Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

+33
Anka
IsisAurelia
Beast
nicdeedoop
Godzilla85
caliigirl
Dead Revolutionary
LewNi
Alaskan Girl
Aetius Romulous
Joe Bese
cbfunk
MissHidalgo
He who Seeks Truth
Jeremiah
butterfly girl
Mimi
Mother Mary
Babsi
Earth Cries
ZX12R
FoolOnTheHill
4EVAFREEisME
Limpan
Lurker
Canuck36
snark
Janey
cab123
Strawberry
BelgianBoy
Ubetcha
LLL
37 posters

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb - Page 3 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

Post by Ubetcha Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:57 am

Read on another site that gangs were roaming Egyptian streets last night targeting foreigners can this be confirmed?
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb - Page 3 Empty Re: Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 am

1040 GMT: Egypt state radio is reporting that 34 political prisoners were released Tuesday and 1000 "non-political" prisoners, having served three-quarters of sentences, were freed Wednesday.

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/9/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-surge.html
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 am

12:48pm Thirty-four political prisoners, including members of the Muslim Brotherhood, were released on Tuesday, according to Egyptian state television.

The government seems to be scrambling under pressure from international governments and pro-democracy supporters, Al Jazeera's reporter in Cairo said. She added however, that there are still an unknown number of people missing, including activists who took part in the recent protests.

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2011/02/08/live-blog-feb-9-egypt-protests
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 am

good morning everyone flower
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 am

Lurker wrote:good morning everyone flower

Hey

How you doing Lurker?

I love you
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:22 am

bencnn benwedeman

Mideast lexicon: "restraint" - please be discreet when slaughtering your opponents. Someone might be filming.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:25 am

Strawberry wrote:

Hey

How you doing Lurker?

I love you
fine, just mixed up my plans for today Laughing

damn those long nights Laughing

great reporting strawberry, and seeing your new avatar makes me wish for the strawberry season to come soon flower
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:32 am

Morning amazing people!!!!!!

They are asking for Janey on GLP!!!!
sad
Limpan
Limpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 am

Lurker wrote:
Strawberry wrote:

Hey

How you doing Lurker?

I love you
fine, just mixed up my plans for today Laughing

damn those long nights Laughing

great reporting strawberry, and seeing your new avatar makes me wish for the strawberry season to come soon flower

Why thankyou kind Sir

I cooked up my AV in picnik which is my favourite playground of creativity being an amateur photographer.

I cant wait until strawberry season either

I LURVE STRAWBERRIES

Mmmmm bounce
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:35 am

Anything about Israels bombing in Gaza last night???

Limpan
Limpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:39 am

Limpan wrote:Morning amazing people!!!!!!

They are asking for Janey on GLP!!!!
sad

Hey to the wonderful Limpan cheers

I would be surprised if they were NOT asking for JediJaney. We should send a note through saying,

'tough you cant have her because she belongs to us, so nee nawww'

afro

Seriously though I hope they find this place. Perhaps we should switch on our psychotic/pike-ick powers and send messages to them via ESP

king

Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:42 am

It is a shame that they won't post this site. GLP talks about freedom in fact rants about it yet uses censorship. Hypocrisy
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:44 am

1045 GMT: Calm, rational headline of the day comes from an article by Kenneth Pollack, former CIA officer, in The Wall Street Journal: "Could al Qaeda Hijack Egypt's Revolution?"

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2011/2/9/egypt-and-beyond-liveblog-surge.html
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:46 am

1:32pm Update: two confirmed dead and dozens injured in Al-Wadi al-Jadid - this area includes five widely scattered clusters of oases and the entire southwestern quadrant of the country.

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/2011/02/08/live-blog-feb-9-egypt-protests
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 am

Limpan wrote:Anything about Israels bombing in Gaza last night???

There was this from earlier but if you find anything else please post back

http://www.euronews.net/2011/02/09/israeli-airstrikes-injure-eight-after-gaza-rocket-fire/
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:55 am

I am off for a while

Take care everyone

sunny
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EVAFREEisME Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:00 am

Morning all. Thanks for the updates.

Hugs

Digesting the latest and BRB.

Egypt Rolling Updates Wednesday 09 Feb - Page 3 901264
4EVAFREEisME
4EVAFREEisME

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 am

Strawberry wrote:More On the Mubarak Regime's Crackdown

Human Rights Watch have issued the following damning report on continuing abuses under the Mubarak regime.
While Washington seems content with a Suleiman led process of 'political dialogue' this is what his intelligence services have been up to. Note the alleged involvement of the military which claims to be neutral in all of this.Egypt: Investigate Arrests of Activists, Journalists
Military’s Arbitrary Arrests, Beatings Are Trademark of Interior Ministry Repression(Cairo, February 9, 2011) – The Egyptian government should order military police, army officers, and State Security Investigations officers to cease arresting journalists, activists, and protesters arbitrarily, Human Rights Watch said today. Army officers and military police arbitrarily detained at least 119 people since the army took up positions in Egyptian cities and towns on the night of January 28, 2011, and in at least five cases tortured them.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/middleeastblog/Post:b2aac2ab-8ac2-4769-a339-8ba73714b5fb

Thanks for this important news and good morning Straw! It's good we have organizations like Human Rights Watch.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:13 am

Janey wrote:
Strawberry wrote:Al-Qaeda in Iraq calls on Egyptian protestors to wage jihad

Al-Qaeda-front group The Islamic State of Iraq has called on Egyptian protestors to wage jihad and push for the establishment of a government based on Islamic law, the US-based SITE monitoring service said Tuesday.

The statement, which appears to be the first reaction of any group affiliated with Al-Qaeda to the ongoing protests in Egypt, was issued on jihadist forums on February 8, according to the US group.

The message, addressed to the protestors, says that the "market of jihad" has opened in Egypt and "the doors of martyrdom have opened," and every able-bodied man must participate.

The group urged Egyptians to ignore the "ignorant deceiving ways" of secularism, democracy, and "rotten pagan nationalism."

http://nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=238731

you know this was only a matter of time before they said something. My only surprise is why this didnt happen sooner. I think Muh and I were wondering about this over a week ago now. If they seen an opening they take it. I think the good news is that their power base in Egypt is very weak, but they should still be watched
I wonder if they are still being run by CIA. Over here they seem to come up with fake Osama crap whenever the want to scare people. I no longer pay any attention to any of it.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 am

Strawberry wrote:
Janey wrote:just going through my emails and have been told that industrial unrest is spreading. I will email back and ask for more detail

that would be great JediJaney

It seems that it is all walks of people that are protesting not just the poor
Yes, we saw that trend big time yesterday and it will only grow. The revolution is growing.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 am

latest I have is about 15,000 people now on permanent strike and the number is building by the hour
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 am

Morning, peeps. Just wanted to thank everyone for all the info posted this morning.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:21 am

muslim brotherhood says it does not seek power and will not field a candidate for President, saying they are only interested in being part of a democracy - AP
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by FoolOnTheHill Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:23 am

Janey wrote:Middle East peace process 'at threat' from Egypt turmoil

The peace process in the Middle East is under serious threat as a result of the political instability in Egypt, William Hague has claimed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/8312848/Middle-East-peace-process-at-threat-from-Egypt-turmoil.html
This strikes me as just more fear mongering on their part. I am quite skeptical of their so-called peace process, which seems based on suppression of people in Egypt and in other countries allied to the US.

FoolOnTheHill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ubetcha Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:24 am

ya gotta hand it to Sulieman, calls for the people to stand down while he and his thugs won't stand down......the rule of a few trying to dominate those who are fed up with them. Scratching my head
Ubetcha
Ubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next