Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

+24
Morgana
Babsi
Alaskan Girl
Aetius Romulous
Claudia
LewNi
Paddy
cbfunk
Muhajiir
nicdeedoop
flick
goodmockingbird
trudat
Godzilla85
Strawberry
Lime Flavoured
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lurker
Limpan
LLL
Dragonin
cab123
Janey
28 posters

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 15 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Lurker wrote:
Janey wrote:just to give you some figures on the rescue.

12 SAS and 8 SBS commandos came in overland and secured landing sites for the Hercules transports. Those Hercs too had special forces aboard in case a firefight broke out.

However, the incredible part of the story is the 20 commandoes that infiltrated in from the coast overland and completely undetected, covering hundreds of miles of desert!

whoa..sounds cool... how many men had those commandos? they are a handful to max. a dozen men or?

they tend to work in groups of 4 called sabre teams, but in this case they used 20 on that particular mission
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 15 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:52 pm

okeydokey, thanks Smile
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Janey is it safe to say that US Navy Seals are probaby in theatre right now?
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Janey wrote:this alludes to what I have been saying about multiple countries working together-

The dramatic evacuation came as Britain worked with international partners on a co-ordinated rescue mission for the last foreign nationals stranded in the North African state amid fast-deteriorating security conditions. - Press Association

While people are picturing in their minds teams of brawny British and American guys, I am expecting to find out that the teams actually consist of a pretty wacky ethnic mix -- with probably at least half the team members of Arab heritage -- mixed up with Nepali, Chinese, Indian, South African and a whole polyglot array -- perhaps under the nominal leadership of some wiry, scrawny guy of indescernable heritage who speaks 6 different languages and looks like an accountant.

The machinery and technical skills they use may look like something out of a movie, but the people themselves... generally don't.

goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:Janey is it safe to say that US Navy Seals are probaby in theatre right now?

absolutely no comment Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Janey wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:Janey is it safe to say that US Navy Seals are probaby in theatre right now?

absolutely no comment Smile

LOL spoken like a true grunt Razz
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:57 pm

BREAKING; EX Justice Minister to form new government in Benghazi
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Janey wrote:BREAKING; EX Justice Minister to form new government in Benghazi

Now this is interesting. If he can pull together a legitimate coalition that appears moderate, representative, stable, and feasible, they may then take the obvious step of asking for international recognition...which would then change the political metrics on their head.
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Interesting. If there are two different governments then by definition it's a civil war.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:01 pm

Probably. Somebody's got to pick up the beer cans left behind by the US Army Special Forces.

Wink

Maybe I better shut up and let Janey answer the questions.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:
Janey wrote:this alludes to what I have been saying about multiple countries working together-

The dramatic evacuation came as Britain worked with international partners on a co-ordinated rescue mission for the last foreign nationals stranded in the North African state amid fast-deteriorating security conditions. - Press Association

While people are picturing in their minds teams of brawny British and American guys, I am expecting to find out that the teams actually consist of a pretty wacky ethnic mix -- with probably at least half the team members of Arab heritage -- mixed up with Nepali, Chinese, Indian, South African and a whole polyglot array -- perhaps under the nominal leadership of some wiry, scrawny guy of indescernable heritage who speaks 6 different languages and looks like an accountant.

The machinery and technical skills they use may look like something out of a movie, but the people themselves... generally don't.

yes that is absolutely how it is in real life. The stereotypes of the movies are completely different from the real special forces. I served in special forces which highlights the point. They dont expect petite women either Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Oh, Mbird! Thems fightin words Suspect

Just messin, Group Hug
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:03 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:

Probably. Somebody's got to pick up the beer cans left behind by the US Army Special Forces.

Wink

Maybe I better shut up and let Janey answer the questions.

you know special forces so well Smile
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:03 pm

That will be civil war, and if they get international recognistion then its going to be a full scale war...
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:06 pm

LewNi wrote:Oh, Mbird! Thems fightin words Suspect

Just messin, Group Hug

I just had to tease Zilla.

By the time anyone has even formed the question in his mind whether Navy SEALs are involved, the SEALs have probably already come, done their job, and gone.

goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:08 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:

Just messin, Group Hug

By the time anyone has even formed the question in his mind whether Navy SEALs are involved, the SEALs have probably already come, done their job, and gone.

Oh I know, I am surprised he didn't say anything.

You trying to behave Zilla? feeling ok?
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:08 pm

I love the footage of Saifs speech on CNN international lol!

the translator is speaking in broken sentences, half words.. while we see Saif sitting and speaking.. then the picture cuts for less than a sec. to a very confused looking interviewer Very Happy
then they directly cut to the CNN host Very Happy who doesnt say one interesting word about the interview lol!

and then they go on to other news/people on the phone who all seem way more interesting for CNN Very Happy

that speaks volumes Very Happy

"nobody gives a damn anymore what you or your daddy have to say" lol!

Last edited by Lurker on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:09 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:

Just messin, Group Hug

I ask only cuz my retired SEAL buds won't tell me nothing. All they ever say is that they've done their duty for God and country
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:10 pm

If you want to know what the nutjob saif al islam, Gadafi' son is up to you can keep track of
his steady stream of twitters at this link:

http://twitter.com/#!/sultanalqassemi

Makes for interesting reading if you are studying psychopathic murders who are completely
out of control or perhaps trying to keep track of the propaganda issuing from his yob.
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:

Just messin, Group Hug

I ask only cuz my retired SEAL buds won't tell me nothing. All they ever say is that they've done their duty for God and country

good on them! For what it is worth I always found your navy seals to be very courteous
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 pm

I think it will be interesting to see how long Saif's phone stays in operation.
Might be one of the first clues to his demise.
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Janey wrote:
Godzilla85 wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:

Just messin, Group Hug

good on them! For what it is worth I always found your navy seals to be very courteous

good for them of course but sucks for me.....if it weren't for health reasons I'd be all up in that
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:17 pm

video of an 8 year old girl in the hospital

attacked by mercenaries, shot in the leg Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 15 795266

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=114848258589800&oid=197898230226131&comments

Last edited by Lurker on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Lurker wrote:8 year old girl (injured leg it looks) in the hospital

attacked by mercenaries Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 15 795266

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=114848258589800&oid=197898230226131&comments

I can understand adults like men with weapons, why kids though, what the hell did those kids ever do for them to feel they needed to shoot them.
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:25 pm

AhmedZaki4: Breaking: Eyewitness: Fierce battles between rebels and Qaddafi's Mercenaries in Tripoli now.
4 minutes ago via web
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next