Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

+23
snark
Alaskan Girl
nicdeedoop
aka
northerntomcat
LewNi
Joe Bese
Limpan
Strawberry
Paddy
cbfunk
Claudia
Godzilla85
Lime Flavoured
Earth Cries
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Muhajiir
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
Lurker
BelgianBoy
Janey
27 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 14 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Just for reference, the website Libyafeb17.com has put out this disclaimer.

We have received news stating that an individual conducted an interview with an Arab Television Station claiming to be the owner of this blog. We can confirm that we have had no interviews with any TV station.

Just to make things clear, the purpose of this website is just to gather information on the Libyan Revolution and to help spread it. Articles, images and videos are posted here to give an indication of what’s going on both in the media and in the minds of the people (on facebook, twitter, etc).

Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 14 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:16 am

lolita wrote:If I want to offer 500 000$ for the head of Gadafi and his sons, how do I do it?

Or for the head of Abdullah of Saudi Arabia? Or for the Mullahs in Iran?

Is that even legal to offer money to take out people in other countries?

You would have to create an escrow account. Wouldn't really work if you are not reputable, meaning people knew you by your reputation and knew your word was golden. They would also have to know the offer was made.

Also it is definitely not legal. So there is that.
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 am

Claudia wrote:Netanyahu is allowing "300" Palestinians from Libya to enter the West bank, he's concerned for their safety and lives. javascript:emoticonp('lol!')

He refers to this as a humanitarian gesture.

300??? what a guy

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-to-let-300-palestinians-return-to-west-bank-from-libya-1.345272

lol, yea one warzone for another. How thoughtful of him.
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 am

ShababLibya LibyanYouthMovement
Before I go, id like to pick up one point i heard on the radio before i spoke, east libyan locals queuing for guns 2 head to tripoli
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 am

This guy, Mohammed Naushad, twitter: Alwahy

flew to Tripoli yesterday, from UK.. "I'm going to Libya, to help the injured"

here are his reports Shocked

http://alwahy.com/members/admin/activity/36396

his Twitter page:
http://twitter.com/AlWahy

Phone services are mostly down in Tripoli. Internet only by satellite. Airport in a mess. Nearly no airport staff working, no ”real” passport control. Fighting around freeway into Tripoli.

Embassy quarter of Tripoli very calm.

Hospitals are overcrowded. Reports of rape cases (more then 100).

Dead count : (UNCONFIRMED) over 2’000 in Tripoli and surrounding.

Contact to medical staff in the Azzawiya Central Hospital very difficult. They are all terrified.

EU states refuse to release Visas for injured people. Situation is very bad. Please make Duah..

other member: (from 6h to 4h ago)
ICRC is leaving Tripoli, no one is sure for the moment and there is fear that they will target foreigners…

SHOCKING! Latest news from Libya:(6)
In 2006 I was with ICRC in Bagdad, 2007 in Kabul with Human Rights Watch and 2009 in Tehran with ICRC but this here (Libya) is like the end of times. Know I realize what kind of madman Gaddafi is, and still… we are neutral.

Outside some people running down the street, we are getting nervous about all … German ambassador is telling us that Qatar ambassador was forced to leave. Cell network crashing all the time.

Alwahy tweets, 6h ago:

# Ohh my god..we can here flight attacking. in Benghazi side.
Outside some people running down the street, we are getting nervous about all
Air strike, We are Trapped in Tripoli..

Last edited by Lurker on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 am

RT @FMCNL: BREAKING: Gadafi's pilot Odd Birger Johansen escaped #Libya Government Falcon 900 tail nr 5A-DCN to Vienna Austria
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am

and on.. 6h to now Wink

Alwahy:
Latest news from Libya: They was a bomb shell 100meter a way from us..they will target foreigners..specially wit the camera.

Latest news from Libya! We are at the residence of german embassy.

I have get the information that, Gadafi order to kill who is caring the camera we all know why dont we?

This is my last mission- I am try to fix the Internet back on again.. so the news can come out..

Im need to fix internet so badly.. i am almost there

I have been given only 36 Hours to do this mission ..Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

@JijiMMXI My dear friend i dont have enough time - if i have another day in here i will open all the Network channels. for free.

ok people my time is over now.. i have to go to another location.. i see you later .. One world - One Love …

Make it fire.... fire... and fire - your signature is the Key to the Freedom of the people.****STAND WITH THE PEOPLE OF LIBYA…
http://alwahy.com/petition/libya-petition/

sorry guys i cant go out of my building at this time too much gun shooting .. Really if i have the videos cam i will sow you live..

ok im ready to go out -- my last location was.. Bin Turkia High School in Tripoli

Ohh My God i can see couple of Guys pushing the ...ShKH Dana this people have kind of guns..
Machine Gun, Mortars , AK47 , Shotgun , Sniper Rifles, RPG, Petrol bomb and other staff i have seen

@iyad_elbaghdadi I cant take a picture - because We got the intelligent say that Gadafi order to shoot - if they see with the camera.. we took some image its in the camp

This is the situation: We have to go to Airport but we cant go in Car.. bcoz all the road are blocked.. we have to take shot cut Smile

Guys i m alone on this - with me i have Only Allah (God). i have to make move now..

My last MSG to the world is Peace no matter what its cost we need to Freedom -Assalmu Alaikkum

----
Clap

Hopefully he can make it Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 14 154675

Last edited by Lurker on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 am

btw - the spGH Dana is a 152mm self-propelled gun howitzer, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/152mm_SpGH_DANA
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:10 am

BreakingNews Breaking News
British special forces put on standby for possible rescue missions in Libya, sources tell Sky News
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:11 am

What's going on? I can't get any fresh news from Libya.
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 am

– 2 mins ago
VALLETTA, Malta – Americans trying to flee the chaos of Libya's uprising are stuck waiting aboard a ferry because of rough seas.

The 600-passenger ferry at Tripoli's As-shahab port, which has been chartered by the U.S. government, was supposed to leave for Malta on Wednesday.

But a spokesman for the American Embassy in Malta said Thursday that bad weather made that impossible. Strong winds have been whipping up high waves in the Mediterranean.

The spokesman said provisions are aboard the ferry for the passengers.

Ferry officials say the boat won't be able to leave until Friday at the earliest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110224/ap_on_re_eu/libya_evacuations
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:19 am

Egyptian workers fleeing Libya say anti-Gadhafi militias have seized control of Zuara, 75 miles west of Tripoli - Reuters
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:22 am

Al Arabiya reports that Ahmad Gaddaf-al-Dem (personal envoy of Gaddafi) arrived in Cairo for consultations on Feb 21st.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:43 am

here's some good news off aljazera twitter box

Warfalla tribe prepares attack against Tripoli to free the city http://www.ansa.it #Libya #Gaddafi #Feb17

56 seconds ago
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 am

AJELive: 7 reported killed, 40 injured as #Gaddafi forces storm Az-Zawiyah in #Libya. More on #AlJazeera's liveblog: http://aje.me/hVJqZr 31 seconds ago · reply

Last edited by trudat on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 am

German news reporting al-Sawija (southwest of Tripolis) has been attacked by Gaddafi supporting thugs. Mayn dead.

Guest123

Back to top Go down

Post by trudat Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:03 am

Pragmatic and useful ideas to help Libya right now.

Nicholas KristofLibyan military officers wavering about obeying orders, so here's what we can do. My column - http://nyti.ms/eaYY6o about 4 hours ago

Map of liberated cities in Libya

https://i.imgur.com/fhgKl.jpg
trudat
trudat

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:12 am

martinchulov Martin Chulov
Loyalist elements still in town. Benghazi's fear Ghaddafi's last act of vengeance is not far away.
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:19 am

SultanAlQassemi Sultan Al Qassemi
Saif Al Islam: "This is all silly talk of bombing cities. Tomorrow journalists from all over the world will come to see the truth"
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:22 am

SultanAlQassemi Sultan Al Qassemi
Saif Al Islam now on TV: "The world is conspiring against #Libya" "Nilesat has cut the signal of Libyan TV"
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Revolutionary Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:41 am

12:24pm: Chinese oil company CNPC says its Libyan facilities have been attacked, and it is evacuating workers.

12:19pm Saif al-Islam Gaddafi appears on Libyan state TV. He speaks of a conspiracy perpetrated by "Arab brothers" and mentions that the media "spread lies" - though not mentioning any network by name.

He asks Egyptians, particularly, not to participate in the "conspiracy". Egypt's army has already been ordered to evacuate its citizens from Libya, after authorities there took Saif Gaddaffi's earlier speech as incitement to violence against Egyptians.

He also said that he would invite media and international organisations to tour Tripoli tomorrow - though he did not specify a time.

"Life in Tripoli is normal," he says.

12:10pm Gaddafi forces blast a mosque minaret with anti-aircraft weaponry in Az-Zawiyah during ongoing attack on protesters, says the AP news agency.

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/africa/2011/02/23/live-blog-libya-feb-24
Dead Revolutionary
Dead Revolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 am

Just a reminder.. You won't like that... Shocked

the bombing of libyan cities by the US in 1986....

April 15th, will mark the 25th anniversary of the death of ghaddafis adopted daughter hannah... Also two of his sons were badly injured that day.. His residence in tripoli, destroyed....

I dont think ghaddafi would be able to hold tripoli that long... But if he does, and also manages to keep as much foreigners, in libya.....as hostages Shocked
this could be his last aim... To hold until the anniversary.. Then endgame and die as a martyr, maybe destroying tripoli, bombing aljazeera, qatar or malta...... Shocked

but its still a long time to mid april.. So... He could pull some evil trick way before...
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:56 am

morning everyone,

today's thread is here. I am starting to feel gradually better so you will I hope see more of me today
https://littlesocknews.forumotion.com/t822-libya-crisis-major-evacuations-thurs-24-feb#12598
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 am

Lurker wrote:Just a reminder.. You won't like that... Shocked

the bombing of libyan cities by the US in 1986....

April 15th, will mark the 25th anniversary of the death of ghaddafis adopted daughter hannah... Also two of his sons were badly injured that day.. His residence in tripoli, destroyed....

I dont think ghaddafi would be able to hold tripoli that long... But if he does, and also manages to keep as much foreigners, in libya.....as hostages Shocked
this could be his last aim... To hold until the anniversary.. Then endgame and die as a martyr, maybe destroying tripoli, bombing aljazeera, qatar or malta...... Shocked

but its still a long time to mid april.. So... He could pull some evil trick way before...

Lurker, our local news just had a report on Libya and that was brought up,time does fly

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 14 464982
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by BelgianBoy Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:00 am

Jason_CP Jason Potter
reports of 3 German naval warships in waters between #Malta & #Libya, carrying 600+ soldiers. Task unclear !
BelgianBoy
BelgianBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14