Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya In Crisis - Tuesday 22 Feb

+23
lolita
Aetius Romulous
Robert
FFR77
He who Seeks Truth
Alaskan Girl
Godzilla85
trudat
Limpan
LewNi
goodmockingbird
Paddy
Luna
Joe Bese
Babsi
Lime Flavoured
BelgianBoy
Strawberry
ZX12R
cab123
Muhajiir
Earth Cries
Janey
27 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Libya In Crisis - Tuesday 22 Feb - Page 2 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Tuesday 22 Feb

Post by Janey Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:49 am

ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:RT @AlArabiya_Eng We expect mass graves in Libya by the hands of Gaddafi men and mercenaries - ICC member #Libya #feb17 #gaddafi

Well, that what dictators like Gaddafi and Saddam do over there. Hide their atrocities by dumping them in huge pits and covering them over.

even now they are still finding them in Iraq Sad
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Libya In Crisis - Tuesday 22 Feb - Page 2 Empty Re: Libya In Crisis - Tuesday 22 Feb

Post by Earth Cries Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:49 am

ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:Janey, is Obama ever going to say anything about the situation? Any news from the WH other than that they condemn the actions?

I think I know Obama pretty well. And in my opinion, his greatest fear is of making a political mistake that makes him look bad
or flat out wrong about something. There is no way for him to commit to any real position concerning Libya, without running
some political risk. Therefore, he is extremely hesitant to speak about it. That's why he's been absent during these events.

He is terrified of having to comment on it, or take a strong position.

There comes a time when something is so glaringly wrong, it is time to speak up, no matter how hesitant you are. He is supposed to be the "ruler of the free world", an example of democracy. He is afraid he will tarnish his easy-going, rock star persona. Political risk, be damned. People are being terminated in horrible ways.

I completely agree with you. It is despicable for an American president to not be getting behind people that are
protesting and dying for a representative government and a better life. I can understand him being hesitant to send
troops or invade to help them, but I DO NOT understand his lack of support for them in words. Quite despicable.

You know what irks me the most? It's the fact that most people in the US have no idea of what's going on in the world. There is pitifully little coverage of the turmoil in Libya in the msm. So, most people will never realize how impotent Obama is when it comes to taking a stand for the rights of the WORLD's people. And, they have been brainwashed to not watch AJE because it "promotes terrorism", the old terrorists behind every blade of grass theory put forth to keep people distrustful of anyone different from them. Sorry to rant, but I woke up disgusted at what's happening in the world today.
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:51 am

Janey wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:RT @AlArabiya_Eng We expect mass graves in Libya by the hands of Gaddafi men and mercenaries - ICC member #Libya #feb17 #gaddafi

Well, that what dictators like Gaddafi and Saddam do over there. Hide their atrocities by dumping them in huge pits and covering them over.

You even occasionally hear of them finding them in Bosnia still Sad

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:53 am

Janey wrote:
ZX12R wrote:

Gaddafi's atrocities will be found out as well, and he'll suffer the same fate. Dangling from the end of a rope, with the noose having been placed there by his own people. And the sooner the better for this lunatic.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 am

ZX12R wrote:
Janey wrote:
ZX12R wrote:

Gaddafi's atrocities will be found out as well, and he'll suffer the same fate. Dangling from the end of a rope, with the noose having been placed there by his own people. And the sooner the better for this lunatic.

I honestly do not see any way he can survive this.

The latest info I have is that the UN might be looking to prosecute for crimes against humanity
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 am

Al Arabiya - Gadaffi to announce major reforms in imminent speech
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:58 am

Janey wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Janey wrote:
ZX12R wrote:

I honestly do not see any way he can survive this.

The latest info I have is that the UN might be looking to prosecute for crimes against humanity

I completely agree. In this day and age of twitter and cell phone cameras and video, there's no way he
gets out from under what he's done. It's just a matter of how long, and how much bloodshed, till his demise.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 am

Earth Cries wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:
ZX12R wrote:
Earth Cries wrote:Janey, is Obama ever going to say anything about the situation? Any news from the WH other than that they condemn the actions?

I think I know Obama pretty well. And in my opinion, his greatest fear is of making a political mistake that makes him look bad
or flat out wrong about something. There is no way for him to commit to any real position concerning Libya, without running
some political risk. Therefore, he is extremely hesitant to speak about it. That's why he's been absent during these events.

He is terrified of having to comment on it, or take a strong position.

There comes a time when something is so glaringly wrong, it is time to speak up, no matter how hesitant you are. He is supposed to be the "ruler of the free world", an example of democracy. He is afraid he will tarnish his easy-going, rock star persona. Political risk, be damned. People are being terminated in horrible ways.

I completely agree with you. It is despicable for an American president to not be getting behind people that are
protesting and dying for a representative government and a better life. I can understand him being hesitant to send
troops or invade to help them, but I DO NOT understand his lack of support for them in words. Quite despicable.

You know what irks me the most? It's the fact that most people in the US have no idea of what's going on in the world. There is pitifully little coverage of the turmoil in Libya in the msm. So, most people will never realize how impotent Obama is when it comes to taking a stand for the rights of the WORLD's people. And, they have been brainwashed to not watch AJE because it "promotes terrorism", the old terrorists behind every blade of grass theory put forth to keep people distrustful of anyone different from them. Sorry to rant, but I woke up disgusted at what's happening in the world today.

I totally agree with you - ignorance is bliss I guess. If that was any other country, it would get coverage probably. I'm so upset over all this I can't eat since 2 days Sad. I seriously hope there will be something coming out of the UN meeting. So far only "strong" language, but I doubt Gaddafi hears or cares.

Wonder what his speech will be like, more than 5 secs? And who will he blame? Egypt, Tunisia, US, Israel? Or he will say there's nothing going on and its all lies? I wish somebody would wipe him out at location while making the speech.
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 am

Janey wrote:Al Arabiya - Gadaffi to announce major reforms in imminent speech

Yeah, right. Something like "I will only cause the death of 300 civilians today, instead of 650 like yesterday".
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am

Janey wrote:The latest info I have is that the UN might be looking to prosecute for crimes against humanity

So they should. Assuming they can find him.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am

I will write a piece on Gadaffi when I feel a little better as background, but the bottom line is that he has always been divorced from reality. Western Intel agencies have long believed that he was genuinely delusional and mentally ill.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 am

BBC: #Germany's foreign minister: "If #Libya continues to use force against its own people, sanctions will become inevitable." #feb17

When he fired the first shot at his own people, sanctions should have been put in place.
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:04 am

Earth Cries wrote:BBC: #Germany's foreign minister: "If #Libya continues to use force against its own people, sanctions will become inevitable." #feb17

When he fired the first shot at his own people, sanctions should have been put in place.

I agree.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:06 am

AJ International reports that an Emergency Meeting by the Arab League is being held shortly in Cairo.
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:08 am

Euro Sinks As Libyan Turmoil,New Zealand Earthquake Hit Nerves

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110222-704109.html

LONDON (Dow Jones)--The euro took a battering in early European trading as growing unrest in the Middle East, an earthquake in New Zealand and Moody's downgrade of Japan's debt outlook all prompted nervous traders flock to safe havens such as the dollar and the Swiss franc.....
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 am

#Mubarak was bad for the country, but #Gadafi is bad for HUMANITY. #Libya #Egypt #Feb17 #Jan25
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 am

UNSC emergency session later today also
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:14 am

Reports from Malta, they are monitoring a naval "asset" from Libya
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:17 am

Babsi wrote:Reports from Malta, they are monitoring a naval "asset" from Libya

I wonder what that means.

Hey Babsi I cant find anything on Egypt protest today and tweets are slow
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:20 am

Strawberry wrote:

I wonder what that means.

Hey Babsi I cant find anything on Egypt protest today and tweets are slow

Italy is watching the defected naval ship from the air. It is unclear what it is doing, if it will come to Malta port or not. Security fears in Malta as well as for the naval ship itself as it could get attacked by libyan jets.

Re: Egypt, I am sure people are in the Square, I haven't heard from my friend. But he said a while ago there's talk to go to the Libyan Embassy instead, as this is now a egyptian issue as well. There are 1,5 Mio. egyptian nationals stranded near Benghazi, airport is destroyed, people are trying to cross the borders, but is dangerous.

What a mess....
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 am

Janey wrote:UNSC emergency session later today also

Unfortunately, the Security Council is usually very reluctant to do much of anything on their own
without someone like the U.S. saying they will lead a coalition of countries willing to do something
about Gaddafi. Someone will need to lead the charge, then the U.N. would probably give their backing.

I have no expectations that Obama would be interested in undertaking that kind of risky endeavor.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:22 am

Broad story from Libya is Army has largely switched sides, heading for Tripoli. Air force is controlled by Gaddafi's own tribe, bombing army
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:24 am

Entire ship defecting? That would be awesome!
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 am

Good morning all, and thanks for keeping me informed.

There is great disorder under heaven, and the situation is excellent. - Mao Zedong

I can only hope uit gets better ofr the people of Libya.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Babsi Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am

AJ International reports that Austria has sent troops to Malta to evacuate their citizens. Airport of Malta is starting to look like a "military base" with libyan Generals there and european countries evacuating their citizens.

My goodness...

Last edited by Babsi on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Babsi
Babsi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next