Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

+23
snark
Alaskan Girl
nicdeedoop
aka
northerntomcat
LewNi
Joe Bese
Limpan
Strawberry
Paddy
cbfunk
Claudia
Godzilla85
Lime Flavoured
Earth Cries
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Muhajiir
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
Lurker
BelgianBoy
Janey
27 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 7 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by ZX12R Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 am

Janey wrote:White House now saying sanctions may be on the table to compel Libya to stop violence. Not quite sure what sanctions are going to achieve personally!

Talking about sanctions at this point, is pretty laughable, if you ask me.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 7 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:45 am

iyad_elbaghdadi‎ Islamic scholar on Aljazeera issues a call for general amnesty and protection for anyone who abandons #Gaddafi. #Feb17 #Libya
Twitter - seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by nicdeedoop Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 am

#Tripoli airport reporting (via LiveATC/Malta) that it has NO parking spaces for aircraft and has closed to incoming aircraft
nicdeedoop
nicdeedoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 am

Obama is going to make a statement on Libya. Don't know the time. Watching CNN.
It's about time he showed his face.
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 am

Lime Flavoured wrote:
uk wrote:If you are unbiased in opinions then i would like to ask this
Why did the Eropeans and USA not allow UN emergency session and condemn Israel when they attacked Gaza and killed over 1300 people?

The US seem to agree with Israel that operations in Gaza are necessary and legal.

What the rest of the world say doesn't seem to matter to either the US or Israel. I doubt it ever will either.

Here's a fact about American politics: the Jewish/Israeli lobby donates lots of money and delivers lots of votes to politicians who support Israel. Politicians who vote against Israeli interests are risking their political careers. There is nothing illegal or even unethical about this process.

The solution is for Arabs/Palestinians to do the same thing. When they show they can swing individual elections everything will change, and it won't take guns or suicide bombers.

They get better at it every year, but they still have a long way to go.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by aka Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am

uk wrote:one of the biggest problems on this issue is the question of trust as regards to UK and USA.
We all want Libya to be liberated but at what cost?
USA and UK can never be trusted in the games they play. They are not going to allow the oil to flow in the wrong direction.
There two possible reasons as to why all these revolutions are happening
1/ The era is changing and people are waking up. Ridding themselves of dictatorships that were helped and implimented by the west
2/ This whole thing is a set up by USA/UK to try to change events for their own secret reasons. Arab nations were coming together and pushing towards resolutions against Israel at UN. By creating the revolutions it will be years before these countries are able to once again push against any resolutions against Israel.

Recent visit of PM of UK to Egypt is a clear sign that UK is still in control of Egypt. Anyone who really thought that Egyptians have been liberated have been fooled. Nothing really has changed.

The people in the Arab world have realized that they have the power to alter events drastically in their political systems. That's pretty significant, and it's very hard to stop that when the "cats out of the bag"...as evident by the strikes that have taken place since Mubarak's ouster. I'm skeptical of events in the mideast, too, but I think that the zeitgeist of revolution is some plot hatched by the CIA/MI6.

aka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:50 am

Details on the discovery of 1,500 young Benghazi men found imprisoned underground -- buried alive -- and rescued.

http://alive.in/libya/2011/02/22/caller-personally-confirmed-1500-young-men-buried-alive-in-an-underground-room-in-benghazi-speak2tweet/

Heart-wrenching.

Group Hug
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:54 am

Joe Bese wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:
uk wrote:If you are unbiased in opinions then i would like to ask this
Why did the Eropeans and USA not allow UN emergency session and condemn Israel when they attacked Gaza and killed over 1300 people?

The US seem to agree with Israel that operations in Gaza are necessary and legal.

What the rest of the world say doesn't seem to matter to either the US or Israel. I doubt it ever will either.

Here's a fact about American politics: the Jewish/Israeli lobby donates lots of money and delivers lots of votes to politicians who support Israel. Politicians who vote against Israeli interests are risking their political careers. There is nothing illegal or even unethical about this process.

The solution is for Arabs/Palestinians to do the same thing. When they show they can swing individual elections everything will change, and it won't take guns or suicide bombers.

They get better at it every year, but they still have a long way to go.

Joe ,I just started taxs today,wish the world didn't want our help.(I'd be rich)
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 am

Off-Topic..

OH BOY!

my mum just asked me "didn't we saw Ghaddafi when we were at the Spanische Hofreitschule (in Vienna) in the 80's?"

my mum works for the goverment, and back then we were given the chance to go there..
and YES!! indeed..
it was a special lippizaner show, just for Ghaddafi and his delegation..
I remember now.. IIRC he wore a white uniform with a white hat!

OMG...

silent bounce geek pale Laughing

Last edited by Lurker on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Apparently there are other underground prisons where people are buried alive all over Libya.

I just ran across this very disturbing twitter:

OmegaMusic444 ‎ RT @feblib: underground prisons are all over libya as we hear, we in tripoli think there is one in Saha el '7adra but i'm not sure about it
Twitter -
22 seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Just read a snippet saying ALL Libyan ports are closed.
Anyone have info?
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:Just read a snippet saying ALL Libyan ports are closed.
Anyone have info?

will dig right now
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 pm

TheAngryindian‎ RT @rawyarageh: #Libya state TV patchy.. Keeps going up and down. What does that mean? #Feb17
Twitter - 2 minutes ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 pm

and again Sad

Benghazinoo:
Just now , reports from #Tripoli says a navy gunship heading to bomb #benghai #

land forces are moving east toward #benghazi now approaching #Sirt borders not sure if they're heading to destroy cities or #oilfields
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:Just read a snippet saying ALL Libyan ports are closed.
Anyone have info?

Today this site was showing about 8 boats at Benghazi and none at Tripoli.

It showing none at Benghazi now.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/#
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

for what it's worth gas is +.40cents at the pump the last 2 hr.'s here.will probably go higher
as station owners rape us again.
they will tell u thier cost went up,well it's funny how all stations sellout and restock at the same time.lying fu*king AH's.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

The Mercenaries are probably going after the oil fields at the moment, but you never know.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 pm

confirmation that all ports have now been officially closed during the "period of unrest"
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Janey wrote:confirmation that all ports have now been officially closed during the "period of unrest"

So, no escape for foreign nationals?
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Joe Bese wrote:
Janey wrote:confirmation that all ports have now been officially closed during the "period of unrest"

certainly not officially through sea ports
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 pm

It occurs to me Ghadaffi may be baiting the West. Praetorian, do you still have access to the Starfor ships map you posted on the Suez/Iran link?
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Janey wrote:
Joe Bese wrote:

certainly not officially through sea ports

Not allowing non citizens to evacuate now? I think it is fair to say that this move amounts to hostage taking.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

I'd say expect some kind of military response to this, at the very least to get people out or to protect those already evacuating, probably not US but maybe UK or other European country
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

reqbat‎ RT @ShababLibya: Al Manara reports: eye witness in Tajoora, 15 tanks work for Khamees Batelon followed by mercenaries are headed to Tripoli #libya #feb17
Twitter - seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Godzilla85 wrote:I'd say expect some kind of military response to this, at the very least to get people out or to protect those already evacuating, probably not US but maybe UK or other European country

I agree. Something will need to be done. Especially if they are turning back planes as well.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next