Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

+27
Dead Revolutionary
nicdeedoop
Claudia
Robert
Paddy
goodmockingbird
LS
Babsi
trudat
DoomFinch
Alaskan Girl
northerntomcat
Morgana
Muhajiir
Info.Dot
ZX12R
Limpan
fingulas
Godzilla85
Stealth521
cab123
Strawberry
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lime Flavoured
Lurker
Janey
31 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 19 Empty Re: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

Post by Strawberry Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:00 pm

I just posted some youtube vids in the ChCh earthquake thread. Water is rising up through the earth and Rickster is giving an account on what he is seeing on TV (he is in Australia)
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 19 Empty Re: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem

Post by Strawberry Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:I wrote this in cabs thread moments ago, I realized this should be posted here as well...if you'll bear with me folks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cab123 wrote:
The price of freedom has gone up in Libya since this morning.It makes my heart sad to see
the International Legal System (UN) slow to act on this but they have governing laws also.
Maybe tomorrow will things will change.

Cab nothing has changed and I fear nothing will change until something so big and so horrible happens it will then shock people out of apathy. Today I've heard arguments calling for respect of international law in dealing with Libya in how they have massacred so many innocent and unarmed people who siimply want their voices heard and want freedom. International law is useless right now and there are times when it's application is useless, this I feel is one of those times. For those that want international law to reign in this situation, tell that to all of the dead and dying right now that our govt's were unwilling to act or unable to act because they had to follow "the law".

What we are seeing isn't about law it's about humanity and the sanctity of life, two things I hold dear to my heart and I know many of you do as well. Those ideals along with the ideals of freedom have to be protected along with the people who fight for them, for the most part thankfully with laws, but there does come a time when more is needed. Remember that the tree of liberty must from time to time be replenished with the blood of not only patriots but of tyrants as well, it's time for the partriots to stop bleeding and for tyrants to spill blood.

I apologize to any and all if I seem rash in my view but I've seen too much evil in this day to just sit idly by and say that the law prevents us from acting against it, if that is the case then we are no better than the monsters perpetrating these horrible acts upon the people of Libya.

[i] Supporter of The Sock

You dont have to apologise. It has been a grueling day for those of you that have been here for quite a while witnessing the evil actions of another demon dictator.

Group Hug
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:37 am

Lurker wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

amtfoto:
30,000 Mercenaries in #Tripoli #Libya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #Feb17

I was listening to someone being interviewd on either Sky or BBC, last night, and he sounded terrified. He said there were many white people out killing he thought they were Eastern Europeans. He didn't say why he thought that's who they were.

Apologies if this has already been posted but I'm only just catching up with the thread due to work commitments taking over my life at the moment. (I work for myself so no-one to delegate too! lol). I've just had another 2am bedtime and was flicking through TV news channels as I worked. This interview has played since I heard it. How on earth can unarmed people fight mercenaries?
Luna
Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 am

Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 19 464982 all!
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 am

Al Jazeera: Statement by Libyan Military Officers asks all members of the Libyan army to join the protesters.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 am

BelgianBoy wrote: Libya Rolling Updates Monday 21st - Massacres and Mayhem - Page 19 464982 all!

Wave
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:49 am

Al Jazeera: Rights Source: Pamphlets in Guinea & Nigeria asking 4 mercenaries 2 fight in #Libya 4 a wage of $2,000/day.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 am

10:02 am Israeli president Shimon Peres, who is in Spain, said on Monday that it was "an irony of history" that Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi recently called for "a Middle East without Israel" but that it now appeared that "there will be a Libya without Gaddafi". Officially, the Israeli government has had no reaction to the violent revolt in Libya.

8:20 am There have been multiple reports out of Libya that security forces there are using "high caliber" or "anti-aircraft" weapons against civilian protesters. We've seen video of Libyans holding spent rounds, both large and small, comparing the two for cameras. To get a sense of what high caliber really means, look at this photo:

The round second from right is standard 5.56mm - of the type used by NATO forces, as the photo illustrates. The round on the far left is .50 caliber and has reportedly been used against protesters. Sources in Tripoli who have spoken with doctors in the capital also said some believe explosive rounds are being used.

One blogger noted: "I had a discussion with my brother, who’s currently training in the police academy, about weapons that law enforcement/the military uses. Do you want to know what police departments who even have these bullets use them for? Immobilizing vehicles and shooting through walls ... These bullets are designed to shred things much tougher than the human body."

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/africa/2011/02/22/live-blog-libya-feb-22
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:45 am

Without reading the whole thread, did anything come of the rumours regarding the use of Italian planes?

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:47 am

Dead R.,
morning all, info. related to 50 cal. ammo.

Types of U.S. .50 cal. Cartridges
This listing of .50 cal. cartridges includes most of the types used by the U.S. military:

•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, High Pressure Test, M1
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Blank, M1 (no bullet, crimped)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Incendiary, M1 (blue tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer, M1 (red, maroon, or orange tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Blank, M1A1 (no bullet, crimped)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, M2
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Armor Piercing, M2 (black tip)
•Cartridge, Dummy, Caliber .50, M2 (holes in case)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Armor Piercing Incendiary, M8 (aluminum tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer M10 (red, maroon, or orange tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer; M17 (red, maroon, or orange tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Armor Piercing Incendiary-Tracer, M20 (red ring/aluminum tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Incendiary, M23 (blue tip)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, M33
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Spotter-Tracer, M48A1
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Spotter-Tracer, M48A2
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Plastic Practice, M858
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer, Plastic Practice, M860
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP), M903 (plastic sleeve on projectile)
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Saboted Light Armor Penetrator-Tracer (SLAP-T), M962
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Practice, T249E2
•Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, High Pressure Test, T251
•Cartridge, Caliber .50: Armor Piercing Incendiary (API), MK 211 MOD 0

The 50.cal. has been mentioned a few times in the past weeks. Please believe me, the devastation and destruction these rounds can cause is unimaginable without seeing it.

full link:

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_firearms_ammo_50cal.php
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:59 am

Yeah, .50 cal bullets are not small. The reports I saw said they were using Anti-Aircraft rounds on people.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:Yeah, .50 cal bullets are not small. The reports I saw said they were using Anti-Aircraft rounds on people.

morning Lime,

Yes they will put the fear of all gods in you if you're close enough to see what they can do.
I won't knowingly post any links(with video on ppl.) on here because of the graphics.But links are available if searched.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 am

cab123 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:Yeah, .50 cal bullets are not small. The reports I saw said they were using Anti-Aircraft rounds on people.

morning Lime,

Yes they will put the fear of all gods in you if you're close enough to see what they can do.
I won't post any links on here because of the graphics.But links are available if searched.

I don't wish to search for them, I can imagine it well enough I think.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:29 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:
cab123 wrote:

morning Lime,

I won't post any links on here because of the graphics.But links are available if searched.

I don't wish to search for them, I can imagine it well enough I think.

Made edit to state that
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 am

Over a hundred bodies of soldiers who refused to follow orders, found at camp in #Benghazi, in mass grave.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 am

Libyan activist Saeed Eisa on #AJA; An officer in the Libyan army tried to assassinate #Gaddafi yesterday but failed.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 am

BelgianBoy wrote:Libyan activist Saeed Eisa on #AJA; An officer in the Libyan army tried to assassinate #Gaddafi yesterday but failed.

Someone will succeed eventually.

To paraphrase the IRA (pity that I have to quote a terrorist group, but it works): The assassins only have to be lucky once, he has to be lucky always.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 am

#libya Unconf news: the slaughter and his gang are running away on a convoy of 50 cars heading south. http://bit.ly/gKGF0f
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 am

yahoo news AFP

– 7 mins ago
1057 GMT: The UN Security Council and Arab League have both scheduled meetings for today to discuss the bloody crackdown by Libyan authorities.

1053 GMT: Residents of two districts in Tripoli tell AFP by telephone that there was "a massacre" last night, with gunmen "firing indiscriminately" in Tajura district.

Another in Fashlum says helicopters landed with what he called African mercenaries who opened fire on anyone in the street, killing many people.

A Latin American expatriate living in Tripoli's upscale Gargaresh suburb reports seeing several burnt tyres and a torched truck and car during a brief outing yesterday.

"We passed a barricade manned by men armed with Kalashnikovs. I was very scared, they had arrested a couple of Africans," he tells AFP.

1050 GMT: Libya's state-run Al-Jamahiriya Two television network is continuing to deny reports that the air force strafed protesters last night.

"They say there are massacres in several cities, towns and neighbourhoods of Libya. We must fight against these rumours and lies which are part of psychological warfare," says a red ticker on the bottom of television screens.

This information "aims to destroy your morale, your stability and your riches," it adds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110222/wl_afp/libyamideastunrest_18
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:15 am

1104 GMT: United Arab Emirates energy minister Mohammad bin Dhaen al-Hamli says OPEC (the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is "watching the situation and ready to act when necessary." Full Story »

.good news??
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:17 am

cab123 wrote:1104 GMT: United Arab Emirates energy minister Mohammad bin Dhaen al-Hamli says OPEC (the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is "watching the situation and ready to act when necessary." Full Story »

.good news??

Well, it depends what action he will take.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:
cab123 wrote:1104 GMT: United Arab Emirates energy minister Mohammad bin Dhaen al-Hamli says OPEC (the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is "watching the situation and ready to act when necessary." Full Story »

.good news??

hence the ?? local news just said gas to go to 5.00$ soon here in US.. @ 3.00$ now... Egypt Stock Market will not open till next wk.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:29 am

cab123 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:

.good news??

hence the ?? local news just said gas to go to 5.00$ soon here in US.. @ 3.00$ now... Egypt Stock Market will not open till next wk.

I dread to think what gas prices are like round here. They were at £1.20+ per litre the other day, and have almost certainly gone up a bit.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:30 am

crude oil @ 93.00$ = +6.50 in 1hr.

6:18AM EST: 92.84 6.64 (7.70%) Crude Oil Mar 11 (CLH11.NYM)

I'll watch this while I can,I'll be gone ~9:00am
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:37 am

Lime,
I truly understand, and oil prices WILL make the world get involved. You can't piss everybody
off without serious repercussions.( US markets don't open till 9:00EST)
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next