Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

+24
Morgana
Babsi
Alaskan Girl
Aetius Romulous
Claudia
LewNi
Paddy
cbfunk
Muhajiir
nicdeedoop
flick
goodmockingbird
trudat
Godzilla85
Strawberry
Lime Flavoured
BelgianBoy
Earth Cries
Lurker
Limpan
LLL
Dragonin
cab123
Janey
28 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Libyan Navy defects and joins protesters.

The Libyan Navy Declare Their Alliance To The Libyan People
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

http://www.ScreamBucket.com

Back to top Go down

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Holy cat!! I hope those guys know how to use that stuff. Stopping mercs in Tajura should not be a problem.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 pm

BENGHAZI, Libya -- Army leaders in eastern Libya who have turned against Moammar Gadhafi's regime are preparing to dispatch a rebel force to Tripoli to support the beleaguered uprising there, a top military official said Saturday.

Brig. Gen. Ahmed Gatrani said a small force comprising army defectors and rebels already has reached the outskirts of the capital, where an attempt to oust Gadhafi on Friday was crushed by pro-regime paramilitaries and soldiers firing indiscriminately at protesters on the streets.

~SNIP~

A small group of 22 rebels and soldiers that set out from Benghazi on Friday encountered pro-regime forces near Gadhafi's home town of Sirte and were executed, Gatrani said, in just one illustration of the hazards that any such army would encounter in attempting to traverse 600 miles, pockets of which remain under government control.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/feb/27/rebel-forces-on-the-move/
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Janey will know more about this one;

More than 300 British soldiers in #Libya to prepare 2 avacuationareas #Saif #Gaddafi calls it invasion.It' only 2 save foreigners #HispArab
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:47 pm

BBC Arabic estimates that Gaddafi has 8,000 armed security men (controlled by his sons) after 5,000 deffected to the revolutionaries. #Libya

Reports coming in of the regime preparing to attack the newly liberated city of zawia, we will attempt to make contact and update #Libya
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Aetius Romulous wrote:Janey will know more about this one;

More than 300 British soldiers in #Libya to prepare 2 avacuationareas #Saif #Gaddafi calls it invasion.It' only 2 save foreigners #HispArab

Did a BBC thing on it a page or two back. They still have Brits stranded in remote areas.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Well Aetius, the world is waking up. It's time for me to go to bed. Hold the fort Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 579139

P.S. I'm a little miffed at having to pay $4.29 for gas yesterday Mad
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 pm

annfinster‎ RT @SultanAlQassemi: Al Hurra: Eyewitnesses: Gaddafi regime deploying tanks in Tripoli to deter protesters & is trying to regain town of Zawiya. #Libya
Twitter - 3 minutes ago
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 pm

This looks to be an intense battle between heavily armed mercs and protesters useing sticks and stones. By the roads and buildings it looks to be Tripoli.

These brave guys are literally face to face with heavy weapons and keep advancing - very intense.

مشاهد قتل ميداني للمتظاهرين في بنغازي
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aetius Romulous Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:Well Aetius, the world is waking up. It's time for me to go to bed. Hold the fort Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 579139

P.S. I'm a little miffed at having to pay $4.29 for gas yesterday Mad

Late here as well. I will hold the fort as long as I can.
G'nite.
Aetius Romulous
Aetius Romulous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:26 am

Good morning everyone flower

the great news from Misurata, which Elbaghdadi claimed, but didnt want to tweet yesterday night..

Misurata is nowe well defended Smile

Elbaghdadi:
We had reports that a highly trained, well armed battalion managed to get from #Benghazi to Misurata safe & sound.

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 331240

I can remember when those guys arrived in Benghazi.. had huge impact in favour of the people/city Smile

pics of some weapons Smile

https://s-hphotos-ash4.fbcdn.net/185607_129738733764897_127675500637887_198773_2424369_n.jpg
https://s-hphotos-ash1.fbcdn.net/180711_129738793764891_127675500637887_198777_1395671_n.jpg

if some of of you havent yet seen pictures of the 14.5mm anti aircraft guns which were used against protestors (benghazi)... thats such a thing Sad

ZPU-4
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:33 am

Al Jazeera English

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 8876

this is "only" the one in Al Bayda Wink

Last edited by Lurker on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:35 am

Elbaghdadi:
I should tell you that a bunch of us with #Tripoli/#Libya sources got together online yesterday and made a decision.
So far, we've been eager to be the first to break the news stories, esp. out of the troubled west/#Tripoli.
But then we realized that in our eagerness to report we may be compromising people on the ground, or giving away too much info.
So from today I personally will only give stories that cannot be used by #Gaddafi, or will give them after-the-fact
I hope others with sources would do the same. Let's not lose site of the goal here - liberty and safety for #Libya.
I hope you guys understand, and I hope you help me convince others not to be too eager with such sensitive news

---------
Zawya,, Sabratha.. are west,, just to name a few Wink
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 am

Cyrenaican:
Ayo @JamesFranco, say "Free #Libya" at the Oscars tomorrow

Libya In Crisis - Saturday 26 Feb MILITARY OPERATIONS CONFIRMED - Page 27 651997

-----------------
AliTweel:
Strong winds, so cold, but there are more civilians living their life and more cars on the roads, it looks like a normal day here.

Kenya recognize that there r 5,000 mercenaries from kenya went 2 Libya since 14 February. May allah help us all. I think they r in tripoli.

Elbaghdadi:
Hackers needed for very important & sensitive work. DM me if (and only if) you are one. No "friends of hackers" or "hacker wannabes" please.

Last edited by Lurker on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:50 am

Morning everyone,

How do we go about nominating Janey and her little sock news for a Pulitzer?
Best updates of evolving humanitarian crisis on the web? Yeah that catagory...maybe
a couple others, too.

Forgive me, imo, she's a shoe in. Lols.

tru
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 am

DPA: It was the first time a country has been unanimously referred to the International Criminal Court by the council
The International Criminal Court referral means that security forces who shoot civilians can't claim that they were following orders.

now someone tell them please Very Happy

Elbaghdadi:
Hackers needed for very important & sensitive work. DM me if (and only if) you are one. No "friends of hackers" or "hacker wannabes" please.

Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:01 am

Nic Robertson CNN:
Just met Saif Gadhafi in hotel corridor. Smiled, at ease but anxious. Was particularly keen to hear what UN Sec Cnl decided re sanctions.
Saif Gadhafi said doesn’t want more killing —said this is difficult time for #Libya but can be ended.
Saif Gadhafi also told me he believes his father's regime can survive, mentioning situation in Sudan & Algeria not good either.

---------
and something funny Wink

lol!
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 am

Morning everyone!

BBC AM: Saif now in control.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 am

Reuters: Quryna: Top Libyan oil firm staff join protests http://bit.ly/eTG8eU Agoco pumps about 450,000 bpd, 3 employees were killed
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:19 am

Misrati tears down Gadafi green book with cheers and much happiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YksUY_3isks&feature=related
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:27 am

Aetius Romulous wrote:This looks to be an intense battle between heavily armed mercs and protesters useing sticks and stones. By the roads and buildings it looks to be Tripoli.

These brave guys are literally face to face with heavy weapons and keep advancing - very intense.

مشاهد قتل ميداني للمتظاهرين في بنغازي

Video title says Benghazi in arabic =)
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:41 am

Lurker wrote:Nic Robertson CNN:
Just met Saif Gadhafi in hotel corridor. Smiled, at ease but anxious. Was particularly keen to hear what UN Sec Cnl decided re sanctions.
Saif Gadhafi said doesn’t want more killing —said this is difficult time for #Libya but can be ended.
Saif Gadhafi also told me he believes his father's regime can survive, mentioning situation in Sudan & Algeria not good either.

---------
and something funny Wink

lol!

OMG this one is the funniest, most revelant parody yet. Made me laugh until tears ran from my eyes. Especially the lines about
his speechwriters. Too true.
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:44 am

Asharq Al Awsat: Libyan diplomat: Ten senior Libyan Revolutionary Committees Movement personnel (regime's backbone) fled to Egypt. #Libya

1 minute ago
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:47 am

Al Jazeera's Tony Birtley, reporting from the eastern city of Benghazi, says people in the city "realise that at the end of the day, they are going to be responsible for the liberation of their entire country and they are taking steps to do that".

"There was a big meeting of the former justice minister who is leading this process and the tribal elders," he said.

"If anything signals the downfall of Gaddafi it's the fact that these tribes are coming together and they're showing unity and solidarity."
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:49 am

Dang it, 4 am us, Twitter down again.
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next