Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

+24
Morgana
Babsi
Alaskan Girl
Aetius Romulous
Claudia
LewNi
Paddy
cbfunk
Muhajiir
nicdeedoop
flick
goodmockingbird
trudat
Godzilla85
Strawberry
Lime Flavoured
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lurker
Limpan
LLL
Dragonin
cab123
Janey
28 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 14 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:14 pm

snippets:

African fighters vow to support Gadhafi to the end

(AP) BAMAKO, Mali (AP) — His allies and even his own diplomats are abandoning him, but African fighters are pledging to defend embattled Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi "to the end."

Many young citizens of Mali and Niger who flocked to Libya in the 1970s and 1980s were ethnic Tuaregs and were recruited into an "Islamic Legion" modeled on the French Foreign Legion.

A Tuareg politician in Mali said he believes 16,000 Tuareg remain in the Libyan security forces, based in Tripoli and Sabha but not in Benghazi, a major city that has broken away from Gadhafi's rule.

He said Gadhafi has a long history of destabilizing Africa and supported militant groups in Chad and Sudan's Darfur region.

"He's a spoiler," Baldo said. "But he was also trying to put out fires — sometimes ones he started himself.

There is now worry in other African nations about what might happen if Gadhafi falls, and the hired guns come home.

"If these men, well armed, come back to Mali and Niger, that is going to create a very unstable situation," Assaleh said.

full:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/26/ap/world/main20036782.shtml

Last edited by Lurker on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 14 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Gadaffi allegedly "furious" that UK forces entered and left Libya in secrecy
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Babsi wrote:
cab123 wrote:
Babsi wrote:
Janey wrote:BRITISH EMBASSY NOW EVACUATING STAFF WITH MILITARY ASSISTANCE

WOW - as I read this, just heard Breaking News on AJE that the British Embassy has temporarily closed now. Means they have evacuated everybody now? Usually they don't close/evacuate before then.

babsi ,if it'b any consolation to you,3 Egyptin Air flights on radar between Malta and Tripoli heading S/SE Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 14 65547 prbly,

Thank you, that's good to know, lets hope they don't turn around again. A dear friend of mine is concerned about her friend, she didn't hear from her in 3 days. She just attended her wedding in Tripoli 3 months ago. We are guessing/hoping she is at the airport with her husband.
I hope everybody can get out, I fear a last desperate brutal stand from the Ghadafi regime and there may be intervention soon from the UK and other european countries by the way this looks.

babsi I'll try my best,I'm new at this radar site and they have a 50-100 mile blackout N of tripiloi and no coverage inland,so it's hard to
tell what going on. Glad ur well,stay that way Hugs
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Janey wrote:Gadaffi allegedly "furious" that UK forces entered and left Libya in secrecy

uh oh Uh Oh
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Janey wrote:Gadaffi allegedly "furious" that UK forces entered and left Libya in secrecy

Not that surprising, but not a lot he can do about it now. Not to the British anyway =/

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm

just great!

Enoughgaddafi:
African' mercenary image must be broken, #libya cannot let #gaddafi create division with its brethren to south
The uprisings not only arab but african, one struggle with our brothers throughout africa regardless of origins of mercenaries
not all mercenaries from african countries, besides the biggest killers have been #libyans loyal to regime

Group Hug
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 pm

On one hand that gives me satisfaction and on the other hand I wonder if that's a good thing to make a psychopath "furious". UK is out, but what about the rest? I wonder if that will make him retaliate in any way horrific Sad
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Wow...probs today with the forum, that was a double post, sorry.

Btw Janey - you rock

Bang your head

Last edited by Babsi on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:25 pm

confirmation that special forces met no resistance at rescue mission assembly points
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Babsi wrote:

On one hand that gives me satisfaction and on the other hand I wonder if that's a good thing to make a psychopath "furious". UK is out, but what about the rest? I wonder if that will make him retaliate in any way horrific Sad

hey Babsi, good to see you!

Dont worry this had been factored. The rescue mission is not UK only and involves many nations including plans for all scenarios of how Gadaffi may respond
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Babsi wrote:

Wow...probs today with the forum, that was a double post, sorry.

Btw Janey - you rock

Bang your head

thanks Babsi! John tells me I rock my socks Wink
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Janey wrote:
Babsi wrote:

Dont worry this had been factored. The rescue mission is not UK only and involves many nations including plans for all scenarios of how Gadaffi may respond

Any news on the 3 german war ships? Are they still in Malta? Lets hope Europe kicks his ( l ) if he does anything worse

Gotta go for a while - need to feed ourselves here Wink
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Do not be surprised if Gaddafi's inner circle just sort of curl up and get incoherently incapacitated from some sort of mysterious health problems, so strange and sudden in its onset they don't even know it is happening.

Even the most elaborate bunkers require air ventilation.

Whimper, not bang = Good.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Babsi wrote:
Janey wrote:
Babsi wrote:

Any news on the 3 german war ships? Are they still in Malta? Lets hope Europe kicks his ( l ) if he does anything worse

Gotta go for a while - need to feed ourselves here Wink

they are just off the coast and prepared for any contingency
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:33 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:Do not be surprised if Gaddafi's inner circle just sort of curl up and get incoherently incapacitated from some sort of mysterious health problems, so strange and sudden in its onset they don't even know it is happening.

Even the most elaborate bunkers require air ventilation.

Whimper, not bang = Good.

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 14 Damnedq

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm

just a reminder for those who have not voted or shared an opinion, please help me out and do so here

https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com/t832-input-for-new-site-theme
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:36 pm

this alludes to what I have been saying about multiple countries working together-

The dramatic evacuation came as Britain worked with international partners on a co-ordinated rescue mission for the last foreign nationals stranded in the North African state amid fast-deteriorating security conditions. - Press Association

Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Elbaghdadi:
Got some amazing news from Misurata. Dying to tell you but rather not let it out until it's past. Don't wanna mess things up.

hmmm cheers ? Very Happy
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:44 pm

just to give you some figures on the rescue.

12 SAS and 8 SBS commandos came in overland and secured landing sites for the Hercules transports. Those Hercs too had special forces aboard in case a firefight broke out.

However, the incredible part of the story is the 20 commandoes that infiltrated in from the coast overland and completely undetected, covering hundreds of miles of desert!

Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by norse Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/02/26/libya.html

Here is some news from Canada . You are doing an A1 job Janey!!

Beginning of Story Content

Canada has suspended diplomatic relations with Libya and evacuated its ambassador and all staff from the strife-torn North African country.

A Canadian C-17 Globemaster aircraft left Libya on Saturday carrying 46 evacuees, including 24 Canadian citizens, the Prime Minister's Office said in a briefing. The aircraft was due to arrive in Malta later in the day.
norse
norse

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Janey wrote:just to give you some figures on the rescue.

12 SAS and 8 SBS commandos came in overland and secured landing sites for the Hercules transports. Those Hercs too had special forces aboard in case a firefight broke out.

However, the incredible part of the story is the 20 commandoes that infiltrated in from the coast overland and completely undetected, covering hundreds of miles of desert!

that's impressive.....give it up for the SAS!!! Clap
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Janey wrote:However, the incredible part of the story is the 20 commandoes that infiltrated in from the coast overland and completely undetected, covering hundreds of miles of desert!

The SAS and SBS are amazing.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Your socks rock and those boys rock!!! Cheer
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:48 pm

norse wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/02/26/libya.html

Here is some news from Canada . You are doing an A1 job Janey!!

Beginning of Story Content

Canada has suspended diplomatic relations with Libya and evacuated its ambassador and all staff from the strife-torn North African country.

A Canadian C-17 Globemaster aircraft left Libya on Saturday carrying 46 evacuees, including 24 Canadian citizens, the Prime Minister's Office said in a briefing. The aircraft was due to arrive in Malta later in the day.

great to see Canada getting people out! I know that this was also coordinated with other countries. It is great to see the community working together on these rescues
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 pm

whoa..sounds cool... how many men had those commandos? they are a handful to max. a dozen men or?
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next