said between the lines on this page Very Happy
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:51 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:
ZX12R wrote:

I'm guessing it would be NATO. I can't see the US doing it alone, that wouldn't be wise.

NATO

I tell you what would be interesting if the US navy was able to provide AWACS cover painting the landscape over Libya to help others out.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:53 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:
cab123 wrote:Morning Straw Lime Z everybody,

Yeah, it could get interesting (In the Chinese sense).
Sry Lime just saw this. ^^^^^^^^^ as in firedrill?
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next