Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

+23
snark
Alaskan Girl
nicdeedoop
aka
northerntomcat
LewNi
Joe Bese
Limpan
Strawberry
Paddy
cbfunk
Claudia
Godzilla85
Lime Flavoured
Earth Cries
goodmockingbird
ZX12R
Muhajiir
Dead Revolutionary
cab123
Lurker
BelgianBoy
Janey
27 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 12 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

cab123 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:The rumours of Serbian mercenaries don't sound good. I'd be more scared of them than the African guys that's for sure.

Nothing the 101st Airborne or the Desert Rats couldn't handle of course, but it remains to be seen if it'll come to that.

Lime,I find it hard to believe no US or UK boots are on the ground at this time.advanced recon at min.Way to many Int.civiians in close proximity of trouble not to be.
Muha's a good analyst,hope he sees this.

Yeah, I can imagine there are some Spec. Ops. groups on the ground. Of course that would never be confirmed unless one of them died.

northerntomcat wrote:
goodmockingbird wrote:
northerntomcat wrote:Weird the plane just disappeared off the radar at 17k ft 70 miles out and hasn't shown up again, but it clearly made a turn for the coast!

Does that possibly mean what I think it means?

I sure hope not either but i kid you not! that plane just disappeared as soon as it made its turn to Tripoli. We should have been able to track it down to 1500ft. Where did it go? Shocked

That is certainly rather worrying.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 12 Empty Re: Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd

Post by Muhajiir Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

cab123 wrote:
Lime Flavoured wrote:The rumours of Serbian mercenaries don't sound good. I'd be more scared of them than the African guys that's for sure.

Nothing the 101st Airborne or the Desert Rats couldn't handle of course, but it remains to be seen if it'll come to that.

Lime,I find it hard to believe no US or UK boots are on the ground at this time.advanced recon at min.Way to many Int.civiians in close proximity of trouble not to be.

I heard about Serbian merceneris the first day, and if thats the case, its going to be a loong hard fight for Tripoli...as it seems now a war between people/army against Revolution guards/merceneries...thats IF army and people from the east moves to tripoli, else we will have two states in full blown war in a couple of month!

Thats if US keeps its soldiers out, if US soldiers moves in then the revolution will have failed and a forgein country have made a coup, and it will stop ALL revolutions in Middle east and turn the goverments of middle east against US
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 pm

I think that would depend on how the US did it. If they actually went and stayed then yeah, it would have the effect you mention. If they went in, got rid of Gaddafi, got their own people out and left then it might not.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Muhajiir wrote:
cab123 wrote:

I heard about Serbian merceneris the first day, and if thats the case, its going to be a loong hard fight for Tripoli...as it seems now a war between people/army against Revolution guards/merceneries...thats IF army and people from the east moves to tripoli, else we will have two states in full blown war in a couple of month!

Thats if US keeps its soldiers out, if US soldiers moves in then the revolution will have failed and a forgein country have made a coup, and it will stop ALL revolutions in Middle east and turn the goverments of middle east against US

Muha, I love your views,But what about forign citizens?not a good situation.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:18 pm

AliTweel
.#Libya watch out don't joke about this, 2 camps belong 2 his kids full of katusha missiles, in Tajura and Bab Alaziza that can wipe tripoli
6 minutes ago via Echofon
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey Tomcat, so I was looking around and the Singapore Air Cargo just poofed off the map too, it was headed in a path to fly over, or just to the east, Tripoli . Is there something to do with radar silence in the area or.... I dunno beats me.
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by northerntomcat Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Another flight approaching Tripoli and descending it originated north of Brighton UK an easy jet...damn it disappeared too this is odd both planes were about 70-100 miles out very strange.
northerntomcat
northerntomcat

Back to top Go down

Post by 7e7 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:25 pm

2:17am: Abdul Rahman Shalgum, head of the Libyan mission to the UN, has said the situation in his country is very dangerous. Addressing Libyan leader as brother, he said Libya is bigger than all of us.

The Libyan diplomat said:

The nation is bigger, stronger and greater than us all. Our nation is in danger. The brother leader [Gaddafi] can take a decision that saves and salvages the country and stops the bloodshed. Libya now has entered a very dangerous tunnel.
7e7
7e7

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 pm

|I see no more planes in the area. Must be a glitch?
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by northerntomcat Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:28 pm

LewNi wrote:
northerntomcat wrote:Weird the plane just disappeared off the radar at 17k ft 70 miles out and hasn't shown up again, but it clearly made a turn for the coast!
Hey Tom, its been years since I have looked a flight tracking anything. How accurate is this one with routes, to/from?

I ask since I just had to look after you said it disappeared, and I am seeing one that is supposed to be form Uzbek en route to Istanbul, but it is located just to the north of tripoli.

They are usually fairly accurate BUT sometimes they get it wrong. It's based on transponder signals so they are usually up to date,not sure about this system, i usually look at flight aware they are great for North America.

Ya i saw that flight too must be info screwed up, maybe backwards?
northerntomcat
northerntomcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Muhajiir Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:28 pm

cab123 wrote:
Muhajiir wrote:
cab123 wrote:

Muha, I love your views,But what about forign citizens?not a good situation.

Forgein citizens will be in the crossfire, gaddafi will hunt them and people protect them, the brave of the forgeiners will try to evac thru Egypt broder with help of the tribal people, the less brave will be protected by tribal people and those in tripoli will get arrested by gaddafi...thats my view
Muhajiir
Muhajiir

Back to top Go down

Post by LewNi Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:29 pm

northerntomcat wrote:Another flight approaching Tripoli and descending it originated north of Brighton UK an easy jet...damn it disappeared too this is odd both planes were about 70-100 miles out very strange.

I saw it to Tomcat, it happened right before my eyes What a Face
LewNi
LewNi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lime Flavoured Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Alaskan Girl wrote:|I see no more planes in the area. Must be a glitch?

I would really hope it's a glitch or Radar jamming. If not then shit is going to hit the fan pretty soon, because the other alternative is well, not good.

Lime Flavoured

Back to top Go down

Post by northerntomcat Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:30 pm

LewNi wrote:Hey Tomcat, so I was looking around and the Singapore Air Cargo just poofed off the map too, it was headed in a path to fly over, or just to the east, Tripoli . Is there something to do with radar silence in the area or.... I dunno beats me.
I think you nailed it it seems that anything in the area disappeared about 70 miles out.
northerntomcat
northerntomcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Wikipedia changed the flag of #libya back to flag before #gaddafi rule http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya

The award 4 "jaw dropping story of the day" goes to 'Ahmadinejad tells Arab leaders: respect protesters' http://bit.ly/haGahU (expand) #Iran #Libya

@bencnn: Workers in Benghazi power plant refused Tripoli's orders to cut electricity to city. Power supply now more reliable than before. #Libya

Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:31 pm

thisisfifi: RT @ShababLibya: CONFIRMED: #gaddafi now ordering mercenaries to clean streets of Tripoli, as 2000 start cleaning - preperation for media entry #Libya #Feb17
less than 20 seconds ago via web

Libya Turmoil - Wednesday 23rd - Page 12 49459

scratch confused scratch
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Media entry? He he's up to something.
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Earth Cries Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Hospitals throughout the capital of #Tripoli have run out of medicines and supplies as wounded #Libyans continue pouring in.

Earth Cries
Earth Cries

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:50 pm

thisisfifi: RT @ShababLibya: CONFIRMED: #gaddafi now ordering mercenaries to clean streets of Tripoli, as 2000 start cleaning - preperation for media entry #Libya #Feb17
less than 20 seconds ago via web

Alaskan Girl wrote:Media entry? He he's up to something.

Something about that struck me as especially chilling... can't put my finger on 'why'.

Kind of like Nero playing the lyre as Rome burned. That kind of madness.
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Tajura Nuclear Research Center's website:

http://www.tnrc.org/

Anybody feel like using the "contact us" function?
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Muha, I love your views,But what about forign citizens?not a good situation.[/quote]

Forgein citizens will be in the crossfire, gaddafi will hunt them and people protect them, the brave of the forgeiners will try to evac thru Egypt broder with help of the tribal people, the less brave will be protected by tribal people and those in tripoli will get arrested by gaddafi...thats my view[/quote]

Muha, I wish I had your confidence in this matter,but I do feel between the tribal people and professional soldiers the lose of life can be minimized and the dignity of Libyan people maintained.
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by cab123 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 pm

goodmockingbird wrote:Tajura Nuclear Research Center's website:

http://www.tnrc.org/

Anybody feel like using the "contact us" function?
great idea,you first
cab123
cab123

Back to top Go down

Post by goodmockingbird Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

This twitter was first posted 19 minutes ago, and has been retweeted over 4,000 times:

lemlemz: #Gaddafi mercenaries carrying swords sweep through the city and attempt to break into houses. NOW #Tripoli #Libya
19 minutes ago via web
goodmockingbird
goodmockingbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaskan Girl Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Is it just me or did that Syrian plane just vanish?
Alaskan Girl
Alaskan Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by miamikat Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

the flight radar isnt accurate at all.. doesnt even list all the flights.. so i wouldnt worry about planes not appearing or vanishing.

miamikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next