Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

+24
Joe Bese
trudat
rbarreira
Claudia
Aetius Romulous
miamikat
Canuck36
Paddy
LewNi
Limpan
Godzilla85
Lurker
Muhajiir
Lime Flavoured
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Strawberry
Dragonin
lolita
Earth Cries
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
BelgianBoy
Janey
28 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 19 Empty Re: Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:09 pm

just on Sky News, Steve Denton, Captain of HMS Cumberland when asked if they picked up foreigners in addition to British nationals

"We didn't leave anyone on the jetty who wanted to travel"

good for him!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 19 Empty Re: Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb

Post by Godzilla85 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:10 pm

cab123 wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
BelgianBoy wrote:zerohedge zerohedge
Rumor update: It was a botox shot.

Lips or buttocks?

not right u2. but funny cheers

I don't think there is enough botox in the world to help him with his face
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Janey wrote:just on Sky News, Steve Denton, Captain of HMS Cumberland when asked if they picked up foreigners in addition to British nationals

"We didn't leave anyone on the jetty who wanted to travel"

good for him!

Yeah that's cool, kudoos to the Brits on that
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Libya Crisis - NATO Special Forces Poised for Deployment - Thurs 24 Feb - Page 19 Empty Dunno

Post by US Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 pm

"US statement says no evidence of death of Gadaffi, believed to be untrue"

Sorry, but US statements are not reliable.

US

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 pm

#Gaddafi has sent 1,000 loyalist soldiers into #Misurata to reclaim the city. Protesters are defiantly standing their ground. #Libya

Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
cab123 wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
BelgianBoy wrote:zerohedge zerohedge
Rumor update: It was a botox shot.

Lips or buttocks?

not right u2. but funny cheers

I don't think there is enough botox in the world to help him with his face

He would have to stand on the beach during a land falling hurricane to smooth out those wrinkles. And he'd still be ugly as sin.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

US wrote:"US statement says no evidence of death of Gadaffi, believed to be untrue"

I think it's reliable that there's no evidence. Otherwise you're correct.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

US wrote:"US statement says no evidence of death of Gadaffi, believed to be untrue"

I am not commenting on the veracity Smile I just cover reports from all angles without bias
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes, I'll wait for Debka.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Maybe someone here in who is in England and has a twitter account can help this man:

Rehab_Elbakry ‎ Can anyone in London please help. I urgently need a phone # for Gatwick airport to check if my father left Libya. # on site not working.
Twitter - 1 minute ago

goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 pm

[quote="Janey (
be careful on that, the "liberated" areas are just as hostile to us. It is not all roses over there. Gangs are roaming the streets and civil fighting is happening between groups. This is why the military believe that even if Gadaffi is toppled the civil war will continue. There are lots and lots of factions doing their thing now, all of them not friendly to the west at this time.[/quote]

Post-colonial Africa

African states have frequently been hampered by instability, corruption, violence, and authoritarianism. The vast majority of African states are republics that operate under some form of the presidential system of rule. However, few of them have been able to sustain democratic governments on a permanent basis, and many have instead cycled through a series of coups, producing military dictatorships.
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa

excellent info

Last edited by cab123 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm

a further reminder to the new people on this thread. Please vote and comment here, it is important to us.

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com/t832-input-for-new-site-theme

Also welcome to the small army of guests we have with us right now. You are very welcome here. Feel free to vote too Smile

Thank you also for all the posters in this thread, you are doing a great job!
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Janey wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
Janey wrote:
I am not worried to be honest, the military gameplan is not to leave Gadaffi with any control anywhere

Not a surprising plan to be honest, but obviously Muja worry is that it turns into another Iraq type situation.

yes we totally mishandled Iraq. From my knowledge there is no plan to mount any sort of invasion of Libya or any followup occupation. It is purely get people out and deal with any threats

To secure their people is 100% legitmate and that I agree with, I don't agree with boots on the ground or bombing of gaddafis palace by Forgein forces...the revolution must be the peoples, and everything points to Gaddafis use of force is finished...only small pockets of revolution guards and merceneries left....Almost all of the army on peoples side, and today very high ranking officials and allies to Gaddafi did quit...so its almost over and forgein interference would kidnapp the revolution from the people!
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:19 pm

StateDept‎ There are 285 people on the ferry awaiting departure from #Libya: 167 U.S. citizens and 118 international citizens. #StateBrief
Twitter - seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Muhajiir wrote:
Janey wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
Janey wrote:
I am not worried to be honest, the military gameplan is not to leave Gadaffi with any control anywhere

Not a surprising plan to be honest, but obviously Muja worry is that it turns into another Iraq type situation.

yes we totally mishandled Iraq. From my knowledge there is no plan to mount any sort of invasion of Libya or any followup occupation. It is purely get people out and deal with any threats

To secure their people is 100% legitmate and that I agree with, I don't agree with boots on the ground or bombing of gaddafis palace by Forgein forces...the revolution must be the peoples, and everything points to Gaddafis use of force is finished...only small pockets of revolution guards and merceneries left....Almost all of the army on peoples side, and today very high ranking officials and allies to Gaddafi did quit...so its almost over and forgein interference would kidnapp the revolution from the people!

I have not seen any talk of bombing the palace. I have no problems though with boots on the ground if that is needed to rescue people. Whatever they need to do to get people out is fine by me
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

A little more humor for you:

Saudi Arabian King To Populace: 'Don't Even Think About It'

http://www.theonion.com/articles/saudi-arabian-king-to-populace-dont-even-think-abo,19302/
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Muhajiir wrote:
Janey wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
Janey wrote:

Yes Muh, you are right. This is Libya's war. That's why foreigners must be removed immediately . If, for any reason, anyone in Libya starts butchering the men, women and children of 36 or more other countries, it will become everyones war and fast.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:StateDept‎ There are 285 people on the ferry awaiting departure from #Libya: 167 U.S. citizens and 118 international citizens. #StateBrief
Twitter - seconds ago
Bird I'm confused,reports for 2 days said 2 ships and 600 US at Tripoli port. Did info change or 1 ship leave?
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Joe Bese wrote:A little more humor for you:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/saudi-arabian-king-to-populace-dont-even-think-abo,19302/

Good one Joe!
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm

cab123 wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:StateDept‎ There are 285 people on the ferry awaiting departure from #Libya: 167 U.S. citizens and 118 international citizens. #StateBrief
Twitter - seconds ago
Bird I'm confused,reports for 2 days said 2 ships and 600 US at Tripoli port. Did info change or 1 ship leave?

scratch

Math never was my best subject.

Your guess is as good as mine. I just grab interesting looking posts and drop them off here.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:28 pm

“Gaddafi’s days are numbered. He will do what Hitler did — he will take his own life,” former Justice Minister Mustafa Mohamed Abud Al Jeleil told Expressen in an interview in Al Bayda.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by miamikat Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Joe Bese wrote:A little more humor for you:

source is the onion... its known to make false news reports mang. unless you posted it to be sarcastic.

also north korea runs out of food in june.. and ROK,USA,CCP will not give it food aid.. wonder what will happen srs.

Last edited by miamikat on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

miamikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:29 pm

'Liberated' from Gaddafi, Libyan city of Tobruk constructs committees for order

TOBRUK, LIBYA - Two men, one in a camouflage jacket and cap, the other in civilian clothes, man a makeshift checkpoint outside an oil terminal on the outskirts of this coastal city in Libya's northeast.

At the entrance to the facility, another group of men, also in plain clothes, stand guard, checking the credentials of anybody who wants to enter. All are civilians and belong to committees the city's residents have formed since Tobruk was "liberated" from the grip of Moammar Gaddafi's regime as a popular uprising swept across his wealthy, oil-producing country....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/24/AR2011022404507.html
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by fingulas Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:30 pm

By June the ROK and friends might not be ABLE to give them food, the way oil is heading.

fingulas

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:30 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:
cab123 wrote:
Twitter - seconds ago

scratch

Math never was my best subject.

Your guess is as good as mine. I just grab interesting looking posts and drop them off here.

British ship Cumberland has left.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next