Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

+24
Morgana
Babsi
Alaskan Girl
Aetius Romulous
Claudia
LewNi
Paddy
cbfunk
Muhajiir
nicdeedoop
flick
goodmockingbird
trudat
Godzilla85
Strawberry
Lime Flavoured
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lurker
Limpan
LLL
Dragonin
cab123
Janey
28 posters

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 26 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Babsi Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:49 pm

cab123 wrote:AG, babsi straw who ever is left,

I'm gona get some sleep.4:00am comes quickly any more.
Have a good evning and see you sunday

Nite Cab - I'll be trying to have some sleep too

Good night all Smile
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 26 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm

'Nite Babsi. Sleep well Smile
Geeze, It's only 6PM here
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm

RRowleyTucson‎ Oone thing no one understands here in Tripoli: mobile companies keep topping up phones for free #Feb17 mystery! #Libya
Twitter - seconds ago

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 26 65547
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by flick Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I think Malta air traffic control just told a pilot that Libyan airspace is closed.

Sometimes I have trouble with the accents.

flick

Back to top Go down

Post by flick Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Egyptair MSR3090 appears to be heading for the city of Surt, Libya, from directly north of it. Not the approach I've become used to seeing for Tripoli.

Malta just handed him off to Tripoli. Dropped off my radar view.

Oh geez, British Airways pilot just said, "Top o' the mornin'." Love it.

flick

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:07 pm

It's 6 AM in Libya. Waiting with baited breathe for new news.
(Rambling to myself)
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by flick Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Tripoli airport appears to be open. In the morning - which is NOW, Tripoli time - there are at least 4 Afriqiyah airline flights scheduled to arrive. From Lome, Lagos, Johannesburg, Kinshasa, and Dakar.

Suppose those are mercs?

I have no idea what's normal in numbers for these flights, although there must be history on the 'net. Too tired to look it up.

Link

Last edited by flick on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)

flick

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm

annfinster‎ RT @ElizabethReilly: Libya commentator on @AJEnglish Gaddafi controls about 12 km of #Tripoli. Impressive #Libya. You've almost got the entire country!
Twitter - seconds ago

MelissaTweets‎ RT @BlogsofWar: RT @Tripolitanian Tanks block all entrances to #Tripoli #Libya.
Twitter - seconds ago
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:51 pm

tunatrawler‎ [LIBYA] Tripoli: Be very wary (careful) of use of social-media next three days... Use no actual names, places or movements. VOICE #anonymous
Twitter - 1 minute ago
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm

tunatrawler‎ [LIBYA] Tripoli: Further...Be Brief, use short texts or talk. Disconnect the POWER PLUG in-between message slots. Compose OFF-LINE #feb17
Twitter - seconds ago
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Paddy wrote:
US wrote:"NYT's piece on lawyer who started the Libyan protests, he's named"

Yes, thank you for the link. This is the story we need to read to help in understanding. This will not be the whole story, but does help to explain how citizens are organizing their social structure.

Note: As a US Southerner, we still deal with certain consequences of having risen against the US federal government 150 years ago. We don't want to be called "Yanks" and the War Between the States is a basic reason for our "gun culture" and the reason so many US Southern citizens are unwilling to give up their arms. Our forefathers suffered through a scorched-earth policy by the US federal government. Courthouses and records were burned and property stolen. Yankee soldiers rode their horses through the legislative chambers in the South Carolina state capitol and the City of Atlanta was burned to the ground.

Some of us are carefully watching the mid-East revolts in general and the Libyan crisis in particular. We are looking for pointers to success for the next time we rise up against the feds.

Can someone tell me what this says.It just looks like a Gaddafi speech to me as in makes no sense.

Hi Paddy,
Someone had posted about the lawyer(s) who began the Libyan protests names and info. on them might not be available at this time due to protecting them, and might be released when all is done. (para-phrasing)
I was also interested in this and found a NYT piece and posted it.
I see what was in the link was not what I intended, so here it is again.
If the link is still wrong, the article can be found..google......nyt libyan lawyer started protest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/world/africa/25benghazi.html
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Correct article,
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:26 pm

RAF and special forces teams are expected to continue their mission to rescue the remaining 300 or so Britons still stranded in Libyan desert camps.

~snip~

"There are still people in the desert, so I can't say too much. I can't say where I came from. The guys down there are still doing an excellent job to gather all the guys together and get them evacuated."

~snip~

"HMS York has arrived in Valletta to take on board stores so it can assist the evacuation effort if required. And a number of other military assets remain available to support the FCO-led efforts to return civilians from Libya," he said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12589779
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 pm

tunatrawler‎ [LIBYA] Tripoli: If you have not-> Store drinking water for at least 5 days! Food 4 the same. Make bandages in advance. + Batteries #feb17
Twitter - 2 minutes ago

I'm starting to think they are preparing for a siege. scratch
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Claudia wrote:
Paddy wrote:
US wrote:"NYT's piece on lawyer who started the Libyan protests, he's named"

Yes, thank you for the link. This is the story we need to read to help in understanding. This will not be the whole story, but does help to explain how citizens are organizing their social structure.

Note: As a US Southerner, we still deal with certain consequences of having risen against the US federal government 150 years ago. We don't want to be called "Yanks" and the War Between the States is a basic reason for our "gun culture" and the reason so many US Southern citizens are unwilling to give up their arms. Our forefathers suffered through a scorched-earth policy by the US federal government. Courthouses and records were burned and property stolen. Yankee soldiers rode their horses through the legislative chambers in the South Carolina state capitol and the City of Atlanta was burned to the ground.

Some of us are carefully watching the mid-East revolts in general and the Libyan crisis in particular. We are looking for pointers to success for the next time we rise up against the feds.

Can someone tell me what this says.It just looks like a Gaddafi speech to me as in makes no sense.

Hi Paddy,
Someone had posted about the lawyer(s) who began the Libyan protests names and info. on them might not be available at this time due to protecting them, and might be released when all is done. (para-phrasing)
I was also interested in this and found a NYT piece and posted it.
I see what was in the link was not what I intended, so here it is again.
If the link is still wrong, the article can be found..google......nyt libyan lawyer started protest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/world/africa/25benghazi.html

Paddy,
My original posting for the NYT piece is on page #33 and is the correct link for this article.
Very strange post that came up for you from the link, scary stuff!
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Claudia, I read that article. Very enlightening.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 pm

tunatrawler‎ [LIBYA} Tripoli: Prepare items to barricade (block) doorways! Cover windows or block at night. Sit in center doorways if building hit #feb17
Twitter - 3 minutes ago
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Flight originating in Turkey just got turned away from Tripoli. Otherwise, skies are empty from Italy to Egypt to Tunisia.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:Hi Claudia, I read that article. Very enlightening.

Wasn't it? and him representing the families if those killed in 1996 is what sparked this.

Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by flick Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 pm

Egyptair flight seems to be approaching Tripoli. Maybe is now 400 km northeast.

Turkish airline looks to be approaching Tripoli. Now between Sicily and Athens, roughly.

I thought that Turkish flight, the Saga airliner, had landed and taken off from Tripoli, not been turned back. But I'm so tired that air traffic control doesn't sound like English any more lol.

flick

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:09 pm

flick wrote:Egyptair flight seems to be approaching Tripoli. Maybe is now 400 km northeast.

Turkish airline looks to be approaching Tripoli. Now between Sicily and Athens, roughly.

I thought that Turkish flight, the Saga airliner, had landed and taken off from Tripoli, not been turned back. But I'm so tired that air traffic control doesn't sound like English any more lol.

The Turkish guy never made it close to land. I see the Egypt Air now. It was just sooo quiet for a time. Been waiting for the African flights you mentioned.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Claudia wrote:
Alaskan Girl wrote:Hi Claudia, I read that article. Very enlightening.

Wasn't it? and him representing the families if those killed in 1996 is what sparked this.

Strawberry reposted it in the "Libya Articles" section. Highly recommended, very revealing. cyclops
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Tajura has fallen!

Protesters capture army base and all arms and equipment.

Citizens Of Tajura Libya Now Armed To The Teeth 25.02.11

Tajura is about 20km to the east of Tripoli.
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Aetius Romulous wrote:Tajura has fallen!

Protesters capture army base and all arms and equipment.

Citizens Of Tajura Libya Now Armed To The Teeth 25.02.11

Tajura is about 20km to the east of Tripoli.

Watching now.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:25 pm

A quick map check says that with the fall of Tajura, and that of Zawiya earlier in the day, Tripoli is now down to about a 20k - 50k perimeter both East and West. Med Sea to the North, so only the South of Triploi now to fall and it's down to the city itself.

To the south is the main International Airport - the one with the chaos, about 30-40k out by the look of it. Today we will want to hear about Protesters advancing on the Airport and Tripoli will be completely surrounded and cut off.

Just in - Al Hurra: Military planes fly over Zawiya, citizens try to use anti-aircraft weapons they obtained to block attacks. #Libya

There is one remaining airport available to Quacky near Tajura - capturing that will slow merc reinforcements.
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next