Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

+23
snark
Alaskan Girl
nicdeedoop
aka
northerntomcat
LewNi
Joe Bese
Limpan
Strawberry
Paddy
cbfunk
Claudia
Godzilla85
Lime Flavoured
Earth Cries
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Muhajiir
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
Lurker
BelgianBoy
Janey
27 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 8 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm

USArmyAfrica‎ Media Update: Libya destroys most chemical weapons: The Libyan regime has destroyed more than half its c... #Africa
Libya destroys most chemical weapons: News24: Africa: News‎ - news24.com
Twitter - seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 8 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by Earth Cries Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 pm

CNN reporter says that at the road blocks and check points, the pro-gov't people are taking people's cell phone SIM cards and destroying them to erase any evidence of wrong doing!
Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 pm

I would get worried if I'm Malta...Gaddafi will not like that his only daughter got the cold hand, while fighter jets and warships is allowed to land and dock...

He is crazy enough to order bombing of malta...
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 pm

We are glad to see you here, Muhajiir, and hope you are well.

Here is a recent twitter you may find humorous:

‎ RT @YousefMunayyer: #Libya TV now interviewing people who are praying "for the great leader's victory over Aljazeera" #gadafi
Twitter -
7 seconds ago

confused
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpan Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:46 pm

[quote="Muhajiir"]I would get worried if I'm Malta...Gaddafi will not like that his only daughter got the cold hand, while fighter jets and warships is allowed to land and dock...

He is crazy enough to order bombing of malta...[/quote

Do you really think so muh??? I doubt it, But you can never be shore
Limpan
Limpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

[quote="Limpan"]
Muhajiir wrote:I would get worried if I'm Malta...Gaddafi will not like that his only daughter got the cold hand, while fighter jets and warships is allowed to land and dock...

With what's already happened I'm surprsied he hasn't gassed a city yet...I'm not putting nothing past that SOB. Any truth to the report that the personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing?
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Gaddafi is certainly crazy enough to order the bombing of Malta, but to do so would be suicide. Also, Malta is the only country to be awarded the George Cross, so I think they're pretty brave lol.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:49 pm

asbicakci‎ RT @libyansrevolt: also we have reports that there are approximately 22-24 tanks dotted around different areas in #tripoli #libya this number is UNCONFIRMED
Twitter - 1 minute ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla85 Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:Gaddafi is certainly crazy enough to order the bombing of Malta, but to do so would be suicide. Also, Malta is the only country to be awarded the George Cross, so I think they're pretty brave lol.

I think he's way past the part of doing stuff that suicide for him. This ends with him dead one way or another
Godzilla85
Godzilla85

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:Gaddafi is certainly crazy enough to order the bombing of Malta, but to do so would be suicide. Also, Malta is the only country to be awarded the George Cross, so I think they're pretty brave lol.

I think he has more than enough to focus on within his own borders than to even be thinking of elsewhere.
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Janey wrote:

I think he has more than enough to focus on within his own borders than to even be thinking of elsewhere.

I would imagine so, but you never know.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Janey Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm

[quote="Godzilla85"]
Limpan wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:I would get worried if I'm Malta...Gaddafi will not like that his only daughter got the cold hand, while fighter jets and warships is allowed to land and dock...

With what's already happened I'm surprsied he hasn't gassed a city yet...I'm not putting nothing past that SOB. Any truth to the report that the personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing?

his justice minister says so, but none of the evidence has been presented yet
Janey
Janey

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:57 pm

ShababLibya‎ Soldiers in Derna shot for refusing to fire at Libyan protesters #libya #feb17 #gaddaficrimes
BREAKING: Soldiers in Derna massacred for not firing at Libyans ...‎ - libyafeb17.com
Twitter - seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
Janey wrote:

I would imagine so, but you never know.

Damn right you never know with this guy. He is batshit crazy and everyone knows it. That's why he can't be relied upon to make rational decisions, and therefore, he is capable of doing anything, no matter how irrational it would seem to others.
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

‎ RT @evanchill: Hillary Clinton reportedly attempted to call #Libya counterpart Moussa Koussa today but technical difficulties in Tripoli made it impossible
Twitter -
35 seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 pm

DinoDinosaur1 ‎ RT @libyansrevolt: CONFIRMED: at least 2 tanks have pulled up in Tajurah #tripoli #libya #feb17
Twitter -
30 seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 pm

CNN just said that the ferry that was supposed to leave this morning has not left and has been delayed.

I thought it already left!?
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:04 pm

LewNi wrote:CNN just said that the ferry that was supposed to leave this morning has not left and has been delayed.

Well the was a report that all the ports in Libya are closed which could explain that.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 pm

SultanAlQassemi‎ AFP: French doctor in #Libya: Over 2000 killed in Benghazi alone
French doctor in Libya: Over 2,000 killed in Benghazi alone‎ - jpost.com
Twitter - 1 minute ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 pm

RT @ShababLibya: JUST IN: Eye-witness report on Libya Live Radio reports: more than 6 army tanks driving into Tajoura just outside of Tripoli #libya #feb17
Twitter -
17 seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by ZX12R Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/23/white-house-press-secretary-jay-carney-obamas-silence-libya-because-of-scheduling-issue/

While things are falling apart in other parts of the world, things at the White House are busy — too busy to notice.

During Wednesday’s White House press briefing, newly minted Press Secretary Jay Carney responded to a question from CBS News correspondent Mark Knoller about when people might expect to hear President Barack Obama address the situation in Libya. Carney’s reason why they haven’t yet: Scheduling. (h/t Real Clear Politics Video)

“This is just a scheduling issue,” Carney said. “As I said, the president will meet with Secretary of State [Hillary] Clinton this afternoon, his regular meeting and they will obviously discuss Libya. We will have something to say out of that meeting and if possible, the president will speak this afternoon or tomorrow.”
ZX12R
ZX12R

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Lime Flavoured wrote:
LewNi wrote:CNN just said that the ferry that was supposed to leave this morning has not left and has been delayed.

Well the was a report that all the ports in Libya are closed which could explain that.

That would explain the reason they are delayed, but why haven't left? That was one of the first things I heard this morning (7:30 EST) that they were waiting for the ferry to leave any minute. I was still trying to wake up but I thought I heard that it had left.
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bese Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:RT @ShababLibya: JUST IN: Eye-witness report on Libya Live Radio reports: more than 6 army tanks driving into Tajoura just outside of Tripoli #libya #feb17
Twitter -
17 seconds ago

Any idea if these are rebel tanks or loyalists?

The NYTimes sez:BAIDA, Libya — Thousands of African mercenaries and militiamen were massing on roads heading toward Tripoli on Wednesday to reinforce the stronghold of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi as rebels protesting his 40-year rule claimed to have taken control of cities closer to the capital, witnesses said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/world/africa/24libya.html?hp

I guess the final battle for Tripoli will settle it.
Joe Bese
Joe Bese

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

OmegaMusic444‎ RT @C0d3Fr0sty: ALERT 4 Lybians: Reporters reports rows and rows of jeeps in Tripoli full of mercenaries with machine guns. #libya #feb17 #Tripoli
Twitter - seconds ago
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 pm

I'll say one thing, the probably forthcoming battle of Tripoli is going to be messy.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next